oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

My prediction of happenings at the Boro!

Wednesday: Nothing

Thursday: Nothing

Friday: Nothing

Saturday: After an narrow 2-1 victory over Accrington Stanley, a bashful looking Karanka praises the crowd and confirms 'the club are working hard behind the scenes' to bring in transfer targets.

Sunday: Nothing

Monday: Sheff Wed's bid of £8M plus add-ons for Rhodes accepted. Snodgrass goes to West Ham. Many feel we've left our business too late.

Tuesday: Jesé loan confirmed. Bojan transfer is confirmed for 'undisclosed fee' believed to be £12M. Ramirez stays.

Saturday: Jesé and Bojan both on the bench away to spurs. Stuani plays RW.

UTB!

Not time to panic yet - we're still on course for the above!

Snodgrass wasn't a true 'Karanka style' player and may have been another Rhodes/Downing/Forshaw/Tomlin type signing.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at it from a neutral perspective, Sunderland, Swansea, Hull, Palace - none have really strengthened either. Swansea have brought in Carroll, who balances them very well - but ultimately, they're still worse off than us I feel.

We'll bring in someone.

Exactly, Palace have Schlupp & Van Aanholt but I don't see them improving them defensively which is their problem. 

Hull will have signed 8-10 players by the end of it so it'll be very difficult to get them to gel and have lost 2 of their best players.

Sunderland are doomed, each year they survive it's because of what they've done in the window. 

Swansea may still lose Llorente as well.

Ladies please!!

The window isn't closed yet and there will be tons going on behind the scenes of that I am sure. The time to judge will be next week.

Still think we will see good players coming

Agreed. Not looking good right now but there's still time.

Wow. Van aarholt deal is for 14mill. Think he's good but.....wow

Question. Do we think hull are resigning themselves to relegation by selling snodgrass to anyone or do those who think they are dooming themselves would only be relegating themselves if they sold to a rival (ie us rather than west ham)?

Well for a PL left-back who has been so consistently good for Sunderland, a deal rising to £14m seems quite good. Bare in mind he does a lot going forward, still got plenty of years left in him and the fact Sunderland are selling to a potential relegation rival. That and Palace are desperate for a left-back with Souare possibly having to retire.

As for the Hull thing, I'd be surprised if they were just dooming themselves, otherwise they would have no problems selling to us.

Ok well elaborating on the twitter that got members excited here is what I have been advised but please accept that various parts may not come off or might be slightly off the mark.

Jese SHOULD be done by tomorrow plus 1 other arriving on Sunday (waiting for possible name), in fact just had a message saying expect the unexpected!!!!!! make of that what you will!

Gaston will be allowed to leave if we get a bid of £14m+

Rhodes will be allowed to leave Boro would prefer a transfer fee but it is possible he may go out on loan. Sheffield Wednesday in the frame but it does seem more realistic that it will be either Villa or Fulham. A lot depends on Ross McCormack as Fulham want him back and Villa would use the money involved to fund the transfer of Rhodes to Boro...watch this space.

Grealish is a possibility but more as a fall back and Bojan is still very much on our wish list.

That's about it guys and I can't really add to it...........food for thought though

Ok well elaborating on the twitter that got members excited here is what I have been advised but please accept that various parts may not come off or might be slightly off the mark.

Jese SHOULD be done by tomorrow plus 1 other arriving on Sunday (waiting for possible name), in fact just had a message saying expect the unexpected!!!!!! make of that what you will!

Gaston will be allowed to leave if we get a bid of £14m+

Rhodes will be allowed to leave Boro would prefer a transfer fee but it is possible he may go out on loan. Sheffield Wednesday in the frame but it does seem more realistic that it will be either Villa or Fulham. A lot depends on Ross McCormack as Fulham want him back and Villa would use the money involved to fund the transfer of Rhodes to Boro...watch this space.

Grealish is a possibility but more as a fall back and Bojan is still very much on our wish list.

That's about it guys and I can't really add to it...........food for thought though

Cheers, exciting & nervous end to the window then.