oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Well said from AV...

"Honestly now, would you have taken this situation back in August?

I would. In fact, we are more or less exactly where I expected - just above the drop zone, one bad weekend of results away from being dragged right into it but with a strong enough defence to grind away and just keep chipping in enough points to stay ahead of the walking dead. I expected - still expect - to be there or thereabouts until the last week. And if takes one going in off someone's *** in another game several hundred miles away to stay up on goal difference on the final day, so be it. That's all that matters. We can worry about aesthetics next season.

Yes, people are getting frustrated and nervous over results. At performances. It is tense and tough. But it was always going to be like this. We've made a massive step up. We play fitter, faster, better resourced, more experienced sides almost every week now. It is all very well saying "we should be beating the likes of X (team who have been in the PL 5, 6, 8, 10 years)" but they all look at Boro and think "newly promoted side, we should be beating the likes of them."

We were always going to lose 15, 16, 17, 18 games this season (that is what the teams who finish 16th and 17th average). And yes, that is very hard after winning (or not losing) almost every week for two years. Especially at home. The club and the crowd have had to rewire ourselves psychologically and emotionally for the new reality and it hasn't been easy. I understand that.

And it is going to to be a challenging run in. But this is what we wanted. To be in the Premier League and playing brilliant players and tough teams in front of big crowds every week. To be playing in the most watched, most exciting league in the world. To be on the biggest stage. At the higher level. Let's enjoy the challenge, the spectacle, the adrenaline, the battle, the nerves. The scrap.

We need to accept where we are - underdogs holding our own in a cut-throat battle - and dig in and fight like hell to improve and establish ourselves in the division. We can't rip ourselves apart over every selection, every transfer, every result, every display, dishing out blame and recriminations and demanding blood..That's what the summer is for. Right now we need to stick together, be strong and united and give it everything we've got, get fully behind the spring offensive and makes sure that gap below us stays intact until May.

Come on Boro."

Where has he wrote this? can't see it on the Gazette or his blog

It was on his Untypical Boro FaceBook mate

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I know why Ramirez wants a pay raise...

His (ex)wife is ripping him off :P

When that is said, he can *** off, if the rumours are true. Fight for the team like a man, don't complain and go earn it instead of crying bout it...

What on earth are you going on about?

Is it safe to assume that the written transfer request from Gaston wasn't true? I'd have thought the Gazette would have reported it if there was such a request.

The Gazette haven't had some of the transfer news 1st this month take Bamford it was the Echo who reported it 1st

It was actually Graeme Bailey who was first on the Bamford thing.

Think it would have been a lot better if we have a cm with an ounce of creativity :P

We should try and buy one, either that or revert back to 2 holding midfielders and and atacking MF.

I've said for a while now that our central midfielders are not good enough for this level, weak as p*** and slow as f***

GD finally got a medical at Milan, footage of him in italy from sky sports news, deal to be completed within 24 hours.

He had a brief interview with Sky Italia over the weekend, it's as good as done.

Snodgrass wasn't injured at the weekend, asked to not be played.

No more on Bojan so hope that's still on course.

We were told early on in the window that Deulofeu preferred Milan, this is probably why it's taken a while to get Snodgrass in.

Fancy us to have him and Bojan in by Friday

Nothing on the outgoings.

We were told early on in the window that Deulofeu preferred Milan, this is probably why it's taken a while to get Snodgrass in.

I'd be happy with that do u think we'll sign someone out the blue that we haven't been linked with yet

Anything on Karanka, is everything fine behind the scenes?

Good news there and I hope you are right mate

I know why Ramirez wants a pay raise...

His (ex)wife is ripping him off :P

When that is said, he can *** off, if the rumours are true. Fight for the team like a man, don't complain and go earn it instead of crying bout it...

What on earth are you going on about?

Well, if that is not clear from my post, I won't bother trying to explain it, no offence.

Anything on Karanka, is everything fine behind the scenes?

No news on him so assuming all is still well. His comments worried me but I think all will be fine