• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurker said we've agreed in principle to a deal with Snodgrass, over personal terms so we just need the bid to be accepted and dot the i's etc.

But he may have done the same with the Dyche Douche

Don't get why so many keep saying they can't wait till the transfer window shuts and they hate the transfer window.

It's entertaining! Posts and views on this forum alone will he higher than ever because people love a good rumour. Stop moaning about it all and just enjoy the ride! Dunno about you lot but I'm on my phone refreshing the forum page more than ever!

That's the point, these aren't even good rumours. In the last few days we've had sources including someone on fmttm, someone who works at KFC, and someone who is pretending to be an agent on Twitter. 

I don't mind rumours whatever the source, but it's when people repeat/retweet them or massively overreact to something that's probably not even true, that's when most of us get fed up!

I love the rumours even if they are ridiculous as it's a bit of entertainment! Noobe says you have to believe them.

But what I do agree with you with is how stupid some of the overreactions are to the rumours. Either way not long left of the window and then we can really see what sort of shape we' re in for the rest of the season.

I think transfer window gives an interesting glimpse into some of what might be going on within the club.  The reason that some people don't like it is that it doesn't always paint a pretty picture.

But that's the problem with a glimpse of anything, you don't see the full picture.

Yeah and some people would prefer we didn't see anything at all I suspect if it doesn't fit whatever view they have of the Boro world.  I'm fairly comfortable in my own intelligence to sift through things and get to something close to what I reckon is a true picture.  So for example I'm fairly confident that Ramirez has indeed been ***ing around for whatever reason (personal life, just wants more money, not happy about playing out wide).  I also have reasonable confidence that not everything is amazing behind the scenes regarding Karanka, whether that's simply job pressure, annoyance at not getting what he wants or something else I don't know.  I'm an inquisitive sort so I'd rather see some of it than none of it.

I think that's all pretty fair. The issue I have with these rumours (or more accurately, interpretations thereof) is that one person could look at a leaked story about Karanka being unhappy with a player/having missed a training session, and assume, as you and I have done, that there's a bit of tension and discontent. Another person sees that same rumour and takes it to mean that he's going to resign imminently. If we both then spread our opinions on social media (particularly if we're wording it as fact), which version is going to get more reaction.

I know what you're saying, and it is interesting to get these little leaks and bits and bobs of info, be they positive or negative. I just think that not everyone filters out the unlikely or obviously false ones quite as well as some do, if that makes sense?

Is Jese actually any good? I genuinely have no idea whatsoever. I assume he's been at Real Madrid and PSG for a reason but he doesn't seem to have flourished at either club.

I was also thinking this. Never really seen much of him. Already said that I'd rather have Snodgrass as he's a bit more proven albeit maybe not as talented.

Is Jese actually any good? I genuinely have no idea whatsoever. I assume he's been at Real Madrid and PSG for a reason but he doesn't seem to have flourished at either club.

I was also thinking this. Never really seen much of him. Already said that I'd rather have Snodgrass as he's a bit more proven albeit maybe not as talented.

Never heard of him, but everyone seems excited about him signing for us, so he must be good.

Think his record at Real speaks for itself. 93 games, 18 goals and 16 assists. At Castilla it was 39 games, 22 goals and 12 assists. All mainly from LW. All before the age of 23. Considering the competition it is highly likely that a lot of the games at Real were not starters, but the games I've seen he looked like someone always willing to run at the opposition and get into the box.

He's a ronaldo clone from what I've seen, obviously not on that level but his technique and running style is very similar.

If we do get him we will have some kind of poor mans version of Ronald and messi (traore) on the pitch haha.

I seen a bit of him when he was first breaking into the team and he looked mint. Not sure where it's gone wrong, maybe something from his injury or the one that seems to pop up in articles is his attitude. Before his injury though he was quick, direct, good running with the ball at his feet and had an eye for goal.

I know that traditionally Snodgrass is a Winger but Hull have been playing him central more often than not this year, either as a #10 or a second striker - although that might have been through necessity with their injury problems - so maybe it's Bojan or Snodgrass rather than both of them.

Think his record at Real speaks for itself. 93 games, 18 goals and 16 assists. At Castilla it was 39 games, 22 goals and 12 assists. All mainly from LW. All before the age of 23. Considering the competition it is highly likely that a lot of the games at Real were not starters, but the games I've seen he looked like someone always willing to run at the opposition and get into the box.

Not only will they not be starts but I bet a lot came when they were already 3, 4, 5 nil up and cruising, right?

Not only will they not be starts but I bet a lot came when they were already 3, 4, 5 nil up and cruising, right?

Quite right I've looked up his stats, here's a link..

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/106028/History/Jes