oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

If we do lose ramirez then bojan would be my number 1 choice. He is he only real like-for-like replacement. The only playmaker. Snodgrass is a right footed left winger (can play left I'm told) and jese plated for Madrid as part of a front 3, mainly from the right. Can't tell u where he played for psg as barely got game time. I'd like all three but bojan must be first choice imo

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think people are overrating Snodgrass on here and I think many are going to be in for quite a shock if he comes watching him week in week out. 

I'm not saying hes a bad player by any means, but you are talking about a guy who did *** all in a poor Hull side last season in the championship (who were very lucky to get promoted), hes slow and offers very little from open play. Defensively he is also shocking, hes not a grafter. 

What you are essentially getting is a 29yr old who can take a exceptional set piece. Is he better than what we have? I'd have Traore of last Saturday in way ahead of Snodgrass however he is quite possibly better than our options. 

What I would say though is that getting him almost guarantee's Hull taking one of the relegation spots which could be worth the fee in the first place.

Set pieces are a real issue for us with Ramirez out/possibly leaving. I'm not sure if you saw Clayton's corner at the weekend - it ballooned up like he was wearing clown shoes.

I do get your point though - Snodgrass is not the messiah who is going to save our season. We need a balanced/coherent attack and for that I think we need Jese, Bojan and Snodgrass.

Hopefully, by some miracle, we can keep a 'happy' Ramirez too. Maybe no-one will take him at £15M and he'll realise that Boro is the only place he's done well since Bologna.

I honestly think people are overrating Snodgrass on here and I think many are going to be in for quite a shock if he comes watching him week in week out. 

I'm not saying hes a bad player by any means, but you are talking about a guy who did *** all in a poor Hull side last season in the championship (who were very lucky to get promoted), hes slow and offers very little from open play. Defensively he is also shocking, hes not a grafter. 

What you are essentially getting is a 29yr old who can take a exceptional set piece. Is he better than what we have? I'd have Traore of last Saturday in way ahead of Snodgrass however he is quite possibly better than our options. 

What I would say though is that getting him almost guarantee's Hull taking one of the relegation spots which could be worth the fee in the first place.

Id rather have traore of last saturday than any other player we have been linked with. He could have had 3 assists if negredo had gambled on both decent crosses like a normal striker and de roon got a bit more luck with his header, whether he can do it week in week out is the main question though, lets hope he can.

Regarding this Graeme Bailey bloke.  Don't know who he is other than he's some journalist fella.  If he doesn't hold Karanka in high regard then that's his right.  He probably gets more information about stuff going on behind the scenes than the majority of us and just maybe some of what he's told isn't flattering to Karanka?  In any event there are some people in this world that don't think the sun shines out of the Karanka's *** and they aren't automatically wrong just because you don't want to hear it.

It's not about his attitude to Karanka mate, but to the entire club. He's a supposedly a fan, but for years now his general tone has been negative, barbed and spiteful - even before Karanka arrived. His inherently base responses to some of the Boro fans tweets is awful; aye, some probably deserve it - but when you look at some of the Twitter conversations, it's evident he's a bit of a megalomaniac who enjoys the position he's in and can't stand to be challenged or questioned in any way. He tweets at people calling them names, waits for them to respond so he knows they've seen it, then deletes the tweet... He's a proper scumbag.

And personality aside, he's often very wrong with his info.

Cant blame him or any other journalist for going on the way he does, cant imagine its easy having to listen to some random bloke saying your talking ***e every 10 seconds over twitter

The way AK spoke about needing a pacey winger makes me believe if we get Jesé he may play opposite adama, and in other games neither will play with snodgrass opposite Fischer (if we get both). It would give us options to start matches with 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 as well as options with 3 at the back

And like I said earlier, why downplay his set piece ability? In a side that struggled to create chances that could well be our best chance of scoring in quite a few games and it's an area we're particularly weak in despite having quite a lot of good headers of the ball.

Exactly. If I had to watch Forshaw put another corner straight onto Andy Carroll's head on Saturday I'd have screamed myself ho***.

Surely if we're using pace properly, Negredo won't need the ball lumping up to him 5 yards ftom the halfway line, which then requires him to bust a gut to get into the box. In that scenario he'd hopefully already be in the box.

Imagine jese and Traore tearing down either side, leaving full backs in their wake, only to the put the ball in the box and Negredo arrive 30 seconds later!

thats why traore has to do 143 stepovers, biding his time for alvaro to join the party.

Surely if we're using pace properly, Negredo won't need the ball lumping up to him 5 yards ftom the halfway line, which then requires him to bust a gut to get into the box. In that scenario he'd hopefully already be in the box.

If that's the case we may as well play Bamford instead of Negredo because fox in a box he ain't. He's a link up striker, I don't see him ever being the type of player who's always just going to always be in the right place.

I've only seen Jesé play a handful of times, I think he is an exciting prospect for us if he finds form... is he a pacey winger? Or just quicker than Stuani or Downing say

Aliadiere

Careful, that's defamation!!! He could sue :D