oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

When you think about it, Young is such an AK signing. Versatile. Can defend. Can use his profile/links to move the deal along.

As I said before, he may not be the dream signing we had hoped for. But he's experienced. And in the type of system AK plays, he ticks a lot of boxes. And even if you don't like AK's way of play, you still should want signings that suit that style.

-------------------------- Valdes -------------------------

--- Da Silva -- Chambers - Gibson -- Friend ---

---------- De Roon - Clayton - Forshaw ----------

--------------- Traore ---------- Young ---------------

------------------------- Negredo -----------------------

-------------------------- Valdes -------------------------

---------- Chambers - Ayala - Gibson ----------

- Da Silva ----------------------------------- Young -

-------- De Roon - Leadbitter - Forshaw --------

------------------ Traore - Negredo -----------------

Genuine question though, as I genuinely don't know. Can he take corners and free kicks? His delivery in open play is good, so I'm assuming the answer is yes. I didn't massively want us to sign Snodgrass to be honest. But when we didn't the one side to it that did disappoint me is that we wouldn't have addressed dead ball deliveries, which is such an important part of the game. Answers on a postcard..

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gaston will be staying as it stands.  I can't see Cairney being his replacement.

I'm pretty sure he'll stay, unless Leicester panic and put in a really stupid offer.

My problem with it is I don't think Gaston has the right temperament to buckle down and play his best until the summer.

Time heals all wounds? maybe he'll remember where he was a year ago? or maybe he'll think if he doesn't perform he wont get a decent move in the summer

I'm of the opinion that if your heart isn't in it then it's near impossible to perform to your best.

This means nothing because we're not actually linked with him, but there's a lack of rumours, so, Keisuke Honda would be perfect, right? Not getting his game for Milan, looks like he might be going to the MLS. Surely we could rescue him from semi-retirement? Anyone got Bausor's number?

This means nothing because we're not actually linked with him, but there's a lack of rumours, so, Keisuke Honda would be perfect, right? Not getting his game for Milan, looks like he might be going to the MLS. Surely we could rescue him from semi-retirement? Anyone got Bausor's number?

I know they have been the bane of our transfer window but he's been linked with las palmas :D

I know they have been the bane of our transfer window but he's been linked with las palmas  :D

Ha, seriously? He can dribble, takes set-pieces, looks for the killer pass. Also a big name to placate those feeling the Jese/Bojan hangover. I've convinced myself now, I'm gonna be disappointed.

I've only seen Honda play once but he was f**king awful.

First it was Bojan then he did not want to sign for us, so it went to Jese then he wanted to go to Las palmas, we then tried snodgrass but did not put a good enough offer in so he went to west ham (diddnt even match burnleys offer becuase they would have paid upfront) and now we are panic buying Tom Cairney so Gaston can go ..... great

Bored......again. people seem to have the ability to read what they want, Ignore the bits they don't want and then fill in the gaps with made up rubbish

Just to inject a little positivity on the players we missed out on.

Bojan. Concerns about injuries. AK may have played him as a winger. Perhaps wasn't as creative as some assumed.

Jese. Didn't want to be here. Attitude problem. Likes to party too much. Could have flopped. Could have been expensive.

Snodgrass. No resell value. Injury record. Only short term success at PL level.

Subotic. Potentially lied to us before medical. Serious injury concerns. That hair style.

Not to say that some if not all were players I'd liked to have seen in a Boro shirt. But none guaranteed success.

49 hours to go. Plenty yet could surprise us. No doubt AK et al still working hard. I'm concerned/disappointed at the moment, but still looking forward to transfer deadline day with the remote in one hand and a whiskey in the other.

What is Ramirez injury? Would he even pass a medical this month?

Good point. I think he's staying anyway.

Injured players pass medicals all the time. The tests are to check underlying issuesweak joints, arthritis, respiratory problems, things like that. That's why Bernardo was able to pass his medical with us when he was still injured.

First it was Bojan then he did not want to sign for us, so it went to Jese then he wanted to go to Las palmas, we then tried snodgrass but did not put a good enough offer in so he went to west ham (diddnt even match burnleys offer becuase they would have paid upfront) and now we are panic buying Tom Cairney so Gaston can go ..... great

Bored......again. people seem to have the ability to read what they want, Ignore the bits they don't want and then fill in the gaps with made up rubbish

Which bit is wrong?