• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What would that achieve? Guediora is at least experienced and shown he can do the odd thing in the premiership. Plus he's better than any of our cm were in the championship so it's even a slight improvement on the team.

Some people need to seriously re evaluate their perceived level of our team. I've seen people saying Young, Lennon, cleverly, carrick, Fabio etc are '***' yet every single one of those players are better than what we have and would walk into our team.

I wish people would just get real sometimes instead of putting so much pressure on the club because of their in realistic expectations.

Put it like this fans of other teams will see us on a par with Hull and Swansea and that is exactly our current level. If people could understand that the whole environment around the fans would be so much better.

Oh give it a *** rest mate.  Nobody needs to re-evaluate their perceived level of our team because they think signing someone like him isn't much to write home about. Guedioura had a few good games two years ago in the Championship.  Have a look at this Premier League record in his entire career - I actually made a mistake earlier, he's started about 30 games in 7 seasons in the Premier League not 20 in 4!  We get it, you saw him play quite well for Watford when we were all going for promotion so now he's better than all our players  :rolleyes:

We're a Premier League team and you want us to be happy with Championship calibre players.  Why don't you re-evaluate your perceived level of our team and try and remember what division we actually play in right now.

Jesus Christ talk about missing the point, why focus on guediora and totally ignore the other players I mentioned?

No where not once have I said guediora is a good signing this window, but bringing up your championship theory, 2 of our 3 midfielders are championship and guediora is better than them. Some people just can't accept that.

The quicker you lower your expectations until we get some real quality players in the better.

Which 2?? Leadbitter and Clayton??

Because he's probably better than any of them. De roon I'm not sure about but when both teams were in the championship guediora would have walked into our midfield.

Why would he?  Cos he had a good spell?  His record even in the Championship isn't even that good. Decent at Forest and got a move to Palace, not good enough for them so ended up at Watford and now he's not good enough for them again essentially so they're happy to sell him.  He's played for average/below average Premier League teams (Wolves, Palace and Watford) and not played much at all. That tells you what you need to know about him.  So with respect, if people think he's not that good it's because that's exactly what his career to date suggests, it's nothing to do with expectations they have of the club.  We're a Premier League club and he probably isn't a Premier League player.

I know the window hasn't closed yet so I'm still prepared to be surprised by an unexpected signing.

However we have been led to believe by the club that the introduction of Orta and our links to Kenyon and Mendes would open doors to players that doesn't seem to have happened. People have said we are at least being linked to player like Jese, Bojan etc which we weren't before however being linked means we have made an enquiry or an offer which we can do with any player, the ability to get the deals over the line is surely why we have these contacts and have invested in the recruitment department.

During the summer we were told we have a long list of potential targets and if we couldn't get our top targets we still had invested time in looking at other players who could improve our squad, however it seems that our list of targets for January was much smaller and we spent a lot of time pursuing them rather than looking at other targets.

I thought in the summer the recruitment was okay and we had prepared ourselves for the Premiership however now we have had half a season with those signings I don't really feel we have addressed the areas we needed to improve in this window.

I still think we can stay up and that there a three worse teams than ourselves in the division but some better signings would have increased my confidence.

Hopefully it can be a lesson learned which we can improve on in future.

Because he's probably better than any of them. De roon I'm not sure about but when both teams were in the championship guediora would have walked into our midfield.

Why would he?  Cos he had a good spell?  His record even in the Championship isn't even that good. Decent at Forest and got a move to Palace, not good enough for them so ended up at Watford and now he's not good enough for them again essentially so they're happy to sell him.  He's played for average/below average Premier League teams (Wolves, Palace and Watford) and not played much at all. That tells you what you need to know about him.  So with respect, if people think he's not that good it's because that's exactly what his career to date suggests, it's nothing to do with expectations they have of the club.  We're a Premier League club and he probably isn't a Premier League player.

Exactly and the fact he'd probably improve our midfield tells you all you need to know about us.

Didn't Guediora boss the game at Vicarage Road in their promotion season?

I realise that was 2 years ago, in a different league and he's not played much football since then but still, there's an alright footballer in there.

I only think it's worth adding a CM if we're sticking with 4-3-3 but introducing a good attacking central midfielder to the trio. Sorry but AG both isn't good enough and risks disrupting the most effective part of our game which we are totally reliant on at the moment; our defensive solidity.

At least there was just about enough logic to the signings we have made this winter and the players we had been linked with.

Pointless. And very disappointing.

Jesus Christ talk about missing the point, why focus on guediora and totally ignore the other players I mentioned?

No where not once have I said guediora is a good signing this window, but bringing up your championship theory, 2 of our 3 midfielders are championship and guediora is better than them. Some people just can't accept that.

The quicker you lower your expectations until we get some real quality players in the better.

I haven't missed the point.  You're talking absolute ***e and you focused on Guedioura so why shouldn't I?

Guediora isn't better than them, you just think he is because you saw him play a few decent games two years ago.

My expectations are exactly right for where we are and where we're trying to go.

Forshaw, Clayton and leadbitter.

On the strength of what?? Forshaw has been one of our outstanding players this season, Clayton i'd class as very realiable, and leadbitter, just coming back from injury gives us an extra option with his ability to shoot from range, spread the play and put his foot in.

Sorry but im still failing to see how Guedioura would be an improvement to our squad, nevermind starting 11.