• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Subotic fitness update from German Goal:

http://www.goal.com/de/news/3643/exklusiv/2017/01/24/31909212/borussia-dortmund-neven-subotic-kehrt-zur%C3%BCck

"Borussia Dortmund: Neven Subotic returns

Neven Subotic is still under contract at Borussia Dortmund until summer 2018

Good news for Borussia Dortmund: Interior defender Neven Subotic is about to return to the team training.

Borussia Dortmund can soon count on defensive Neven Subotic. According to Goal-Information, the interior defender will return to the team training of the German vice-champion on Wednesday. His physical fitness is completely made after his knee injury and he can complete all exercises again.

After the failure of Sven Benders, who suffered an outbreak of his ankle in the last week in the test match against SC Paderborn, an experienced interior defender is returning. This is a good signal for coach Thomas Tuchel. Especially since the coach after the 2-1 win in Bremen on Saturday "lack of experience" in some situations complained.

Subotic had only returned in November 2016 after a long injury break and wanted to collect the second team in the regional league west game practice. In his first assignment against SV Rödinghausen he even scored the late winner. Against the second team of the 1. FC Cologne he stayed then in the lawn - and had to pause since then because of knee complaints again. In the BVB training camp, he only completed an individual program.

Meanwhile, there is still nothing concrete about his future after goal information. Although several clubs are still interested in the 28-year-old, there is still no tendency. By the 31st of January, Subotic, who had no prospect of a place under Thomas Tuchel, would still have the opportunity to change the club."

I'd rather have Leon bailey than snodgrass :/

Its fine saying you'd prefer bailey, but karanka needs his wingers to defend too which is something snodgrass can do.

True deep down snodgrass is probably the more sensible signing.

I asked Stoke fans for their opinions of bojan and got some decent replys, about halfway down the page it starts.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/264606/bojan?page=30

Unanimous. Not a winger.

Still feel the potential is there for him to excel in a 4-3-3 behind Negredo. Not quite a #10 role, but not a winger either, as long as most the width comes from the fullbacks.

Wolves are moneybags arent they? Surely he wont want to stick around the championship for at least another season though..

We are but he's only on loan and while we're in the Championship we still have to comply with FFP.

Wolves fan here, if you do sign Helder you're in for a treat. The boy is absolutely magic.

Good feedback, thanks. Sounds encouraging.... but it sounds as though there are other PL clubs in for him already.

Have you heard anything from the Wolves side?

The latest is that we have first refusal on him and a release clause of about €15M which we'll take up now and then sell on to another club either straight away or at the end of the season. Makes sense for us really and it does seem like the kind of deal we'd do now Jorge Mendes is involved at the club.

Is he likely to make the step up to the premierships standard?

Easily.

Gaston Ramirez to @LCFC done. #LCFC

@indykalia

WUM Account for a number of years, please do not give it the time of day.

Still...bit concerning....

It's about as concerning as me claiming that Negredo has broken his leg. Neither are true so why is it concerning?

Well we don't know it's not true, he could well be on his way which would be concerning, then again he might not. How are you so sure he's not going?

Gaston Ramirez to @LCFC done. #LCFC

@indykalia

WUM Account for a number of years, please do not give it the time of day.

Still...bit concerning....

It's about as concerning as me claiming that Negredo has broken his leg. Neither are true so why is it concerning?

Well we don't know it's not true, he could well be on his way which would be concerning, then again he might not. How are you so sure he's not going?

Because it's from a twitter account that makes things up every day.

I think the point here is that we shouldn't think anything has happened purely because of that Twitter account. Nothing has changed, just some douche throwing a troll tweet into the mix. So if you thought he was staying before that tweet, there's no reason to change your opinion on the back of it.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see much more movement today.

I'm assuming were waiting for Jese to confirm he 100% won't come to us. If he does, I think we'll move for Snodgrass. Once we have snodgrass tied up we'll hopefully bid for Bojan and tie that up.

My only concern is that I just have a niggling feeling that we'll try and play it smart and lose out on some targets.

But I hope, pray and wish that we have some under the radar signings on the way!

Can't see any reason for transfer activity today. Things should be happening behind the scenes but nothing to suggest that we are close to signing someone or selling someone. Reckon we will have to wait until friday or monday.

Can't see any reason for transfer activity today. Things should be happening behind the scenes but nothing to suggest that we are close to signing someone or selling someone. Reckon we will have to wait until friday or monday.

Same here, think a lot of it will go down to the wire. I was half expecting Bojan to be done after Berahinos arrival mind.

Same here, think a lot of it will go down to the wire. I was half expecting Bojan to be done after Berahinos arrival mind.

As was I, which makes me think we aren't as close as we are led to believe. I can see no reason why there should be a hold up unless the clubs are far apart in their valuations, in which case the deal will likely go to the wire, or the player isn't really that interested.