oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Usually it's buying club who doesn't want news of making a bid being leaked so I find the Snodgrass information strange as Hull side are denying what our side have said. Maybe the club have told the Gazette it in order to induce Jese and Bojan to make a decision quickly - which would make sense if Jese was indeed on that private jet from Paris today. It seems like he's hanging on at PSG waiting for them to subsidise a higher percentage of his wage if he goes on loan to Las Palmas so will want to wait until the final day of the transfer window if he thinks he can make us wait that long. If he truly wanted to go to Las Palmas for the wage on offer then he will have by now.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who wouldn't be happy spending 10million on a 30year old who has only performed half a season in the league before!

Lack of place and his final ball is very hit and miss in my opinion! No1 can question his ability to take a set piece but from open play I think we could do a lot better..

Jese and bojan with ramirez going out would be a successful window! I'd love to keep ramirez but I think it's pretty obvious that's he's going

I think Snodgrass would do a good job, but I don't want him.  I'd rather spend the money on someone younger and faster, Snodgrass is better than what we have, but is coming to the end of his career and won't push us into the top half.  

Jese, Bojan and Traore behind Bamford for me and we will have plenty of pace and mobility upfront.  Assuming Ramirez goes.

The fear of waiting for Jese and then missing out on Snodgrass is making me hope we can get Snodgrass signed up as soon as possible. The balance of an experienced Snodgrass adding as competition for a developing Traore would make a lot of sense. We've had an awful time recruiting  wingers recently so I'll be happy with anything better than what we already have.

It's looking totally pointless Downing staying around isn't it?. Hopefully Crystal Palace come back in for him once we make some progress in our hunt for a one or two wingers.

I know for a 100% fact Stewey isn't interested in leaving, getting new house built in Nunthorpe area, so unless he has a massive change of heart he's going no where.

I do wonder where the Gazette got there info from?? Anyone think it's been released to try to get Stoke or Jesé to make a decision... just playing devils advocate here.

Surely they want to have some integrity as journalists?!

Yes very true mate. Just looking at it from different angles...

But like you say why would they report it's been accepted if it hasn't been accepted... either they do not have a reliable source/guessing/jumped the gun or like you said they could be working another angle.

Strange

Wonder if hull are trying to persuade us to let them have one of our players as part of a deal. OtherWe I can't understand why the deal would be on the table. Either they would accept it or reject it, especially given that they have accepted an offer from elsewhere. It's either a good enough offer or it isnt

Am I the only one who wouldn't be happy spending 10million on a 30year old who has only performed half a season in the league before!

Lack of place and his final ball is very hit and miss in my opinion! No1 can question his ability to take a set piece but from open play I think we could do a lot better..

Jese and bojan with ramirez going out would be a successful window! I'd love to keep ramirez but I think it's pretty obvious that's he's going

I think Snodgrass would do a good job, but I don't want him.  I'd rather spend the money on someone younger and faster, Snodgrass is better than what we have, but is coming to the end of his career and won't push us into the top half.  

Jese, Bojan and Traore behind Bamford for me and we will have plenty of pace and mobility upfront.  Assuming Ramirez goes.

I'd say Snoddy with those would provide a better balance for our situation. I think he's exactly the type if player you want in a relegation battle

Wow we resurrect his career and at the first possible chance he tries to jump ship. Genuinely unreal. I still don't understand WHY LEICESTER.

Play style wise he couldn't pick a worse team!