• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. If we did try to buy Young (given Jose revealed he wants out) then what price would be fair?

He's on £140k a week so that might be difficult

Difficult to compare downing to young. Downing was coming off a brilliant season with West Ham. Young seems to have barely played any football for ages.

The foreign loan wouldn't be a "big" name.

That's a shame was looking forward to watching Ronaldo at the Riverside

If i was going to make a jibe i would've went with something like...

"That's a shame was looking forward to watching Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink at the Riverside."

Winger who contributes defensively and Karanka has worked with, AK has a relationship with his parent club and is a former teammate of his manager. Bonus points for his agent Jorge Mendes having ties with our club and is able to cover full back whilst George is out.....

Fabio Coentrao anyone?

I don't care if it's a big name or not, just has to have something about him.

Hopefully we're still in with a chance of getting young on loan but it doesn't seem that way.

So you would be happy with someone like Enzo Zidane until the end of season? We have enough projects in our squad already as it is. We need something, someone proven. Enzo Zidane or someone like him from the foreign picture would make absolutely no difference at all, they would need 5 or 6 games to just get up to speed. With less than two days to go the best we would be able to get is a youngster on the fringes of their respective team. Not good enough.

What's enzo zidane got to do with anything?

There are plenty of proven players who aren't 'big names'.

I don't care if it's a big name or not, just has to have something about him.

Hopefully we're still in with a chance of getting young on loan but it doesn't seem that way.

So you would be happy with someone like Enzo Zidane until the end of season? We have enough projects in our squad already as it is. We need something, someone proven. Enzo Zidane or someone like him from the foreign picture would make absolutely no difference at all, they would need 5 or 6 games to just get up to speed. With less than two days to go the best we would be able to get is a youngster on the fringes of their respective team. Not good enough.

I know you're frustrated KM, but that's a complete straw man argument. Nobody has suggested Enzo, that's a name you've just plucked out. I could just as easily say this applies to Cerci or someone like that.

The foreign loan wouldn't be a "big" name.n

"That's a shame was looking forward to watching Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink at the Riverside."

No jibe bud just banter on the big name loan

The foreign loan wouldn't be a "big" name.n

No jibe bud just banter on the big name loan

It looks like we will be after the likes of Craig Short, Glen Little, Chris Smalling and Peter Crouch then.

One thing I personally took from the press conference is that we need to be ready for no more signings to be made.

AK gave them a list in December (whether it was positions/names/both) and we still don't have anyone other than Bamford-who will have been down as a squad player based on so many outgoings.

AK looked so frustated with no hint of any good news on the horizon. He knows he's not going to have a stronger squad than he started the window with...if anything it's weaker because Ramirez doesn't want to be here and attitude and commitment plays a big part.

Throw in Chambers and Friend being injured we're not in a good place for tomorrow night.

Other than that we're going to be fine :D

Players are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. I still feel if we'd have offered 2m to PSG then they would have rejected all of las palmas offers out of hand.

I know we had an offer accepted. But there's a difference between being accepted and blowing las palmas out of the running. The power was always with PSG and boro to an extent but we ***ed it

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

As I said in an earlier post I doubt there are many suitable players available in Jan so we try to get the players available that interest us if we can't why get players we don't really want ok we can get the proverbial project. But why spend 5-10 million on a player that we don't think is a patch on the guys we wanted

Well, it might seem like I'm clutching at straws, and it could be that everything will change in a few minutes but, as we speak, it seems that Jesé has still not officially signed for Las Palmas. Could it be that Las Palmas will screw it all up at the final hurdle? No mention of it on L'Équipe or the Las Palmas website.

Players are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. I still feel if we'd have offered 2m to PSG then they would have rejected all of las palmas offers out of hand.

I know we had an offer accepted. But there's a difference between being accepted and blowing las palmas out of the running. The power was always with PSG and boro to an extent but we *** it

PSG had already set out their minimum requirements to Las palmas and didn't move the goal posts even though our offer was much better - therefore accepted. Las palmas continued to improve their offer until it was acceptable to them as the player was clear on his preference.