oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Mahmood dahoud anyone. Munchengladbach have apparently said he's available for 8.5 mill. Reported Liverpool target

Isn't he a central midfielder? He's very highly rated so I'd take him but doesn't really address our issues.

I don't know much about him tbh buy wiki seems to think he's an attacking midfielder. 6 goals in 41 games doesn't suggest so much buy if he's creative enough, seems a bargain at the prices banded around for some players. Should be the kind of guy we just offer them half a mill more than the asking price as long as they keep it quiet

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for us to raid the Bundesliga a bit more.

Same. We were told by Gill in a gazette interview that the club saw the Bundesliga as the closest league in terms of physicality to the premier league, so why haven't we looked there at all?

Because it's all a lie. We've been told we have links with all these European clubs and we have an impressive database of players yet we never see it in practice. Guzan, Gestede, Barragan, De Pena, Espinosa...what was the strategy behind these transfers.

Everyone seems to be blaming Orta but what about Gary Gill and Neil Bausor? They are in charge of getting the deals done, not Orta, this is where we have ***ed up window after window. We have been shockingly embarrassing for a number of windows now.

Same. We were told by Gill in a gazette interview that the club saw the Bundesliga as the closest league in terms of physicality to the premier league, so why haven't we looked there at all?

Because it's all a lie. We've been told we have links with all these European clubs and we have an impressive database of players yet we never see it in practice. Guzan, Gestede, Barragan, De Pena, Espinosa...what was the strategy behind these transfers.

Everyone seems to be blaming Orta but what about Gary Gill and Neil Bausor? They are in charge of getting the deals done, not Orta, this is where we have *** up window after window. We have been shockingly embarrassing for a number of windows now.

[video=youtube]

What's wrong with Espinosa? He's made a few mistakes but he's so been pretty good and made some good last minute tackles. Same with Barragan.

He was poor against West Ham, shaky against Watford.  Looks fairly ordinary to me so far but then he was brought in as back up so what would we expect and he hasn't played that much really.

Everyone seems to be blaming Orta but what about Gary Gill and Neil Bausor? They are in charge of getting the deals done, not Orta, this is where we have *** up window after window. We have been shockingly embarrassing for a number of windows now.

Rubbish. In the Summer we managed Negredo, Traore, Valdes, Chambers, Gaston on a permanent (despite all the hurdles they had to negotiate there)

This time last year we signed Gaston, De Laet and Rhodes. 

In the summer before that we signed Downing, Nugent and Stuani

The January before that we signed Forshaw.

Hardly embarrassing, all of those players had major roles to play or are playing a major role right now, please don't go back to KM of old.

What's wrong with Espinosa? He's made a few mistakes but he's so been pretty good and made some good last minute tackles. Same with Barragan.

He was poor against West Ham, shaky against Watford.  Looks fairly ordinary to me so far but then he was brought in as back up so what would we expect and he hasn't played that much really.

He came in injured and is still adjusting to a completely different type of football than he's used to. He's not been too shabby considering. Rather have him there than some of the other CB's in the league.

Plus Gestede has literally just signed and he's being written off already, and Barragan has done a decent job in 3 positions.

The only one he really has a point with is De Pena, and he was obviously a low risk project that didn;t work out, as has happened countless times before.

Plus Gestede has literally just signed and he's being written off already, and Barragan has done a decent job in 3 positions.

The only one he really has a point with is De Pena, and he was obviously a low risk project that didn;t work out, as has happened countless times before.

He was basically modern Marinelli

Honestly feel sorry for Karanka this window, the club have failed to get the players he wanted for whatever reason and in his own words the signings we've made haven't improved the squad. It looks like the Karanka our brigade is only going to get bigger :(

Well £2m plus in the Championship isn't low risk.  But anyway yet another 'low risk' signing and people still don't seem to understand that the risk is that you sign a poor player that can't help you and then you're left scrambling around looking for something better.  A bit like we are now funnily enough.

Can I just clear something up, are you saying that the only bad signing we've made is de Pena?

Well £2m plus in the Championship isn't low risk.  But anyway yet another 'low risk' signing and people still don't seem to understand that the risk is that you sign a poor player that can't help you and then you're left scrambling around looking for something better.  A bit like we are now funnily enough.

Can I just clear something up, are you saying that the only bad signing we've made is de Pena?

No, I'm not saying that. My argument was against KM saying that they players we've signed have had no strategy behind them, which they clearly do.