oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Sorry to go off topic, but Kirsty Gallacher is fit as ***.... wish it was her on the vid earlier :(

later on it'll be Kate Abdo though - a genuine worldy - shame I'm at the match - mighth have to record it!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So in conclusion we have as CT mentioned not got a good track record with our signings. In fact I would say it was terrible and does not bode well for the rest of the day!

That's a bit misleading, as we have improved year on year in terms of position. If we hadn't been promoted, I'm sure Nugent, Nsue, Adomah etc would still be here.

It's not really when you consider that there are more players here from before Karanka joined us than have been here from that first full season.  In fact even looking at it since the season after that, there are still more here from before he became our manager.  Only Stuani and Downing are still here from the summer before last and one of those I think we'd be happy to get rid of if we could.  It's a pretty poor record if you think about it.  A heck of a lot of players come and go here very quickly.

I was thinking about Karanka's first summer window earlier. Very odd set of players. We already know Vossen wasn't his signing, while Clayton, Nsue, Damia & Kike were. Omeruo and Bamford obviously came on Mourinho's recommendation. So what about the likes of Husband? Widschut? How long have we had all these different factors dictating the makeup of our squad? I've always just assumed Karanka had the final word on transfers, but to be honest I haven't got a clue.

Sorry to go off topic, but Kirsty Gallacher is fit as ***.... wish it was her on the vid earlier :(

later on it'll be Kate Abdo though - a genuine worldy - shame I'm at the match - mighth have to record it!

Given the choice i'd rather ruin KG personally ;)

I have the same feeling now that I had at the same point under Southgate in the Premier league. While teams around us are trying we are not doing enough to try and stay up, Steve Gibsom gets all the praise when things are going well but if we go down again this season he's got to take some blame because our transfer policy hasn't been good enough so far.

Remember back in 2009 when a team 'panic bought' James Beattie and he scored about 7 goals keeping them up? Can't even remember who the team was now either,Southampton maybe?

This is the first time this season I've properly felt like we're preparing not just for the championship but without karanka aswell.

I now feel with all these apparent games going on that it's going to be to hard to carry on and he'll either walk in the next few days/weeks or mutual consent in summer. Either way this is his last season here I'm almost certain.

I have the same feeling now that I had at the same point under Southgate in the Premier league. While teams around us are trying we are not doing enough to try and stay up, Steve Gibsom gets all the praise when things are going well but if we go down again this season he's got to take some blame because our transfer policy hasn't been good enough so far.

Remember back in 2009 when a team 'panic bought' James Beattie and he scored about 7 goals keeping them up? Can't even remember who the team was now either,Southampton maybe?

This is the first time this season I've properly felt like we're preparing not just for the championship but without karanka aswell.

I now feel with all these apparent games going on that it's going to be to hard to carry on and he'll either walk in the next few days/weeks or mutual consent in summer. Either way this is his last season here I'm almost certain.

Stoke, according to wiki they only paid 3.5m for him, hardly a panic buy.

lol we wont sign anyone worthwhile or to improve the first team, said it weeks ago, all going to be disappointed.

Never even heard of this algerian player, no thanks.

Watford player, had a few good games when they got promoted.  Has started 12 games since.  In fact he's started fewer than 20 games in total in his four seasons in the Premier League.

Yes you are correct but as not a single deadline day signing is still here or has improved the team then what hope is there in the names currently being plucked from thin air?

I'm not sure what the relevance of when a player is signed has on how capable he is? Kike Sola was signed early in the window last winter and was cack, Rhodes and Ramirez signed right at the death and got us promoted.

Bit of a stretch to say they got us promoted.  We actually weren't much better after they signed, in fact we were worse actually although it wasn't down to them obviously.  Ramirez signed a week before the window closed I think?

It was about 4 days I think, but he was immediately on paternity leave, so only joined up once the window had closed. 

Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch, but we scored 26 goals after the window closed, and those two accounted for 13 (goals scored only, not including assists), so I think it's fair to say they played a huge part.

That's how much we are paying for guediora and he is apparently a 'huge panic buy'.

I do remember fans that season saying Beattie was *** and we shouldn't touch him with a barge pole etc, guess something's never change!

Yes you are correct but as not a single deadline day signing is still here or has improved the team then what hope is there in the names currently being plucked from thin air?

I'm not sure what the relevance of when a player is signed has on how capable he is? Kike Sola was signed early in the window last winter and was cack, Rhodes and Ramirez signed right at the death and got us promoted.

Bit of a stretch to say they got us promoted.  We actually weren't much better after they signed, in fact we were worse actually although it wasn't down to them obviously.  Ramirez signed a week before the window closed I think?

It was about 4 days I think, but he was immediately on paternity leave, so only joined up once the window had closed. 

Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch, but we scored 26 goals after the window closed, and those two accounted for 13 (goals scored only, not including assists), so I think it's fair to say they played a huge part.

Thus indicating that maybe we should have used Rhodes more this season :shy:

That's how much we are paying for guediora and he is apparently a 'huge panic buy'.

I do remember fans that season saying Beattie was *** and we shouldn't touch him with a barge pole etc, guess something's never change!

Fair point, but there's panic buys and needless buys, why not just get de sart back from Derby??

Thus indicating that maybe we should have used Rhodes more this season :shy:

I think Gibson is just avoiding paying anything over £10m now, maybe we aren't 'safe' enough at this point of the season for him to risk it.

Not sure how I feel about it I mean at least with someone like jay Rodriguez we'd get our money back.

A loan then? There has to be something happening though, doesn't there? DOESN'T THERE?

wasn't it not that long ago that the only worries on deadline day or the transfer window that we had were not about getting players to come here, but that we feared  our best players going?