oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Can't help but feel we are going to be disappointed come the end of the window and miss out on targets, so nerve racking, i want something offical to happen today.

Need to get some quality attacking mids.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Jese... he's kind of right if he has said a short term loan doesn't give him time to adapt to a whole new league, culture and system. If he's not very adaptable - and his time at PSG would suggest that - it wouldn't be beneficial for any party.

Here's what I personally think with a bit of info that I've already shared.

We've agreed in principal a deal with Snodgrass, personally think he can't be first choice otherwise we'd have done the deal.

Bojan is the same in terms of the deal and was told last week it's close to being done (should've been done early this week). I think he's the first choice target.

Jese, no info whatsoever on this but I think we're waiting for him before pushing for Snodgrass. If West Ham agree a fee then it might force our hand.

also have a feeling we'll end up with someone that hasn't been mentioned, maybe a CM. That's just a gut feeling.

Niang would be a quality signing

I don't think I have read a single positive thing about him on a Danish forum. All seem like they are ready to announce a day of celebration once he leaves.

I don't think I have read a single positive thing about him on a Danish forum. All seem like they are ready to announce a day of celebration once he leaves.

He's at Milan isn't he?

We've agreed in principal a deal with Snodgrass, personally think he can't be first choice  otherwise we'd have done the deal.

Bojan is the same in terms of the deal and was told last week it's close to being done (should've been done early this week). I think he's the first choice target.

Jese, no info whatsoever on this but I think we're waiting for him before pushing for Snodgrass. If West Ham agree a fee then it might force our hand.

also have a feeling we'll end up with someone that hasn't been mentioned, maybe a CM. That's just a gut feeling.

That doesn't really sound very promising. Appreciate the info as always though

We've agreed in principal a deal with Snodgrass, personally think he can't be first choice otherwise we'd have done the deal.

How can we have agreed on personal terms with Bojan and Snodgrass. Have their clubs really given permission for those talks without us having even made a bid?

He's at Milan isn't he?

Yes. I should have specified it was on a Milan forum. They all want shot of him and nowhere near the squad.

We've agreed in principal a deal with Snodgrass, personally think he can't be first choice  otherwise we'd have done the deal.

How can we have agreed on personal terms with Bojan and Snodgrass. Have their clubs really given permission for those talks without us having even made a bid?

The talks were with the agents. I don't think we've talked directly to either player.

We agreed personal terms with Stewart Downing before we even made contact with West Ham.

I don't want Jese... he's kind of right if he has said a short term loan doesn't give him time to adapt to a whole new league, culture and system. If he's not very adaptable - and his time at PSG would suggest that - it wouldn't be beneficial for any party.

I'm with you on that one Snowy, I'd rather stick with the players that we have rather than bring in someone who can't adapt, so won't be an improvement but will play anyway.

The talks were with the agents. I don't think we've talked directly to either player.

Agent rings the club to see if they'd be interested. 

They then discuss what a player wants and what we're willing to offer them.

That's why once a fee is agreed the deal is completed pretty quickly.

Look at Bamford and Berahino. As soon as a fee is agreed for either or hopefully both it'll take a day or 2 to complete. Only a few hours if on deadline day

In what way does being close to bringing in two of our top targets not sound promising?

In what way does being close to bringing in two of our top targets not sound promising?

Jese pretty clearly doesen't want to come to us. I'm still not convinced Snodgrass will come to us over West Ham and that just leaves Bojan and while I think he'd be a good addition, he isn't the winger we need.