oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Why is your mam giving you money to go out with Brunners?

Because my Mam still loves me CT.

Or she just wants you to *** off?  :-/

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point but I'd respond saying people way more qualified than us have also forced us to be clambering for any old player. I very much doubt Tom Ince was on any list associated with players we actually feel would improve us as much as we need to be improved.

Ignore my comment, I don't want Ince either, was just getting at Will for being a massive hypocrite hence the smileys.

I do wonder though how there can be so much positive for Brady and then so much hate for Ince even though Ince's record this season is waaaay better.

He's not a hypocrite.

Using that argument to justify bringing in Jese Rodriguez is a little different to justifying bringing in Tom Ince.

Eh? who was talking about Jese? You obviously have no idea what I was talking about.

Wouldn't worry about it too much Dan, Brunners is just massively up Will's ***

Unfortunately Will is one of only a few posters on here that actually talk sense most of the time. That number is sadly dwindling at a rapid pace.

So yes, if having the same view point as him on a lot of things makes me up his *** then so be it :)

If Jay Rodriguez moves today and we haven't at least enquired, we've dropped a massive b*llock.

Just a point of order. Can people stop saying 'X would be a huge disappointment after being linked with Jese and Bojan'?

For one reason or another, Jese and Bojan aren't here. Whoever we bring in deserves better than being compared with players who don't play for us and never have. It's like saying 'finding a fiver is pretty disappointing after I could have found a £50 note'

Not a great analogy.

It's more like being told by your mam that she's looking into acquiring a £50 note for you, then at various points through the week being told you're getting close to having that 50, then in a panic right before you're going out she gives you a ripped fiver and a couple rusty pennies.

Haha  :D

Aye could be, once she paid me to not go on holiday with my family :D

If Jay Rodriguez moves today and we haven't at least enquired, we've dropped a massive b*llock.

Just a point of order. Can people stop saying 'X would be a huge disappointment after being linked with Jese and Bojan'?

For one reason or another, Jese and Bojan aren't here. Whoever we bring in deserves better than being compared with players who don't play for us and never have. It's like saying 'finding a fiver is pretty disappointing after I could have found a £50 note'

I heard that Sunderland had a 12mil bid rejected for Rodriguez. I don't know a lot about him. Is he worth more than that?

I disagree with your comparison though. It's more like saying 'going into greggs and getting that last, cold sausage roll is disappointing because you weren't quick enough to get a nice hot one.' Really disappointing!

Guedioura has shades of our signing of Jason Euell. Pointless appeasement signing. If we're stupid and desperate I can see him landing a 40K a week, 4 year contract that'll be a noose around our Championship neck.

I feel for Gibson , in his mind he has done the right thing with Victor Orta, and building the close ties with Jorge Mendes & Peter Kenyon, but from an outsider they're literally stealing from the club, as they have delivered the square root of nothing in return.

Guedioura smacks of the agent phoning about with his availability and we've bit. Jesé, Bojan & Del-boy were all Karanka's suggestions , so what list of players are these guys generating ??

Gibson must surely be saying to Gill , Orta , Mendes & Kenyon that we are desperate for a winger and our prem survival could count on it , yet they deliver nothing. Unfortunately Gibson has aligned with the wrong people , and we'll pay the price .

I'm a season ticket holder , and the football this season has been painful to watch, even my limited football brain could see that we are 1 or 2 quality creative players away from being a good team. I had hoped this would be addressed in Jan. All I can see for us now is a slow toothless whimper into the bottom 3 . I didn't really want to add to the doom and gloom , but I feel so dejected.

Aye could be, once she paid me to not go on holiday with my family :D

:D It's hard to know what to think about that.

I heard that Sunderland had a 12mil bid rejected for Rodriguez. I don't know a lot about him. Is he worth more than that?

I disagree with your comparison though. It's more like saying 'going into greggs and getting that last, cold sausage roll is disappointing because you weren't quick enough to get a nice hot one.' Really disappointing!

awesome analogy :D

I want a greggs now ?

Guedioura has shades of our signing of Jason Euell.  Pointless appeasement signing. If we're stupid and desperate I can see him landing a 40K a week, 4 year contract that'll be a noose around our Championship neck.

I feel for Gibson , in his mind he has done the right thing with Victor Orta, and building the close ties with Jorge Mendes & Peter Kenyon, but from an outsider they're literally stealing from the club, as they have delivered the square root of nothing in return.

Guedioura smacks of the agent phoning about with his availability and we've bit. Jesé, Bojan & Del-boy were all Karanka's suggestions , so what list of players are these guys generating ??

Gibson must surely be saying to Gill , Orta , Mendes & Kenyon that we are desperate for a winger and our prem survival could count on it , yet they deliver nothing.  Unfortunately Gibson has aligned with the wrong people , and we'll pay the price .

I'm a season ticket holder , and the football this season has been painful to watch,  even my limited football brain could see that we are 1 or 2 quality creative players away from being a good team. I had hoped this would be addressed in Jan. All I can see for us now is a slow toothless whimper into the bottom 3 .  I didn't really want to add to the doom and gloom , but I feel so dejected.

That is a superb post, sir.

Ignore my comment, I don't want Ince either, was just getting at Will for being a massive hypocrite hence the smileys.

I do wonder though how there can be so much positive for Brady and then so much hate for Ince even though Ince's record this season is waaaay better.

He's not a hypocrite.

Using that argument to justify bringing in Jese Rodriguez is a little different to justifying bringing in Tom Ince.

Eh? who was talking about Jese? You obviously have no idea what I was talking about.

Unfortunately Will is one of only a few posters on here that actually talk sense most of the time. That number is sadly dwindling at a rapid pace.

So yes, if having the same view point as him on a lot of things makes me up his *** then so be it :)

Don't worry mate, i'm still here.

*fist bump*

He's not a hypocrite.

Don't worry mate, i'm still here.

*fist bump*

<3

Jay Rodriguez is definitely someone we should be after. If we aren't and Guedioura is the standard we're looking at it's shocking.

Either Gibson & co have more belief in us staying up than our manager or they're not willing to stump up money.