oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Snodgrass favours a move to either Boro or West Ham, with Burnley unlikely to match his wages. #boro [Guardian]

I said this earlier, Burnley have an internal wage cap that's tiny (someone else mentioned 20k) if that is true (and it's been well documented that it is) they can't afford Snodgrass without breaking their own wage cap.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I categorically do not understand the Ramirez thing.

He's failed at both his previous English clubs, indeed he's been overlooked and disregarded by 4 separate managers. At the end of the road for Southampton he joins us for 6 months and for the first time in years is integral to the team and bang in form. Why would he take the risk to join Leicester?

If he doesn't like playing on the wing then why is he joining a club that plays 2 up front and pacey wingers? If it's down to the thing with him and his wife, why is she demanding to leave the area and not demanding to leave him? Isn't he just going to do the same thing 6 months down the road when he's bored at Leicester?

Sure he'll get a game or 2 of champions league football there, but that's a one off - they're not going to be in Europe next season outside of a miracle.

Leicester is seriously the weirdest club to want to leave to.

He's failed at both his previous English clubs, indeed he's been overlooked and disregarded by 4 separate managers. At the end of the road for Southampton he joins us for 6 months and for the first time in years is integral to the team and bang in form. Why would he take the risk to join Leicester?

If he doesn't like playing on the wing then why is he joining a club that plays 2 up front and pacey wingers? If it's down to the thing with him and his wife, why is she demanding to leave the area and not demanding to leave him? Isn't he just going to do the same thing 6 months down the road when he's bored at Leicester?

Sure he'll get a game or 2 of champions league football there, but that's a one off - they're not going to be in Europe next season outside of a miracle.

Maybe he wants to say 'I played in the Champions League' and then get a move back to Italy? Who knows. It doesn't make a lot of sense. He's moved around a lot already so maybe it's not really a surprise.

Maybe its the Tinkerman

If Gaston leaves, i'd hope that we can get all three of Snodgrass, Bojan and Jese in.

Snodgrass obviously seems furthest on at the moment and given Lurker's info a while back and Snod's Boro connections, quite confident he will choose here over West Ham.

Few posters on FMTTM seem sure that Jese was over here today for talks. Not that i believe it. :P

If Gaston leaves, i'd hope that we can get all three of Snodgrass, Bojan and Jese in.

Snodgrass obviously seems furthest on at the moment and given Lurker's info a while back and Snod's Boro connections, quite confident he will choose here over West Ham.

Few posters on FMTTM seem sure that Jese was over here today for talks. Not that i believe it. :P

That's entirely because a plane from Paris happened to land today. No one has any idea really what it was for.

They'll just be thinking on that private plane at DTV from Paris. However there has been no mention of Jesé at the media today, and I'd imagine someone would have picked the story up if he was actually here.

Maybe he wants to say 'I played in the Champions League' and then get a move back to Italy? Who knows. It doesn't make a lot of sense. He's moved around a lot already so maybe it's not really a surprise.

I suppose I'm questioning that but then the bloke did kind of sign a contract with a Uruguayan club. Maybe he slaps a cheeky tenner down on the Sky Bet transfer markets and then hands in a transfer request.

@GazetteBoro

Our latest understanding as #Boro aim to sign two attacking midfielders | @PTallentireGaz

3 if Gaston leaves, but if that is happening then they'll keep it under wraps.

That's entirely because a plane from Paris happened to land today. No one has any idea really what it was for.

I know we're just speculating but doesn't it seem really odd that a private jet only has a 6 hour layover at DTV and it just happens to have come from Paris? Not many normal businesses would do any kind of talks in the 4-5 hours they have had once their off the plane.