oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Would most people agree that it is too late in the day to expect a winger from Europe joining in time?

We'd try and do a medical elsewhere, deadline effectively goes until 1am if a deal sheet is sent in before 11pm.

Would be a quick medical and possible gamble.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Would most people agree that it is too late in the day to expect a winger from Europe joining in time?

I think we could get someone in on loan certainly, maybe even a permanent but perhaps more likely a loan with a view to a permanent.

When you consider that de Pena had his medical in Brazil, I think there are always measures to ensure that it gets done.

But yeah, at this stage, I doubt the formalities of a permanent transfer from abroad could be completed

Not really, when you think how late signings like kei kamara and lee tomlin were left, its DD, anything can happen!!

Good to see you posting again Chimpy even if you were drawing our attention elsewhere :)

Looking at Boro's midfield we are absolutely crying out for a bit of power in there, and somebody who will have a shot. In Guediora I think we get some power and strength, there's only De Roon with any height but our midfield needs some strength. Pretty sure he will be Leadbitters long(ish) term replacement as his contract is out in the summer.

You're only better off if the incoming player improves you regardless of the daft analogies.

Agreed. But I don't think Guedioura or Ince would improve us. Like I mentioned, I don't know much about Rodriguez, but a lot of you folks rate him, so I suppose he could improve the team.

Was there any truth to the Muniain link, or was that just hope?

I think it was hope mate.  Just people putting names out there.

Yeah it was just hope as our scouts watched them at the weekend.

Your contact still on annual leave mate?

i dont exactly agree with the general agreement that what were desperate for is wingers as such. IMO what were massively lacking , and i definately agree its in the AM area, is someone that is willing to run at the opposition defenders  from midfield , with an end product ,beit assisting or scoring. a finished product of Adama if you like . Ince has this ability but he hides in physical or tough games rather have Russell from Derby tbh.  

Guediora is throwing money away due to his age and lack of potential to address our weak areas.

Not really, when you think how late signings like kei kamara and lee tomlin were left, its DD, anything can happen!!

Good to see you posting again Chimpy even if you were drawing our attention elsewhere :)

*shrugs*

Thanks :D distracted all the negativity for a short while lol

You're only better off if the incoming player improves you regardless of the daft analogies.

Agreed. But I don't think Guedioura or Ince would improve us. Like I mentioned, I don't know much about Rodriguez, but a lot of you folks rate him, so I suppose he could improve the team.

Yep, blaming him for it all.

I think we could get someone in on loan certainly, maybe even a permanent but perhaps more likely a loan with a view to a permanent.

This is best case at this moment in time. An attacking player to excite the fans [as plastic as that might be, it would be nice], one we can offload in a few months time if he comes up short, but also a player we can buy in the summer if proves to be a success.

And maybe a short term loan for a PL fringe forward who can chip in with a couple of important goals/assists to keep our heads above water.

But someone like Tom Ince. Adlene Guedioura. Jack Grealish. Absolutely pointless. Overloading our squad with average players is something we should actively look to avoid. We're not lacking numbers and offloading some of our fringe players is about one of the only things that has gone to plan so far this window. If I'm honest I have one eye on grinding our way to survival and then some heavy reinvestment in the next window (quality not quantity).

Another question, over the last recent years particularly just before and after AK's appointment have any of our deadline day signings lasted the course and panned out?

I am struggling to think of anyone but I could be wrong

Yep, blaming him for it all.

Didn't Humpty say Neil Bausor is on A/L? He's your contact isn't he? :D

But someone like Tom Ince. Adlene Guedioura. Jack Grealish. Absolutely pointless. Overloading our squad with average players is something we should actively look to avoid. 

This has what has bugged me about the summer transfer window and now this one because I think that is exactly what we've done. There is obviously some thinking to it but I just can't understand what it is.