• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I can't understand why Stoke wouldn't allow us to loan Bojan. Him playing here would have obsolutely no negative impact on their final position. It might even have been a positive influence if we could beat teams around them. And should he help us stay up they would have a much bigger chance of getting maximum value for him. I doubt Mainz is financially capable of buying him. Very few Bundesliga teams are, while almost all Prem teams are. Personally I think it's stupidity from Stoke as they are likely to have him back in the summer with no buyers if we go down.

Yes but the Stoke supporters love him. If he was to succeed here can you imagine the pelters Hughes would get.

Don't know much about Mainz but they finished 6th last year and are mid table this , so obviously no mugs.

Their biggest transfer ever was 6.5 million Euros just this summer, and you can guarantee that they can't match Bojans wages at Stoke. But maybe Stoke hopes they will get a better player back for next season. But in terms of selling him we would have been their best hope of maximum profit.

I think the main thing for Stoke was the PR risk of Bojan being a hit here.

A few posts back someone made a very good comment about form, both ours and others, the most important aspect, irrespective of failed signings and other activities we are not yet privy to is what happens for the rest of the season in terms of results performances etc.

Aitor Karanka has to show everyone now that he is indeed a premier league manager and can cope with all that surrounds this excellent position.

Of course this window seems at the moment frustrating but it will not be as half as bad if AK does not start turning things around.

Survival is uppermost, we can deal with better targets once achieved

Good point, I think the next 8-12 weeks will define Karanka's reign here.

I think things are on a knife edge at the moment and things could go either way. If we can win 4 games and scrape a few draws in that time we'll be virtually safe and the AK master plan continues.

If this current bad run continues then our chances of staying up will look very grim, especially with our run in.

That's why I still don't understand the comments from last week he's put himself under massive pressure now.

Tenuous twitter message linking De Pena to Real Oviedo.

Apparently he's having a medical today.

Oviedo have literally just sold their player - Carlos Peña - to Getafe. Don't know how solid these rumours are but that seems a bit of a coincidence.

That said, our recruitment department signed De De Pena, De Sart, De Laet and De Roon - it's like their remit was to sign players called "De Xxxx". :D

Wonder who it was

@reluctantnicko

A Prem player got a move after telling his boss he was 'f****** clueless' in front of the team in training. That's one way to do it.

Payet?

Van Aanholt?

@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources: Everton's Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo are to have medicals at Sunderland ahead of permanent moves. #SSNHQ

Another 2 who are often injured

Living in the past, Moyes, innhe! What's that make it, six of his former Everton team at Sunderland? (including Rodwell who was there before him, obviously)

If true then there MUST be some signings (one or two) coming in and well there is still the Rhode to nowhere saga to be finalised :shy:

If true then there MUST be some signings (one or two) coming in and well there is still the Rhode to nowhere saga to be finalised :shy:

Bruce has said Villa will go back in for Rhodes.

If Ramirez goes now I'd want Demarai Gray coming the other way as part of any deal.

Just been reading my twitter, then?  :D