oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I'd love Cairney. Quality player, every time I've seen him play always looks so comfortable on the ball, something which I think we need more of in the Prem, as half of our team when on the ball never actually look like they are in full control of the ball. Forshaw, downing prob the most comfortable in possession for me. Think he'd fit in the 3 very well and probably be the more advanced.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

They've all moved on loan as opposed to permanent so all of our top targets are likely to be available in the summer. I see this as a slight positive don't you? Or would you have preferred them all to have moved permanently so that we have no chance of ever getting our top targets?

I would have preferred we signed them now.  You do realise that they have turned us down, right?  So now we either look for alternatives or don't sign anyone at all.  Then in the summer we go back for the same people that just said no?  I don't see any positives in any of that.

Do you get any enjoyment out of football? Like, what's the point? I enjoy blind optimism, may be unrealistic but this is still just a hobby,it's much more fun this way.

I get lots of enjoyment out football.  I'm not sure what's to enjoy about missing out on signings we clearly wanted?

They've all moved on loan as opposed to permanent so all of our top targets are likely to be available in the summer. I see this as a slight positive don't you? Or would you have preferred them all to have moved permanently so that we have no chance of ever getting our top targets?

I would have preferred we signed them now.  You do realise that they have turned us down, right?  So now we either look for alternatives or don't sign anyone at all.  Then in the summer we go back for the same people that just said no?  I don't see any positives in any of that.

Turned us down?

Neither Deulofeu or Bojan turned us down. Both players's clubs didn't want to sell him to another PL club. Or do you know more than what's reported in the press?

Turned us down?

Neither Deulofeu or Bojan turned us down. Both players's clubs didn't want to sell him to another PL club. Or do you know more than what's reported in the press?

Deulofeu did. Told us very early on, similar to Jese. However we thought Jese was close to being done

If we sign Tom Cairney then that shows were planning on next season! Good player but should be seen as a project signing which we can't afford to take a gamble on at the moment!

Wonder how long is it until another Spanish player is linked........

Iker Munain

I'm talking more generally, tbh, he's not the most upbeat of people. Fair play if that's how he likes it, it's just difficult for me to understand.

You've got no idea what I'm like.  I have lots of laughs on here I'd say but we're talking about taking positives out of the fact that players don't want to sign for us!  

I'll try and explain this so that there's no confusion:

We tried to sign players and they all turned us down.  However we should be positive because we can still sign them in the summer even though they just turned us down?  So immediately my thinking is why would we go back for people who just said no to us?  Then I'm thinking well either we're going to sign other players in which case we won't be in a position to go back for those players or we're going to sign nobody.  If we sign nobody then maybe things are ok and we stay up but then we're back again to signing players that have already turned us down and I'm a bit dubious about that.  Or we aren't ok, we go down and we're not in a position to sign them at all.  So far none of that is positive to me and shouldn't be to anyone else either.  I'm not interested in going back for players after they turned us down.  They had an opportunity to join us and chose to go elsewhere.  I wouldn't go back in for them regardless now.

Finally, I find it difficult to understand people who can't think rationally and talk about blind optimism as though it's a good thing so I guess we're both left scratching our heads about each other. I don't see that as a bad thing though, I'd rather talk to people that think differently to me than just talk to people who think exactly the same.  I'd be willing to bet you kind of feel the same way as that?  It's the differences that makes forums like this work  :)

Anyone think spurs were planning for 'next season' when they signed dele alli? Why would anyone believe a team sitting 5th bottom br planning for a season in the next division down? Ludicrous suggestion to me.

How does it show we're planning on next season? Specially after we've tried getting bojan and Jesé in, it just shows we've gone down our list of targets.

Again people should be realistic and understand the likes of bamford, cairney, gestede are the only ones willing to come and willing to drop back into the championship if it came to that. We've got no divine right to just bring players like bojan in, we tried and they said no.

If we were suddenly linked with Tomas del cairney we'd make him sound like messi in about 20 posts time! If Karanka and Gibson think a player is what they need I'm happy

Also in summer plenty of people were shouting that we should be looking for talent in the championship.

Turned us down?

Deulofeu did. Told us very early on, similar to Jese. However we thought Jese was close to being done

Says who? I don't recall us having a bid accepted for him.

Turned us down?

Deulofeu turned us down as did Jese albeit it's a question of whether that deal gets done of course. Bojan clearly turned us down, that must be obvious to everyone? The alternative is that we spent weeks chasing a player but never got around to asking his club if they'd consider selling him to us?  I suppose it's possible that we are that amateurish but I doubt it somehow. 

Bojan didn't want to join us permanently as he was hedging his bets.  Stoke wouldn't loan him to us and we never got to the point of simply putting the £12m offer on the table and forcing Stoke and Bojan to make a decision.  Why was that after weeks of interest do you think?