oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

If we had the little fella in this team we'd already be safe

We got relegated with him though didn't we?

This team wouldn't stop and watch him play

I can't answer that without getting into a stupid debate on how people remember him with rose coloured glasses and half-a-dafty on at every opportunity,  I loved him but I think you have forgotten how he started getting man marked out of games, took one man too many on and lost the ball - he was an absolute joy at times but definitely not the same to me as he is to others. He also left his 'beloved Boro' instead of helping us come back up - but the fans who don't let that count are also the fans who left us when we got relegated too so its no surprise.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Grosicki would actually be a great signing for them, what are we playing at man

Gets goals from the wings and is fast as ***. What's not to like?

I'm actually getting genuinely annoyed at our recruitment. Football doesn't often annoy me like this but they seem totally incompetent to the point where kind of believe I could have indentified better targets that were realistic in the summer and definitely this window. We are so close to being a fairly decent bottom half team and yet incompetence in bringing in the personnel has us scrapping around (or not) for ***e in the last hours of the window.

The only thing I can imagine is that people who are mad at AK haven't had the opportunity to watch the full interview or read the transcript. He's been misrepresented by the media who, let's face it, get paid for stirring up drama. Agree with Randy and Oslo.

Its okay, 2plus2 can tell if it's a penalty without even seeing it, so he can definitely tell what AK actually said about the board without reading the transcript :)

Both my posts quoted what sky sports said about the pens, not once did I state what I thought. And clearly stated I would judge it when I see it.

And I've seen exactly what AK said thanks.

Don't be an a***.

So can you give us a quote on his criticism of the board? Because I must have read it wrong.

Criticism of the fans...

- 'the atmosphere was awful today'

- I don't know how many thousand people are asking for long balls'

Neither statement was accurate. And not exactly to be appreciated.

- 'I said last season that [fans] have a small memory'.

Granted, this is accurate. But again not well advised.

Criticism re lack of transfer dealings...

- 'I always said the aim in the transfer window was to improve the squad and, at the moment, we haven't done that'.

Not doubting that we had all hoped for more, but this is after he had already been given £12m to reinvest in two players he wanted. I'm sorry, but if that's how he feels, he may as well have p*ssed Gibson's money upstream. Add to that his miserable and unsavoury demeanour throughout. Not just about what you say but how you say it. And add to that how those comments will make Gestede and Bamford feel. Hardy going to inspire confidence.

Granted, he hasn't come out and said 'Gibson is sh*t and the fans are sh*t'. But has alluded to discontent with both. Like I said, I rate AK as a manager. And I don't want him gone. In fact, I'd be gutted. But I don't agree with how he has handled himself recently (and on occasions previous to that). And I think it's wrong to out that fans in that way [it's not like they were booing, ranting and raving], and wrong to go to the media and effectively make out that your chairman et al haven't done enough [when they've done everything they can, for years and year and years].

We obviously see things differently, which is fine.

I've always been a fan of Aitor. I think he's the best manager that we've had in a long while - arguably ever. 

Really.  Better than the man who won us our only trophy. Nope.  Better than Jack Charlton who got us promoted with a record margin. Nope.

Your head.  Shake it.

He said arguably and I agree with him. Give your head a shake for not reading his post correctly and just cutting him down instead

There is no arguing it, he's patently wrong.

The only thing I can imagine is that people who are mad at AK haven't had the opportunity to watch the full interview or read the transcript. He's been misrepresented by the media who, let's face it, get paid for stirring up drama. Agree with Randy and Oslo.

Its okay, 2plus2 can tell if it's a penalty without even seeing it, so he can definitely tell what AK actually said about the board without reading the transcript :)

Both my posts quoted what sky sports said about the pens, not once did I state what I thought. And clearly stated I would judge it when I see it.

And I've seen exactly what AK said thanks.

Don't be an a***.

So can you give us a quote on his criticism of the board? Because I must have read it wrong.

Criticism of the fans...

- 'the atmosphere was awful today'

- I don't know how many thousand people are asking for long balls'

Neither statement was accurate. And not exactly to be appreciated.

- 'I said last season that [fans] have a small memory'.

Granted, this is accurate. But again not well advised.

Criticism re lack of transfer dealings...

- 'I always said the aim in the transfer window was to improve the squad and, at the moment, we haven't done that'.

Not doubting that we had all hoped for more, but this is after he had already been given £12m to reinvest in two players he wanted. I'm sorry, but if that's how he feels, he may as well have p*ssed Gibson's money upstream. Add to that his miserable and unsavoury demeanour throughout. Not just about what you say but how you say it. And add to that how those comments will make Gestede and Bamford feel. Hardy going to inspire confidence.

Granted, he hasn't come out and said 'Gibson is sh*t and the fans are sh*t'. But has alluded to discontent with both. Like I said, I rate AK as a manager. And I don't want him gone. In fact, I'd be gutted. But I don't agree with how he has handled himself recently (and on occasions previous to that). And I think it's wrong to out that fans in that way [it's not like they were booing, ranting and raving], and wrong to go to the media and effectively make out that your chairman et al haven't done enough [when they've done everything they can, for years and year and years].

We obviously see things differently, which is fine.

We see the meaning of the word 'criticism' differently yes - I obviously understand its meaning and you clearly don't because you haven't managed to provide proof of the criticism you berated him for - this is what happens when you believe sky tosspot news instead of actually looking at things clearly through your own eyes.

I'm actually getting genuinely annoyed at our recruitment. Football doesn't often annoy me like this but they seem totally incompetent to the point where kind of believe I could have indentified better targets that were realistic in the summer and definitely this window. We are so close to being a fairly decent bottom half team and yet incompetence in bringing in the personnel has us scrapping around (or not) for *** in the last hours of the window.

Honestly man it's been such a bad season of recruitment, we had such a good base to work from. 

How difficult is it to get another winger, even one on loan?

Charly Musonda from Chelsea would have been a good one....

2plus2 glad you overreacted to my jokey comment by -1ing me, shows how much of a petulant little child you are.

he  -1'nd you?  Jesus we really are getting some precious little princesses on here - I guess I will be getting one soon. Assuming I haven't already

We see the meaning of the word 'criticism' differently yes - I obviously understand its meaning and you clearly don't because you haven't managed to provide proof of the criticism you berated him for - this is what happens when you believe sky tosspot news instead of actually looking at things clearly through your own eyes.

I never berated him. In fact, have repeatedly shown my support for him. Perhaps you should read my posts too rather then jumping to conclusions.

I also have nothing to prove to you. I disagree with some of the things he said and am entitled to my opinion, which is exactly what it is.

2plus2 glad you overreacted to my jokey comment by -1ing me, shows how much of a petulant little child you are.

he  -1'nd you?  Jesus we really are getting some precious little princesses on here - I guess I will be getting one soon. Assuming I haven't already

Na na na naaaaaa na. Wait until I tell on you.

I'm actually getting genuinely annoyed at our recruitment. Football doesn't often annoy me like this but they seem totally incompetent to the point where kind of believe I could have indentified better targets that were realistic in the summer and definitely this window. We are so close to being a fairly decent bottom half team and yet incompetence in bringing in the personnel has us scrapping around (or not) for *** in the last hours of the window.

Honestly man it's been such a bad season of recruitment, we had such a good base to work from. 

Is he back at Chelsea or is he still in Portugal? He'd be a class loan signing.

Is he back at Chelsea or is he still in Portugal? He'd be a class loan signing.

I've always been a fan of Aitor. I think he's the best manager that we've had in a long while - arguably ever. 

Really.  Better than the man who won us our only trophy. Nope.  Better than Jack Charlton who got us promoted with a record margin. Nope.

Your head.  Shake it.

And the style of football we play. And the managers who've taken us up from the Championship to the PL before playing more exciting football.

SO far off the mark to say best manager we've ever had... but fairly typical of the Karanka-yes-boys on here.

He's good... and I hope he's our manager for a long time in the PL, but let's not go O.T.T

He could BECOME our best manager ever, and I actually hope he does.