oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Also more people saying we're lacking in midfield, would anyone take Fabian delph? Could be the box to box midfielder we need, was class for villa before city took him.

He's been linked to Leeds, Villa and Newcastle. With our Premier League status I'm sure we could be a more attractive offer.

Funny enough me and mate were talking about it the other day when he played for City in the cup. I said I've have him on loan of we are continuing with that 3 man midfield otherwise I am not fussed

3 man or 2 man midfield he's better than what we've got.

Maybe but if we've got a 2 man midfield, then we have an extra creative player in the side and I'm happy for the Centre mids to both do the dirty work, whereas if we play with a 3 we really need someone willing to join the attacks a bit more frequently.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I agree, one of the most annoying things last season was the big hole in the middle when Ramirez pushed into the box. Even if we are playing the 3 behind the striker I'd still like a cm to sit a bit higher up in support, not just some clogger either they should be mildly creative to keep the ball alive higher up the pitch.

Not sure I agree, one of the most annoying things last season was the big hole in the middle when Ramirez pushed into the box. Even if we are playing the 3 behind the striker I'd still like a cm to sit a bit higher up in support, not just some clogger either they should be mildly creative to keep the ball alive higher up the pitch.

Whole heartedly agree with the above +1 I could never understand how there was always a gaping big hole between the front 4 and back 7 (including GK) I would much prefer either the back 4 10 yards further forward and Valdes as sweeper keeper or a staggered 2 man midfield where you have one sat cleaning up infront of the back 4 and one 5-10 yards ahead of that marshalling the space to avoid counter attacks... I know it's easy to say sat in the stands but I just think sometimes we leave ourselves easy to pick off when there is so much space in the middle of the park... perhaps it's quality of player or players not wanting to be at fault if we concede....

If the stories about Ramirez are true then he can *** right off. He was a nothing player in England when we more or less saved his career. He was a huge flop and a bit of a laughing stock in the Premier League. If it wasn't for us he'd be playing in a poor Uruguayan league for peanuts. Now he is playing in the most exposed league in the world for a manager that actually wanted him and has said nothing but good things about him. He has got no right to make any demands, at least not untill the season is over and he has proven that he is good enough. He is by no means a star in the Premier League. He is a decent attacking midfielder in a team that lacks creativity so he will always stand out, however if he truely is setting demands to Karanka and Gibson then send him packing and have De Roon two foot him in the face the next time we meet.

I don't really think we know much about what is going on though and it could well be an agent trick, in which case he should show the club some respect and sack that leech. I'd like Ramirez to show some public backing for AK and the club if none of this is actually true.

If the stories about Ramirez are true then he can *** right off. He was a nothing player in England when we more or less saved his career. He was a huge flop and a bit of a laughing stock in the Premier League. If it wasn't for us he'd be playing in a poor Uruguayan league for peanuts. Now he is playing in the most exposed league in the world for a manager that actually wanted him and has said nothing but good things about him. He has got no right to make any demands, at least not untill the season is over and he has proven that he is good enough. He is by no means a star in the Premier League. He is a decent attacking midfielder in a team that lacks creativity so he will always stand out, however if he truely is setting demands to Karanka and Gibson then send him packing and have De Roon two foot him in the face the next time we meet.

I don't really think we know much about what is going on though and it could well be an agent trick, in which case he should show the club some respect and sack that leech. I'd like Ramirez to show some public backing for AK and the club if none of this is actually true.

I don't think he will be a boro player this time next week... his agent is known to use the Italian media to get his players in the spotlight... only good thing is if he has put a transfer request in he has lost all his rights to loyalty payments

Right guys, today is supposed to be an interesting day so let's buckle in eh? I'm going to bed after a night shift but when I wake up I expect to find out that Karanka has been sacked, Tony Pulis is our new manager and we've signed Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez.

Right guys, today is supposed to be an interesting day so let's buckle in eh? I'm going to bed after a night shift but when I wake up I expect to find out that Karanka has been sacked, Tony Pulis is our new manager and we've signed Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez.

Please, they're not Pulis players

Please, they're not Pulis players

Hmmm. Given the players you're hoping that we've signed by the time you wake up.... I would have thought you could have shown a LITTLE bit more ambition with the manger!!?

**On reflection, that's probably a bit harsh on Pulis, He's a decent manager.

Well said from AV...

"Honestly now, would you have taken this situation back in August?

I would. In fact, we are more or less exactly where I expected - just above the drop zone, one bad weekend of results away from being dragged right into it but with a strong enough defence to grind away and just keep chipping in enough points to stay ahead of the walking dead. I expected - still expect - to be there or thereabouts until the last week. And if takes one going in off someone's *** in another game several hundred miles away to stay up on goal difference on the final day, so be it. That's all that matters. We can worry about aesthetics next season.

Yes, people are getting frustrated and nervous over results. At performances. It is tense and tough. But it was always going to be like this. We've made a massive step up. We play fitter, faster, better resourced, more experienced sides almost every week now. It is all very well saying "we should be beating the likes of X (team who have been in the PL 5, 6, 8, 10 years)" but they all look at Boro and think "newly promoted side, we should be beating the likes of them."

We were always going to lose 15, 16, 17, 18 games this season (that is what the teams who finish 16th and 17th average). And yes, that is very hard after winning (or not losing) almost every week for two years. Especially at home. The club and the crowd have had to rewire ourselves psychologically and emotionally for the new reality and it hasn't been easy. I understand that.

And it is going to to be a challenging run in. But this is what we wanted. To be in the Premier League and playing brilliant players and tough teams in front of big crowds every week. To be playing in the most watched, most exciting league in the world. To be on the biggest stage. At the higher level. Let's enjoy the challenge, the spectacle, the adrenaline, the battle, the nerves. The scrap.

We need to accept where we are - underdogs holding our own in a cut-throat battle - and dig in and fight like hell to improve and establish ourselves in the division. We can't rip ourselves apart over every selection, every transfer, every result, every display, dishing out blame and recriminations and demanding blood..That's what the summer is for. Right now we need to stick together, be strong and united and give it everything we've got, get fully behind the spring offensive and makes sure that gap below us stays intact until May.

Come on Boro."

That's an interesting article ETO, I'm pretty certain that after AK's post match comments The Gazette boys on twitter were up in arms about AK's criticism of the fans, claiming that those comments wouldn't go down well and generally stirring things up. Do you think AV has had a re-think or has the club issued a 3 line whip?

That's an interesting article ETO, I'm pretty certain that after AK's post match comments The Gazette boys on twitter were up in arms about AK's criticism of the fans, claiming that those comments wouldn't go down well and generally stirring things up. Do you think AV has had a re-think or has the club issued a 3 line whip?

or is AV just the voice of reason?