oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

We should sell Ramirez today, how can we trust he'll put his head down in the relegation fight to come?

There isn't a positive take on the window so far because of Ramirez, every 'Nugent gone and Gestede/Bamford in we're stronger' post fails to take into account our playmaker has had his head turned by Leicester and has spent the month agitating for the move there's no spin that says to me losing Ramirez's head without replacing him in our squad has left us stronger than the start of the month.

He is our most creative player in a team severely lacking in creativity. If there's a 1% chance of him getting his head down and doing some good, I'd absolutely say keep him.

He isn't good enough and had a good enough career to sulk for half a season. 

He's had 1 good year out of the last 5!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same I'd keep Ramirez, get him working hard and motivated back in training for a couple of weeks then ease him back into squad.

Similar situation with Adomah last year, and he ended up helping us getting promoted last year regardless of your opinion of him.

Speaking of which... would he have done a job if he was still here on the right? *Tin hat on*

We should sell Ramirez today, how can we trust he'll put his head down in the relegation fight to come?

There isn't a positive take on the window so far because of Ramirez, every 'Nugent gone and Gestede/Bamford in we're stronger' post fails to take into account our playmaker has had his head turned by Leicester and has spent the month agitating for the move there's no spin that says to me losing Ramirez's head without replacing him in our squad has left us stronger than the start of the month.

He is our most creative player in a team severely lacking in creativity. If there's a 1% chance of him getting his head down and doing some good, I'd absolutely say keep him.

He isn't good enough and had a good enough career to sulk for half a season. 

He's had 1 good year out of the last 5!

He hasn't had a great season by any means this year, none of our attackers have really. But at least when you compare him to Downing and Fischer this season on that left-hand side, he's actually contributed.

We're clutching at straws today to find a creative player. What's the point in selling the only one currently at the club who remotely fits that criteria?

I'm still in favour in selling Ramirez. Yes, it means we're weaker at the end of the window then when we started it. But he clearly doesn't want to be here, so we're not going to be able to get the best out of him. Add to that he is a player (alongside one or two others) who could bring in a decent influx of cash. Granted, it's getting a bit late to reinvest that! Some short term loans (or a surprise or two) through to the end of the season should (at a stretch) give us enough to survive, and if we don't spend today then we can invest heavily in the summer. Hopefully.

Fee+ ulloa for Ramirez? Ulloa just wants to be playing.

Don't know much about him but seems to be sensible option under the Circs.

Don't see how Ulloa would fit in our team. Strikers arent the issue at the moment, the creativity however is.

Albrighton or Gray from Leicester would be solid additions if they want Ramirez. Straight swap for Gray or Albrighton plus some cash for Gaston should be ok.

Albrighton or Gray from Leicester would be solid additions if they want Ramirez. Straight swap for Gray or Albrighton plus some cash for Gaston should be ok.

Our fans would hate Albrighton. Decent winger, but really solid defensively. Can see another Adam Reach situation.

Ramirez would be shooting himself in the foot if he doesn't knuckle down for us. If he doesn't he'll be showcasing himself as a bad player or as someone who doesn't get played. Who'd take him from us? A championship team probably. But with his apparent ego I doubt he'd want to drop down, which is funny given that's where we'll be with Boro if he doesn't knock himself back down to reality.

If he really does want to leave surely his best chance is to prove he's a player worth having. If he works hard for the rest of the season, he can help keep us up and another PL team would certainly take him. Whereas if he leaves now, he'll probably go to Leicester who are just as likely to go down as us at the moment.