oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Eh? who was talking about Jese? You obviously have no idea what I was talking about.

Wouldn't worry about it too much Dan, Brunners is just massively up Will's ***

Unfortunately Will is one of only a few posters on here that actually talk sense most of the time. That number is sadly dwindling at a rapid pace.

So yes, if having the same view point as him on a lot of things makes me up his *** then so be it :)

Don't worry mate, i'm still here.

*fist bump*

<3

Premier inn lads...

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jay Rodriguez moves today and we haven't at least enquired, we've dropped a massive b*llock.

Just a point of order. Can people stop saying 'X would be a huge disappointment after being linked with Jese and Bojan'?

For one reason or another, Jese and Bojan aren't here. Whoever we bring in deserves better than being compared with players who don't play for us and never have. It's like saying 'finding a fiver is pretty disappointing after I could have found a £50 note'

Not a great analogy.

It's more like being told by your mam that she's looking into acquiring a £50 note for you, then at various points through the week being told you're getting close to having that 50, then in a panic right before you're going out she gives you a ripped fiver and a couple rusty pennies.

Yes but you would still be better off than you were at the start of the week!

Guedioura has shades of our signing of Jason Euell.  Pointless appeasement signing. If we're stupid and desperate I can see him landing a 40K a week, 4 year contract that'll be a noose around our Championship neck.

I feel for Gibson , in his mind he has done the right thing with Victor Orta, and building the close ties with Jorge Mendes & Peter Kenyon, but from an outsider they're literally stealing from the club, as they have delivered the square root of nothing in return.

Guedioura smacks of the agent phoning about with his availability and we've bit. Jesé, Bojan & Del-boy were all Karanka's suggestions , so what list of players are these guys generating ??

Gibson must surely be saying to Gill , Orta , Mendes & Kenyon that we are desperate for a winger and our prem survival could count on it , yet they deliver nothing.  Unfortunately Gibson has aligned with the wrong people , and we'll pay the price .

I'm a season ticket holder , and the football this season has been painful to watch,  even my limited football brain could see that we are 1 or 2 quality creative players away from being a good team. I had hoped this would be addressed in Jan. All I can see for us now is a slow toothless whimper into the bottom 3 .  I didn't really want to add to the doom and gloom , but I feel so dejected.

That is a superb post, sir.

was just about to post the same comment

You're only better off if the incoming player improves you regardless of the daft analogies.

Agreed. But I don't think Guedioura or Ince would improve us. Like I mentioned, I don't know much about Rodriguez, but a lot of you folks rate him, so I suppose he could improve the team.

Was there any truth to the Muniain link, or was that just hope?

I take it with Ramirez being "injured" all hopes of a medical and passing elsewhere are out of the window?

I think he could pass a medical if it gets to that stage.

You're only better off if the incoming player improves you regardless of the daft analogies.

Agreed. But I don't think Guedioura or Ince would improve us. Like I mentioned, I don't know much about Rodriguez, but a lot of you folks rate him, so I suppose he could improve the team.

Was there any truth to the Muniain link, or was that just hope?

I think it was hope mate.  Just people putting names out there.

I take it with Ramirez being "injured" all hopes of a medical and passing elsewhere are out of the window?

No. As I said yesterday, injured players pass medicals all the time. Medical tests take into account long term conditions and potential future risks, not how the player is currently doing.

Yes but as of now we have replaced Nugent , De Sart and De Pena with Gestede and Bamford so in no way does that weaken us either

Still hoping for the last minute announcement that Jose wants us to give Martial a game but if not then I think the rest of this window is as much about keeping what we have as anything else.

@SkySports_Keith

Sunderland's third bid of £7.5m for Leonardo Ulloa has been REJECTED by Leicester. We understand that's Sunderland's third and final offer.

Ok can see it swap deal with Ramirez plus cash!

@SkySports_Keith

Sunderland's third bid of £7.5m for Leonardo Ulloa has been REJECTED by Leicester. We understand that's Sunderland's third and final offer.

Could mean they put in another bid for Rodriguez?

Is he injured or unavailable?

I think Lurker said a while back that he is actually injured. Might be wrong on that though. Can't see him going anywhere at this stage.