• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely we can attract a better calibre of players than those in the championship! Carney would be player number 5 that we've signed from the championship this season!

If we continue to buy championship players it the championship where we will end up

Couldn't agree more!

Guestede, fabio, bamford are all fringe signings

Fabio is class should be 1st choice at RB by a mile

aye id argue fabio has been better than friend and chambers so far. Probably my favourite player at the moment.

Fabio has been doing Ok, he played well yesterday against a league 2 side!

But my point is that we have to be looking higher than championship players if we want to compete in this league

I can't remember Fabio having a bad game when he's played.

We ARE trying to sign better than championship players ffs, has the last few weeks of us being linked with bojan and Jesé just gone out of your mind already???

If these better players say no then literally what can we do? Just sit around till summer and hope we survive or at least look for decent players that might just give us a chance?

If we sign Tom Cairney then that shows were planning on next season! Good player but should be seen as a project signing which we can't afford to take a gamble on at the moment!

Wonder how long is it until another Spanish player is linked........

Iker Munain

Project?  He's 26.

Fabio a streets ahead of Barragan if you ask me. Tidy little player, strong in the challenge, decent going forward and half decent in the air for a lad his size

Not that I'm advocating signing players from the championship but it doesn't seem to be doing Burnley much of a disservice at the minute

Blaming Karanka for Jesé and Bojan choosing other more established clubs for various reasons is just sad. These players rejected the club not Karanka. In bojans case I don't think he even had a choice as Stoke obviously blocked our loan offer. But I suppose someone has to be blamed.

Blaming Karanka for Jesé and Bojan choosing other more established clubs for various reasons is just sad. These players rejected the club not Karanka. In bojans case I don't think he even had a choice as Stoke obviously blocked our loan offer. But I suppose someone has to be blamed.

Exactly, typical of our fans.

Not sure some can handle the fact that players like cairney, bamford and Fabio are our level. All the evidence is there but they seem to be looking at any kind of scapegoat to blame rather than just seeing the truth of the situation. We are not an attractive option for players as it stands and we are seeing the results of that play out.

Believe it or not but there are some players at Championship clubs who are too good for the Championship, it's just a case of persuading their teams to let them go.

Are people really expecting us to easily sign top players from top clubs, either PL or abroad?

Not sure some can handle the fact that players like cairney, bamford and Fabio are our level. All the evidence is there but they seem to be looking at any kind of scapegoat to blame rather than just seeing the truth of the situation. We are not an attractive option for players as it stands and we are seeing the results of that play out.

I'm not looking for a scape goat at all just don't see they point in buying players who don't improve us at all!

Gestede doesn't improve us, Bamford is questionable as no one knows if he's capable at this level and Cairney would be the same!

Think I'm gonna calmly wait for the window to shut before I form an opinion on this window. Obviously the club have missed out on some players but I'm sure they have other players in mind. Still think we can be competitive in this league.

Agreed, we were a much more attractive proposition before the season started, Gibbo and AK were able to sell the club to players, we had some ambitious targets lined up and we were probably seen as a team that were on the up. Half a season in, and we don't look such an exciting prospect, we look like a dour team hoping to avoid relegation.

It's a lot more difficult to entice top players in our current scenario. I think fans are being a little unrealistic if they think we can entice top draw players to the club in the same way that we could, pre-season.