oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbroughs-robert-snodgrass-bid-accepted-12507363

"Boro seem determined to add two attacking midfielders to their squad and that would open the door for Gaston Ramirez to leave"

It does appear as if the Gazette are painting a picture; two of Snodgrass, Jese and Bojan in and Ramirez to leave. Looks like the Burnley bid has forced our hand today.

Personally, I want Snodgrass, Jese, Bojan and Ramirez! It's not asking too much is it?! Bojan and Jese on loans with buy options. Snodgrass for £10M covered by Rhodes out for £8M.

Ramirez can always leave in summer. If we get relegated, then we don't buy Bojan and Jese and Snodgrass would be quality in the Championship.

Sure wages would be higher, but I would have thought we could afford it for 3-4 months with the TV money.

I guess Stoke want the transfer money - Bojan won't be much of an asset if he comes here on loan and flops.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we trying to get all 3 in? Snodgrass, Bojan and Jese... if so the Ramirez is going. But i think if we only get 2 then he might stay.

If snodgrass is 10mill, bojan 12 and jese a loan then it may end up a straight swap in terms of fees with rhodes for 9ish and ramirez for 13ish. Would we still have cash to spare??? Also, would someone else have to leave? We have bought in two already and let nugent go. Would our squad be too big?? (2 more than the start of the window)

I think Bojan would also be a loan, with option to buy if we stay up

Then we must have cash to spare. Our net spend would be a negative amount!!

Ye and it would be a very impressive end to the window for us, both in players bought in and making money on out goings!

Is Jese actually any good? I genuinely have no idea whatsoever. I assume he's been at Real Madrid and PSG for a reason but he doesn't seem to have flourished at either club.

Think his record at Real speaks for itself. 93 games, 18 goals and 16 assists. At Castilla it was 39 games, 22 goals and 12 assists. All mainly from LW. All before the age of 23. Considering the competition it is highly likely that a lot of the games at Real were not starters, but the games I've seen he looked like someone always willing to run at the opposition and get into the box.

If you actually go game by game it's not quite as impressive at it looks.  He's played in games against weaker opposition, off the bench in games Real Madrid won comfortably.  I've said this a few times now, about both him and Bojan - you've got to be careful with these players from Barca and Real Madrid who look like world beaters playing in their dominant sides as bit part players but they sometimes don't seem to be able to reach those heights playing elsewhere.  People raved about Bojan, now he's at Stoke and isn't a regular there. He looks decent sometimes but not a world beater.  PSG realise they've made a mistake with the Jese signing and they want rid of him, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent player for us because let's face it they are looking for better players than we are but it's something to be mindful of I reckon.

I'd probably agree with this about Jesé it's a risk. Apart from karanka having worked with him before. But the quote I read about bojan by stoke supporters was that during his first three months he was the best player stoke have EVER had

If we have any cash left I wouldn't mind M'Vila

He'd be an upgrade on what we have and could be available

We won't offer him what Allardyce will offer him and his agents.

Don't need him either. Need a more attack minded CM

This guy just said this to me on Twitter, no idea who he is so take it with a pinch of salt..

@Lemonthebarber

@Borobadger @JonathonTaylor1 @PTallentireGaz Ramirez is done deal to go. Club just waiting g on incomings first.

You have no idea why he couldn't adapt at psg though, just look forward to the possible signing rather than worry about things we have literally no info about.

Well that's not true. It's been well documented that it's because of the language barrier. We might have more Spanish players but we don't live in Spain.

You have no idea why he couldn't adapt at psg though, just look forward to the possible signing rather than worry about things we have literally no info about.

Well that's not true. It's been well documented that it's because of the language barrier. We might have more Spanish players but we don't live in Spain.

If thats the case then I'd take a punt and suggest he knows a little more English than he does French. I'm not sure you can discount the Spanish players either, we have a ton of them including many he'll surely know.

Yes it's been well documented by all kinds of unsubstantiated rumours on various internet pages. There is absolutely nothing from Jesé or his agent. It's even hearsay that Las Palmas are his favoured destination only proclaimed by an open mouthed owner of a poor club that could very well just try to buy goodwill from his supporters.

For all we know Jesé could be sat twiddling his thumbs just waiting for first team football at a club and manager that gives him confidence. However PSG has been holding our loan bid off in case they received a permanent offer which they have now realized won't happen, so today they have sanctioned his loan.

I'll be delighted if we get Snodgrass in. He's the one player we've been linked with that I genuinely want to come in.

He's the only one of the three (four including del) I wasn't bothered about, but now I've got money on.........get him signed up

I categorically do not understand the Ramirez thing.

He's failed at both his previous English clubs, indeed he's been overlooked and disregarded by 4 separate managers. At the end of the road for Southampton he joins us for 6 months and for the first time in years is integral to the team and bang in form. Why would he take the risk to join Leicester?

If he doesn't like playing on the wing then why is he joining a club that plays 2 up front and pacey wingers? If it's down to the thing with him and his wife, why is she demanding to leave the area and not demanding to leave him? Isn't he just going to do the same thing 6 months down the road when he's bored at Leicester?

Sure he'll get a game or 2 of champions league football there, but that's a one off - they're not going to be in Europe next season outside of a miracle.