oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I don't think we'll get Bojan now. What that means for our formation, I don't know. But as I said yesterday, we won't sign all 3 unless Gaston and Downing both go, and we are told by the Gazette that Jese is close and that Snodgrass is the priority.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'll get Bojan now. What that means for our formation, I don't know. But as I said yesterday, we won't sign all 3 unless Gaston and Downing both go, and we are told by the Gazette that Jese is close and that Snodgrass is the priority.

I agree with this, Bojan looks like the one that we would shoe-horn into the side in the first place. Jese and Snodgrass down the sides with hopefully Ramirez in the middle would be good.

I hope all this with Gaston gets sorted and he stays

i think over the course of a game youd benefit more from jese and snodgrass than jese bojan or bojan snodgrass and them two are also the best fit for the current formation of 4 3 3, we would probably leak too many goals playing 2 in midfield again as people have said. Assuming traore is going to be on the bench more often than not at least we arent losing the pace of the side as jese is very quick and snodgrass guarantees that almost every set piece is a potential goalscoring opportunity, on saturdays evidence id rather have the ball rolled back to the half way line or a throw in than try take a corner or free kick.

If Gaston is looking to leave, I think who we bring in will define what system we end up playing. If it's 2 of Snodgrass, Bojan or Jese:

Snodgrass & Bojan - 4-2-3-1

Snodrass & Jese - 4-3-3

Bojan & Jese - 4-2-3-1

For that reason alone, I hope we sign Bojan... Or if it's Snoddy & Jese, that we also add a creative central midfielder to at least make the 4-3-3 less stifled.

I'd rather Snodgrass than Bojan too, honestly.

Snodgrass & Bojan or Snodgrass & Jese and I'd be happy enough. Though I'd still like to keep Ramirez with that being the case.

Beyond money reasons and possibly the size of the squad, don't think we should be selling Ramirez anyway, especially when it strengthens a rival.

Bear in mind this is based on hearsay alone, I can't really sympathise with him if there's just been a tiff between him and Aitor, especially when it would be over where he plays. Join the queue. Unless we contractually told him he would be playing CAM, he has no reason to kick up a fuss. Get on with it, stop being so selfish and play where you're told.

If Gaston is looking to leave, I think who we bring in will define what system we end up playing. If it's 2 of Snodgrass, Bojan or Jese:

Snodgrass & Bojan - 4-2-3-1

Snodrass & Jese - 4-3-3

Bojan & Jese - 4-2-3-1

For that reason alone, I hope we sign Bojan... Or if it's Snoddy & Jese, that we also add a creative central midfielder to at least make the 4-3-3 less stifled.

e.g.

Clayton    De Roon

Snodgrass

Adama               Jesse

Negredo

I honestly think people are overrating Snodgrass on here and I think many are going to be in for quite a shock if he comes watching him week in week out. 

I'm not saying hes a bad player by any means, but you are talking about a guy who did *** all in a poor Hull side last season in the championship (who were very lucky to get promoted), hes slow and offers very little from open play. Defensively he is also shocking, hes not a grafter. 

What you are essentially getting is a 29yr old who can take a exceptional set piece. Is he better than what we have? I'd have Traore of last Saturday in way ahead of Snodgrass however he is quite possibly better than our options. 

What I would say though is that getting him almost guarantee's Hull taking one of the relegation spots which could be worth the fee in the first place.

I honestly think people are overrating Snodgrass on here and I think many are going to be in for quite a shock if he comes watching him week in week out. 

I'm not saying hes a bad player by any means, but you are talking about a guy who did *** all in a poor Hull side last season in the championship (who were very lucky to get promoted), hes slow and offers very little from open play. Defensively he is also shocking, hes not a grafter. 

What you are essentially getting is a 29yr old who can take a exceptional set piece. Is he better than what we have? I'd have Traore of last Saturday in way ahead of Snodgrass however he is quite possibly better than our options. 

What I would say though is that getting him almost guarantee's Hull taking one of the relegation spots which could be worth the fee in the first place.

BeamishBoro will be along shortly to call you a troll / idiot.

I've probably seen him more than most on here living in Hull and going with my old man to Hull matches over the years. He's infinitely better than what we have at the moment. I mean we can't even get a ******** corner past the first man at the moment. We've got players who are good in the air with no service to them. Free kicks... we may as well not bother.

Granted he's not the most pace laden of players, but looks like we might be getting Jese in to fill that void.

And like I said earlier, why downplay his set piece ability? In a side that struggled to create chances that could well be our best chance of scoring in quite a few games and it's an area we're particularly weak in despite having quite a lot of good headers of the ball.

Add the goals he's scored from free kicks or assists he's got from set plays and were likely closer to the top half than relegation.

Does anyone know if jese is good on a dead ball?