oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Does anyone now think earlier rumours of Ayala leaving be it Turkey or elsewhere was just a load of bull?

With Chambers out for 4 weeks or so I would think he will be needed

No, I don't think it was bull. I think there was definite interest.

We won't sell him though.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When suggestions were made that Ramirez wanted to leave and had spoken to Ranieri I think quite a few thought it was BS, but this reared its ugly head weeks ago so in that time nothing between Karanka and Ramirez has been resolved, Ramirez will have been advised to put the transfer request in to force a deal through. I don't see the point in keeping a player who's unhappy regardless of who he is. Mind its unusual for Karanka to fall out with anyone.

Karanka said from the start that if the right offer comes in and Ramirez wants to go then he'll go. Him handing in an official transfer request won't force anything. We aren't actively trying to sell him, so if someone else wants him, it's down to them to match our valuation, or he won't be leaving.

On the 14th January Karanka was asked by the EG about Ramirez and said No Chance he won't be leaving this month, so he didn't actually say that Ramirez could go from the start, Karanka has since said different which he's entitled to. I agree the right valuation has to be met but by  putting the transfer request in he is making it official that he wants out and no longer hearsay.

When suggestions were made that Ramirez wanted to leave and had spoken to Ranieri I think quite a few thought it was BS, but this reared its ugly head weeks ago so in that time nothing between Karanka and Ramirez has been resolved, Ramirez will have been advised to put the transfer request in to force a deal through. I don't see the point in keeping a player who's unhappy regardless of who he is. Mind its unusual for Karanka to fall out with anyone.

Karanka said from the start that if the right offer comes in and Ramirez wants to go then he'll go. Him handing in an official transfer request won't force anything. We aren't actively trying to sell him, so if someone else wants him, it's down to them to match our valuation, or he won't be leaving.

On the 14th January Karanka was asked by the EG about Ramirez and said No Chance he won't be leaving this month, so he didn't actually say that Ramirez could go from the start, Karanka has since said different which he's entitled to. I agree the right valuation has to be met but by  putting the transfer request in he is making it official that he wants out and no longer hearsay.

Ok, fair enough. I must have missed that, or just forgotten.

Dyche on Snodgrass:

There's a considerable difference between any kind of fee being agreed and any player joining. That's the only news at the moment. Hull decided to go public with that. That's the way it goes. It's an ongoing situation. There's no imminent moment that the player is here or going to sign.

In theory they gave us a chance to speak to the player and take it from there. I get the feeling there's a number of clubs who have been interested.

The reality is I could be as confident as I want. If the players numbers don't work or he didn't want to come or another bid goes in even higher than our bid, which I'm told there's a strong chance that that has happened, then that changes everything.

Reading between the lines (and this is my own interpretation), it sounds as though he knows the player isn't keen.

I am somewhat surprised that there has been little movement (so far) of outgoings, especially as Downing, Ayala, Husband, De Pena, Rhodes et al have been mentioned, the only one who was not original mentioned was Ramirez being the only likely departure at this time.

Question then are Boro having to rely on outgoings first?

Dyche on Snodgrass:

There's a considerable difference between any kind of fee being agreed and any player joining. That's the only news at the moment. Hull decided to go public with that. That's the way it goes. It's an ongoing situation. There's no imminent moment that the player is here or going to sign.

In theory they gave us a chance to speak to the player and take it from there. I get the feeling there's a number of clubs who have been interested.

The reality is I could be as confident as I want. If the players numbers don't work or he didn't want to come or another bid goes in even higher than our bid, which I'm told there's a strong chance that that has happened, then that changes everything.

Reading between the lines (and this is my own interpretation), it sounds as though he knows the player isn't keen.

He probably just put the bid in because he knew we'd match it. Now he'll have a go at how much money we're spending :D

Hope that article about Jese is right.

Does anyone now think earlier rumours of Ayala leaving be it Turkey or elsewhere was just a load of bull?

Summer maybe if at all you'd think.

Certainly with Chambers out for the next few weeks, I can't see us selling him now. Hopefully between now and summer everything can get sorted and he'll end up staying.

I am somewhat surprised that there has been little movement (so far) of outgoings, especially as Downing, Ayala, Husband, De Pena, Rhodes et al have been mentioned, the only one who was not original mentioned was Ramirez being the only likely departure at this time.

Question then are Boro having to rely on outgoings first?

Definitely not. We spent (relatively) little in the summer, so we'll have money to spend.

We have also made space in our squad by offloading Nsue, Nugent, Mejias and De Sart, and have only brought in two players. 

Rhodes will almost definitely go, as will Gaston, but both will be on our terms. The money for Rhodes especially would be nice, as he won't really get a game, but if the acceptable bids don't come in, I think we'll keep them.

As far as de Pena and Husband go, it's a bit quiet, but I reckon de Pena will sort out a loan to Uruguay in the next few days, and we'll probably send Husband out to the Championship. I thought we'd use him as a bargaining chip for Charlie Taylor, but that seems to have gone quiet.

No more in that article than we know already. PSG are not the stumbling block - it's Jesé himself.

Do you have a northern echo subscription? I don't so judged off the headline that they probably have some more info in the bit that's hidden. If I'm wrong then fair enough.

No more in that article than we know already. PSG are not the stumbling block - it's Jesé himself.

Do you have a northern echo subscription? I don't so judged off the headline that they probably have some more info in the bit that's hidden. If I'm wrong then fair enough.

For some reason I was able to read the whole article.

There's nothing new in there unfortunately, only more about PSG want him to come to Teesside because we can offer more money towards wages.

Certainly with Chambers out for the next few weeks, I can't see us selling him now. Hopefully between now and summer everything can get sorted and he'll end up staying.

We can't afford to sell Ayala now, would leave us short in the CB position if we got another injury. Like you I hope Ayala stays beyond this season.