• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No guys sorry have nothing concrete but assuming that latest news reports etc are valid then it stands to reason that we surely have to have cover for those players who seemingly are going within the next 24 or so hours.

Actually I am still sticking with my earlier claims that I felt our business was done but indications are not supporting that stance anymore.

Also I have only ever reported stuff I know 100% and am loathed to be tarred and feathered with a wind-up tag

No guys sorry have nothing concrete but assuming that latest news reports etc are valid then it stands to reason that we surely have to have cover for those players who seemingly are going within the next 24 or so hours.

Actually I am still sticking with my earlier claims that I felt our business was done but indications are not supporting that stance anymore.

Also I have only ever reported stuff I know 100% and am loathed to be tarred and feathered with a wind-up tag

Can't say that I blame you!

Robbie Brady was said to have completed a medical and agreed terms last night with Burnley. Some journalists announced it as a done deal but nothing officially announced.

I was hoping we'd be able to hijack it tbh.

Not that fussed about Brady personally, but I'd love to hijack it just to see the reaction from Dyche and the Burnley fans. :D

I'm not liking how quiet it's gone

Quiet before the storm and as the thread title suggests maybe there are indications of imminent movement both in and out :)

Got any info Alan?!

Yes, this sounds like you know something, you little tease you! :)

The only thing I've seen to be optimistic about it the gazettes live transfers fasten your seatbelts could be an interesting day but no news of anyone coming in

What a misleading headline that is:

"We made a bid for him (Rhodes) and we went as far as we could," said Bruce. "Nothing has changed. Whether that changes in the next 24 hours, I’m not so sure."

It should be headlined: Steve Bruce Doesn't Actually Say One Way or Another Whether Villa will Bid for Rhodes.

Not trying to be flippant but under most circumstances a trio of Rhodes, Bamford and Gestede would be an attractive looking option for most Championship teams going for promotion and a very good foil for a promoted team in their first season of the PL.

Am I missing something?? :huh:

What a misleading headline that is:

"We made a bid for him (Rhodes) and we went as far as we could," said Bruce. "Nothing has changed. Whether that changes in the next 24 hours, I’m not so sure."

It should be headlined: Steve Bruce Doesn't Actually Say One Way or Another Whether Villa will Bid for Rhodes.

It should be headlined: Steve Bruce "I am literally clueless"

Out of interest.

Has PSG, le'equipe confirmed Jesé?

No, L'Équipe has not confirmed that yet. It's still running the story that it posted on Saturday: "Agreement between PSG and Middlesbrough, but..."

Out of interest.

Has PSG, le'equipe confirmed Jesé?

The sky sports reporter at Rockcliffe pretty much did about an hour ago stating him as one of the 3 players that we have now missed out on with him opting to return to Spain this month.

It's ironic that this time last year we were desperate for Rhodes with the Venkys moving the

goalposts every five minutes. At least we are not doing the same. Villa know what we want

and it is up to the billionaire Dr Xia to dip into his pocket with the £10M. Like all business

negotiations it is normally the buyer who tends to pay more because psychologically you

want the thing you are purchasing whereas the seller is not too bothered if they sell or not.