oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I'm very concerned that there hasn't been any news about us being in talks over any wingers. I'm struggling to see any meaningful logic in signing a slightly above average Championship player like Gueudiora

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You're only better off if the incoming player improves you regardless of the daft analogies.

Yes but as of now we have replaced Nugent , De Sart and De Pena with Gestede and Bamford so in no way does that weaken us either

Still hoping for the last minute announcement that Jose wants us to give Martial a game but if not then I think the rest of this window is as much about keeping what we have as anything else.

Yeah but it doesn't strengthen us either, which is really all we're talking about isn't it?

I can't believe that we're really looking at the likes of Guedioura without having something much better in the pipeline.

Would most people agree that it is too late in the day to expect a winger from Europe joining in time?

I think we could get someone in on loan certainly, maybe even a permanent but perhaps more likely a loan with a view to a permanent.

Would most people agree that it is too late in the day to expect a winger from Europe joining in time?

Not really, when you think how late signings like kei kamara and lee tomlin were left, its DD, anything can happen!!

Would love a half time reveal tonight... a quality player who galvanises the fans and the team for the remainder of the season.... perfect oppurtunity for all at the club to come together... sadly I think we are past that stage.

Any half decent signing we get in now will go right to the wire.

You're only better off if the incoming player improves you regardless of the daft analogies.

Agreed. But I don't think Guedioura or Ince would improve us. Like I mentioned, I don't know much about Rodriguez, but a lot of you folks rate him, so I suppose he could improve the team.

Was there any truth to the Muniain link, or was that just hope?

I think it was hope mate.  Just people putting names out there.

Yeah it was just hope as our scouts watched them at the weekend.

We could still manage France, Belgium, Holland and maybe northern Germany

We've signed a Uruguayan closer to deadline last season so anything is possible. Medical doesn't have to be in Middlesbrough and sending contracts with through the internet i super duper fast these days. But if there was anything on the horizon it would likely be out in the open by now.