oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Interesting that sky are going to be at boro tomorrow wonder if there expecting a Deal to be done

Don't they go to every PL club?

Wouldn't they have someone here as there's a match anyway? 

We're nailed on for a panic buy as well. Typical Boro i reckon

This whole transfer window has seemed pretty "typical boro" to me. Unless they surprise us tomorrow, it seems to be the same old "put all your eggs in one or two baskets and fail to get them right at the end leaving you no time to readjust"

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

De Pena was nowhere near as bad as some made out, but it was pretty clear early doors that he was not what we needed him to be. The one thing I will say is he never complained or kicked up a fuss, but the lad was a scouting nightmare. A waste of money, however you slice it.

Interesting that sky are going to be at boro tomorrow wonder if there expecting a Deal to be done

Don't they go to every PL club?

Wouldn't they have someone here as there's a match anyway? 

We're nailed on for a panic buy as well. Typical Boro i reckon

This whole transfer window has seemed pretty "typical boro" to me. Unless they surprise us tomorrow, it seems to be the same old "put all your eggs in one or two baskets and fail to get them right at the end leaving you no time to readjust"

You never know could be a signing out of nowhere like de laet or de sart

Karanka is as ***ed off as I'd expect him to be. He just doesn't hide it as much as others. But we all know his feelings are always on the surface

It's hard getting players in in Jan so I'd be suprised if we had more than 3-4 real targets. There just wouldn't be that many that interested us and we're available. We've probably got a few back ups but they are probably risks or long shots

Just seems a huge risk to me. They've paid top market value for him. Can't see him being worth anymore in the summer, and there's always the chance the lad has a shocker second half or gets injured then they are in the sh'tter. This season is over for them anyways.

Ulloa has tweeted that he won't play for Leicester again. This is fast becoming a pandemic across football. Something has to be done, surely?

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. Rubbish.

How can you judge without knowing any names?

When the transfer window closes I hope the club assess where the recruitment of wingers/creative players has gone wrong in this window and last Summer. Considering it's been blatantly obvious since promotion that the huge area of weakness in our squad are on the wings/#10 and we have this apparent crack(cack) team of Orta, Gill and co orchestrating our transfer strategy, then it's fair to say that something has massively gone wrong hasn't it. Fair enough, I get that we've went for high profile targets like Deulofeu, Jese, Bojan and Snodgrass but I think we could easily have signed far better than what we have if we either put more resources into them areas or set our sights a bit more realistic from the start for at least one winger target and then hold out for an optimistic signing. Last Summer we seemed to hold out for Deulofeu and I'm assuming missed out on preferable options which left us in a panic in the last few days of the window and now, yet again, we've let ourselves be in the same position. It's the same problem repeating. I hope now that the penny has dropped to the people behind the scenes that we've got to realise that some players will never want to come here. Since promotion we've signed two unproven wingers - Traore and Fischer, both of whom I'd consider projects - so it isn't exactly following a brief of signing better than what we have.

I can fully understand Karanka's frustration. Now it seems that we're in a patch up situation where we're probably going to have to get a pretty unwanted loan or end up throwing big money at a panic buy - probably the former. If we managed to sign one very good winger this window then I think we'd have been very confident about our chances of keeping up but the inability to improve our winger options is leaving us in a very precarious position. How we need a current winger to step up between now and the end of the season.

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

Or, you know, just maybe that we couldn't get the signings we wanted and are now having to pursue other avenues?