• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think people are overrating Snodgrass on here and I think many are going to be in for quite a shock if he comes watching him week in week out. 

I'm not saying hes a bad player by any means, but you are talking about a guy who did *** all in a poor Hull side last season in the championship (who were very lucky to get promoted), hes slow and offers very little from open play. Defensively he is also shocking, hes not a grafter. 

What you are essentially getting is a 29yr old who can take a exceptional set piece. Is he better than what we have? I'd have Traore of last Saturday in way ahead of Snodgrass however he is quite possibly better than our options. 

What I would say though is that getting him almost guarantee's Hull taking one of the relegation spots which could be worth the fee in the first place.

Every player we sign gets overrated on here mate unless no bugger has ever heard of him of course. It's daft but it's just excitement I guess.  Nobody seems to realise that the people doing it are often the same ones a few months later who are already talking about their replacements when it doesn't work out.

Regarding Snodgrass, this is the best season he's had in the Premier League by some distance really. He's basically at his usual productiveness but with half a season or so still to go.  As you say he's also 30 this year so you're not buying someone that is likely to improve.  The question for me is whether this season is a very good one off season a*** lots of ok to good seasons or if he can replicate it next year and the year after.  I suspect we'll end up looking to replace him in 12-18 months if we do end up signing him and I also suspect that this signing wasn't top of Karanka's personal wishlist.  It feels to me like a statistical/numbers based interest but that could be complete crap of course.  Just my gut instinct.

What happened to the, 'I prefer to speak of the players that we have'? :D

This makes me think he's in the bag

That was my thought too. Usually when he goes into that much detail on a player, he's announced shortly afterwards.

@GraemeBailey

Aitor Karanka confirms Leicester have bid for Gaston Ramirez. He says he remains an important player for him. Doesn't want to sell.

Is that something Karanka has said in his press conference, or Bailey being Bailey?

@GraemeBailey

Aitor Karanka confirms Leicester have bid for Gaston Ramirez. He says he remains an important player for him. Doesn't want to sell.

Is that something Karanka has said in his press conference, or Bailey being Bailey?

He said it and Boro and rejected it

Probably just wishful thinking, but is there any chance this Ramirez thing is just a loan move until he gets his life sorted out?

A bit like Hughes saying they haven't received any 'bids' for Bojan, then it came out that we might only be looking at a loan deal for him.

There seems to be more suggestion that it's an issue between Ramirez and AK than other aspects of his personal life.

Ak also confirms that Snodgrass bid isn't accepted, gazette in the wrong

He said there was a bid and it was rejected, so he could have been talking about last week's bid, which we already knew was rejected.