oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

So who is top of the pacey right winger list then? Snodgrass isn't exactly fast is he? Don't know much about Burke but a big responsibility for a young lad.

I just hope we aren't all left completely underwhelmed come next Tuesday night.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is top of the pacey right winger list then? Snodgrass isn't exactly fast is he? Don't know much about Burke but a big responsibility for a young lad.

I just hope we aren't all left completely underwhelmed come next Tuesday night.

I think there is a speedy RW that has gone under the radar. If we don't get him we may never know

But he doesn't even make the bench.  If I was him I'd want out if I was the club I'd want him out and if I was a championship club I'd be interested. But not one single rumour

Sure, I can see why Rhodes OUGHT to leave.... and I'm sure I'd probably want to if I was him. It must be a right buzz playing in front of 20k-30k screaming fans!!

(Rather than watching your training mates doing it).... I'm still a bit gutted though.

But he doesn't even make the bench.  If I was him I'd want out if I was the club I'd want him out and if I was a championship club I'd be interested. But not one single rumour

Sure, I can see why Rhodes OUGHT to leave.... and I'm sure I'd probably want to if I was him. It must be a right buzz playing in front of 20k-30k screaming fans!!

(Rather than watching your training mates doing it).... I'm still a bit gutted though.

I think he was on about Husband, mate.

LOL :D Oops.

OK - just for the record, I'll be gutted when Rhodes leaves! :blush: :blush:

With Deulofeu confirmed hopefully we can move for Bojan and Snodgrass now.

I can't see what would hold the moves up, other than finalising the fees. Neither played at the weekend.

Interesting that Snodgrass looks to be valued around the same £8-£10M as Rhodes.

Would love to see Snoddy on our set pieces. I can't remember seeing consistently good corners taken at the Riverside since Ziege/Merson. Corners were woeful on Saturday - even Clayton had a go and it was truly pants!

Dying for some news, like!

LOL :D Oops.

OK - just for the record, I'll be gutted when Rhodes leaves! :blush: :blush:

I was on about husband but the same argument could be said for Rhodes just not as strongly

Genuinely gutted. Will wear my rhodes shirt proudly. Was so excited when he signed :(

yeah, me too mate. Karanka seems to have been a bit of a **** with the whole Rhodes situation.

In what way does Karanka seems to have been like that to Rhodes? He doesn't rate him so he doesn't play him, it's that simple. He's never said a bad word about Rhodes to the press and likewise Rhodes about our club, he just doesn't fit with the current manager.

If a manager doesn't rate you you go. I was constantly on the bench for one team I played for. The following season I went to a team two div above was made captain and played every game. It's just opinions

Although the first manager was obviously a ***

Re: wingers, and especially pacy wingers.

Can Snodgrass be considered pacy? Isn't he a left-footed right-winger?

Do we actually need a pacy right-winger when we have Traore, shouldn't we be looking at left-wingers?

I wish this window would end, I'm tired of the speculation, or lack of it. AK says we need pace on the wings and then looks at Bojan [a striker] and Snodgrass [not fast], and brings in Bamford and Gestede [neither are pacy wingers].