oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I might even become a secondary Wednesday fan, I really rate Rhodes and am gutted it didn't work here for him.

^^^ I'll certainly be watching his progress too, and hoping he does really well.

Yeah I said I'd watch all of Kike's games when he left, but you soon get over it, time is a great healer.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why oh why are we throwing away £4m on Geudiora?

It's one thing signing nobody because we couldn't get the right players in but I'd rather just save that £4m for the summer and spend it on buying someone worthwhile. It's not like Geudiora is going to make any difference as to what division we will be in.

Might as well just recall De Sart!

Bloody hell mate don't you start getting negative as well.  If you, Boro 86 and a few others cross over to the dark side we're all knackered.

Haha I'll still be as positive as I can about our chances of staying up this season.

I just don't see how throwing away £4m helps.

I can't see that it hurts though

It's £4m wasted that we could use to strengthen our team for next season in the summer. Admittedly £4m doesn't get you far these days but it could pay for a top loan players wages for a season, rather than having it rot in the reserves and never to be seen again.

It's one thing signing nobody because we couldn't get the right players in but I'd rather just save that £4m for the summer and spend it on buying someone worthwhile. It's not like Geudiora is going to make any difference as to what division we will be in.

Bloody hell mate don't you start getting negative as well.  If you, Boro 86 and a few others cross over to the dark side we're all knackered.

Haha I'll still be as positive as I can about our chances of staying up this season.

I just don't see how throwing away £4m helps.

I can't see that it hurts though

It's £4m wasted that we could use to strengthen our team for next season in the summer. Admittedly £4m doesn't get you far these days but it could pay for a top loan players wages for a season, rather than having it rot in the reserves and never to be seen again.

You think if we get relegated that Guedioura will be in the reserves?

^^^ :D :D :D

That made me chuckle. I've been thinking the same about some of the uber positive boys (and girls)!

Blimey, I take the whole month of January off work to follow the transfers and this is what happens. I shan't be doing that again ;)

Im planning on taking the whole summer off to do the same :)

Karanka is 8/11 to be the next manager to leave on SkyBet.

Again, purely down to the amount of money thrown on it, I bet.

Would you blame some of our fans and all the outsiders putting money on it right now? I personally don't think it will happen but there you go.

I might even become a secondary Wednesday fan, I really rate Rhodes and am gutted it didn't work here for him.

^^^ I'll certainly be watching his progress too, and hoping he does really well.

Yeah I said I'd watch all of Kike's games when he left, but you soon get over it, time is a great healer.

Very true Billy, you're probably right.... although I do still watch the Football League Show on Channel 5 every week, so it'll be much easier to follow JR's progress.

After all the dark days of the Championship, we finally get promoted and in January we re-sign Bamford and swap Rhodes for Gestede. Then there's some other fella coming so we can play four defensive central midfielders instead of three.

ARGGHHH!

We chased Rhodes for 1-2 years then didn't even give him a chance. We are a bit of a shambles really.

Let's look on the bright side bamford is a better player than Rhodes and once up to speed karanka will be more inclined to use him thus giving us earlier substitutions

It's time for traore to come good and be the player we need

Not sure what the new guy will bring ? But we will see

We are still stronger than hull and Sunderland

Think AK will be here another 2 seasons after this one regardless of whether we survive or not

Wohoo! Stuani League One top scorer in 2018-2019 - Bet Now!

Sorry, that is going over the top. It's been a bad day.