oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

BBC LN just said Adlene Guedioura deal is done

I really don't see the point if this signing. Someone asked yesterday "how do we decide if it's a panic buy" - found one for you mate!

Cheers BD4. It was me and I think I agree on this one. It just feels like a signing that will probably sit on the bench for no reason as not really a position we needed covering and doubt he can change a game. Hope I'm completely wrong but we'll see I suppose

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Guedioura offers something different, something we currently lack in the 4-3-3. It's not a diamond of a signing, but it's hardly Cubic Zirconia from Elizabeth Duke.

I'm not criticising the signing, it's the fact that we've failed to address our problem area and with 10 minutes to go that is not going to change. Car crash of a window, I feel so sorry for AK. Burnley and Hull have put us to shame this month.

What makes it worse is it's not exactly a new problem either, we spent all last summer needing the same type of players we still need now and will STILL need in January.

There do seem to be options out there and it least publically we don't seem to care.

Guedioura offers something different, something we currently lack in the 4-3-3. It's not a diamond of a signing, but it's hardly Cubic Zirconia from Elizabeth Duke.

I'm not criticising the signing, it's the fact that we've failed to address our problem area and with 10 minutes to go that is not going to change. Car crash of a window, I feel so sorry for AK. Burnley and Hull have put us to shame this month.

True but, as I said earlier, not signing Guedioura wouldn't have changed the fact we haven't signed an AM. He improves us - in an area of the pitch was had weaknesses but is certainly not our weakest, aye - but an improvement is an improvement.

In fact, adding a little more forward momentum into the midfield three could be of aid to the likes of Adama, Fischer and Downing. It at least addresses the enormous gulf between the holding and attacking midfield areas.

Yes, we need to be better in the final third. That much is obvious. But improving the supply to those who's job it is to create those chances 'could/should' improve that supply vicariously. At least, we can hope...

It just may be that the most important signing of this window is the one that took place last year. It is probably significant that Gaston didn't get his move and is stuck here for six months at least.

As long as he gets his head screwed on he could be the difference.