oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Haha. One reason why potential targets may not sign. In case they are worse than we expect them to be :P

Afonso Alves, come in...your numbers up.

That's it's then Alves was awful so every signing will be?? Honestly, even as a huge boro fan I'm not sure I'd come here. Some fans will give you a game (providing they haven't already written you off beforehand) to prove yourself. If that first game isn't brilliant then you are rubbish and the fans know better than the whole scouting system, manager, and board who have identified and sanctioned the purchase between them. #Sacktheboard. And this site is the voice of reason. On Facebook there'd be petitions to get the player deported and the manager castrated

I didn't say anything about being unhappy with the board, manager or players in general. Talk about putting words in someone's mouth. Yes, I was dead set against the signing and I thought today only confirmed why that was the case. Of course he needs time to adjust but for large parts of today's game he was ineffective and when he got his chance, he blew it. If we had the talent to consistently cross a ball on both wings, I'd feel differently but we currently don't.

Apologies, it appeared you thought that you knew he was going to be poor (this being your opinion of him) before he signed. I thought, imo, that you therefore thought you knew better than the manager and scouting system for choosing him and the board for sanctioning his purchase as you wouldn't have done this. I must have misread it

Haha, over to you Boro 4!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canaries striker will not return to Laliga hand of Las Palmas as he intended. Although at first had declined the proposal, Jesse finally played at Middlesbrough Karanka. According to L'Equipe, the English team has done with his assignment, and that the 'Boro' was the only suitor willing to assume all of the tab perceived with PSG .

By the sounds of that las palmas have given up and he's ours!

I don't know he's going to be poor. I think he's going to be poor. It's called an opinion which is what forums are about. Please tell me you're not seriously of the opinion that the board, scouting system and manager deliver on every signing? Differences of opinion are not synonymous with the belief that the whole structure is incorrect - I'll leave you to your world of absolutes.

Looks like VB's tweet was another wind-up. Can't say I'm surprised, he has previous.

This is exactly why VB doesn't post any more. He never was, nor ever will be a wind up. And no, he doesn't have previous as a 'wind up' either. I always thought u were one of the more level-headed ones, 2p2!

Another shout for the unexpected loan maybe Ashley young?

But a bird shat in his mouth.

Do you have some kind of text alert for when the words Ashley and Young are used together on this forum?

Another shout for the unexpected loan maybe Ashley young?

But a bird shat in his mouth.

IN. HIS. MOUTH... !!!

Did he have to pay and do you happen to know where to find her?  I'm just asking for a friend.

Nah, I just give people chances and support them from the off. I have no doubt if jese does eventually sign, the moment he has a bad game some fans will be all over him with the 'he didn't even want to come here' line. I didn't want to sign Snodgrass (until I had money on him) but the last thing I would have thought to do if I thought his first game was poor would be to tell the world I told you so. World of absolutes is a ln interesting choice of phrases. Anyway, agree to disagree. You have an opinion. Fair enough

Looks like VB's tweet was another wind-up. Can't say I'm surprised, he has previous.

This is exactly why VB doesn't post any more. He never was, nor ever will be a wind up. And no, he doesn't have previous as a 'wind up' either. I always thought u were one of the more level-headed ones, 2p2!

We'll have to agree to disagree [about both his post, and that I was ever level-headed]. :P

Most of his posts were very worthwhile, but he did deliberately mislead in the last window, and I'm pretty sure it was outted as a wind-up. I'm entitled to my opinion that that now makes his posts somewhat untrustworthy. And hey, to be fair, 48 hours later - no change in the transfer window.

On top of that, I never put down inside info, even if it's a stretch. Just don't appreciate deliberate misinformation. Not saying VB's most recent post was definitely a wind-up, just that as a result of summer post I was suspicious and as a result didn't value his info. And still don't. Not intended to offend anyone, just my opinion.

His post on the last deadline day was poor form considering how many people on here trust his info, wouldn't get to worked up about it though.

Agreed. Not worked up about it though. Just filter any ITK information as best I can like any other poster/fan.