oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I think it's pretty clear that both Gestede and Bamford were not discussed as potential targets by AK 6 weeks ago, I do not believe by what AK has said that they are who or what he wanted which is really disappointing, and AK has referred to Gestede as a player who couldn't get into a championship side just like me and others have said on this forum which just strengthens the fact that AK didn't want him

The same Gestede who Karanka said last week was his number one target this month??

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I nearly stopped reading after I read "Attacked his own fans" which was a clear indication of how the rest of the interview was to be interpreted.  I don't see what he's said wrong.

Gestede was playing in the championship........ True

Paddy not played in 18 months so not quite the same player yet...... True

The rest is his frustration of not landing his targets. And we all feel like like

*** journalism IMO (even the picture is depicting him in a negative/stressed way)

he has assembled the squad as it it,so hes to blame if he feels we dont have enough quality up front,,,,,if he asked me at start of season i could have told him that.he needs to accept some of the blame,im beginning to think the big boss is losing patience with karanka and this maybe why we havent got the players he wants in,personally i feel him will be gone at the seasons end whichever division we are in.well see!!!

I agree with Teacider, I don't disagree with what he's saying. We're all frustrated about the lack of incomings and the fact that we haven't strengthened.

I just think we need a bit of unity at present to keep us in the league, and like it or not in the space of two weeks he's had a pop at the fans, and now the higher ups. Whether it's justified or not is obviously up for debate, I just hope his comments do galvanise the players in these final months (im guessing this his intention) instead of backfiring.

I don't like him? Interesting assumption. I think he underachieves. There's a difference.

Anyway I'll tell you what's wrong with it:

1. Rank bad man management. How can his squad think he has 100% faith in them when he's asked if his current squad are good enough to get through the season he comments like, "with this group of players all I can do is trust and believe."

2. Dismissing new signings. He told the TV cameras the team hasn't been improved.What must Gestede and Bamford think hearing those comments?

3. Further divisive comments. Strength in unity. Slamming your chairman, CEO, scouts in the media is hardly conducive to a healthy working environment. He's been given more support than he's deserved at times during his tenure and to take a swipe at the very people who have had his back from day one leaves a bitter taste.

4. Loss of control. A press conference like that demonstrates a lack of control. What positive is there to take from it? Are the back room staff going to put more effort in? No of course they're not. Are the players going to feel empowered going on to West Brown after these comments? Bit particularly. The comments served no purpose other than to vent his frustrations.

His job is to manage and get the best out his own squad of players not absolve him self of blame at any opportunity.

Agree with prowler. I know you don't like him Humpty, but I'm not sure which bits of what he said were wrong?

For me it's not that he's wrong. It's that he shouldn't be saying some of these things in public. He has to motivate the group of players we have and saying he doesn't know if they are good enough is either a deliberate attempt to motivate or a thoughtless answer that could massively backfire

Had AK not come out and said these things, the fans would be on his back and his back alone at the lack of in comings and poor results. 

Now that he has, people are on his back for being truthful. What is the guy supposed to do? Just take the hit regardless?

I think that's a brilliant interview and agree with every word.

Wether it's right or wrong to say it I don't see how any of the fans can complain about what he's said because it's exactly what we've been saying anyway!

One thing I love to see in football is a bit of honesty so well done karanka!

+1 For this message!

This could be either one of the greatest days in our history or one of the darkest days, certainly a day thats gonna decide whether we stay up or go down at the end of the season. Imagine if we beat West Brom today and bring in a really good promising winger in the transfer window this forum would be bouncing by tomorrow morning. Now imagine the opposite happens get beat by West Brom and Gaston goes out the door people on here would be close to suicidal. Go to say im nervously excited to see what happens today lets hope its a positive outcome and not a negative one. UTB

View from inside press conference as Karanka airs window woes

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/karankas-recruitment-frustration-view-inside-12529886#ICID=ios_GazetteLiveNewApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Gazette's view on the press conference. Apparently that was the press conference for the West Brom game!

Shame the press didn't ask questions about the game...

If I was AK id be a bit ***ed 4 players he identified and didn't get one of them its not he's fault so people should get of he's back. The media and some fans really boil my *** they make things seem a lot worse than they are.

I don't like him? Interesting assumption. I think he underachieves. There's a difference.

1. Rank bad man management. How can his squad think he has 100% faith in them when he's asked if his current squad are good enough to get through the season he comments like, "with this group of players all I can do is trust and believe."

2. Dismissing new signings. He told the TV cameras the team hasn't been improved.What must Gestede and Bamford think hearing those comments?

3. Further divisive comments. Strength in unity. Slamming your chairman, CEO, scouts in the media is hardly conducive to a healthy working environment. He's been given more support than he's deserved at times during his tenure and to take a swipe at the very people who have had his back from day one leaves a bitter taste.

4. Loss of control. A press conference like that demonstrates a lack of control. What positive is there to take from it? Are the back room staff going to put more effort in? No of course they're not. Are the players going to feel empowered going on to West Brown after these comments? Bit particularly. The comments served no purpose other than to vent his frustrations.

How to took all that from his interview say you don't like him to me. As you've managed to interpret it in the most negative and sensationalist way possible

It was by no means a great interview but all I took from it was he's frustrated as hell and prefer to concentrate on tonight's game. But that's maybe because I like the guy.

I certainly didn't see or hearing him 'slamming' anyone and I thought he explained why Paddy and Gestede aren't quite there yet.

As for the back room staff I'm not sure what work environment you have but with me, we have fall outs all the time but are professional and still do our jobs the best we can at all times not just down tools when someone says something we don't like

People are saying it's *** journalism and journalism with an agenda etc. But AK has given them an opportunity to twist his words. He shouldn't be spouting off about certain things, if he doesn't then he removes any opportunity for them to present his words in a certain way. Professionalism is massively lacking with him imo.

His job is to manage and get the best out his own squad of players not absolve him self of blame at any opportunity.

This is pretty much what I was saying yesterday so I agree 100%.

I'd rather Karanka put on a brave face and said he's got the players to keep us up, what message is he sending to his squad and the fans at the moment?

All the negativity at the moment has been created by Karanka, he's lost some of the fans after last weeks comments and he might have lost the players after these most recent comments. None of it was needed either.

I think either:

a) he speaks without thinking and his emotions come out rather than calculated messages.

b) he just isn't very bright.

Or

c) he is making excuses ready for when things go wrong and doesn't want to take any responsibility when they do.

How to took all that from his interview say you don't like him to me. As you've managed to interpret it in the most negative and sensationalist way possible

It was by no means a great interview but all I took from it was he's frustrated as hell and prefer to concentrate on tonight's game. But that's maybe because I like the guy.

I certainly didn't see or hearing him 'slamming' anyone and I thought he explained why Paddy and Gestede aren't quite there yet.

As for the back room staff I'm not sure what work environment you have but with me, we have fall outs all the time but are professional and still do our jobs the best we can at all times not just down tools when someone says something we don't like

Have you watched the Gazette video regarding their views on the press conference? Have watch and let me know if you think they dislike Karanka too.