oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

People are decribing Snodgrass as a wide option and Bojan as a central option. Is one really the back up to the other or will our formation really depend on which one we get?

Yeah, I think so. Snodgrass and Jese would have effectively been two wide players, with Negredo (or he and Bamford if we played 4-3-2-1) in the middle.

Missing out on Snoddy makes me think we'll push for Bojan, who would play behind the striker, with Jese left and Bamford/Adama right.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest you couldn't blame a 30 year old Snodgrass chosing West Ham over us or Burnley for that matte,r guaranteed PL next season or go from a relegation battle club to a relegation battle club, sensible option is West Ham..

From a career point of view, yes it's his best option. From a family point of view uprooting your family from Yorkshire to London is a huge deal. Moving from one part of Yorkshire to another part of Yorkshire, isn't. Probably wouldn't even have to move house if he came here.

Is it possible that we've got the Jese deal done and dusted and told Snodgrass that we're no longer interested? I feel like we'd be doing a lot more to get him here otherwise, given how close a West Ham transfer appears.

I've been watching Jese's Youtube clips and it seems that a lot of his goals and assists have come from the left wing cutting infield so looks like he can be effective at LW. That would make him a far more preferable option to someone like Snodgrass who's best at RW - an area that we already have plenty of options. I think it's a fair assumption to make that Karanka wants Jese far more than Snodgrass so if we get Jese then missing out on Snodgrass won't be that much of a blow.

We may have plenty of options at RW (Traore, Stuani) but we need better. Same can be said for LW (Downing, Fischer). Bojan isn't a RW/RF so if he was to come I think he will play more centrally should we revert to 4231, I just don't see how he's going to fit in the system we currently use. Snodgrass would have been perfect for us, I'm gutted.

Lets be honest you couldn't blame a 30 year old  Snodgrass chosing West Ham over us or Burnley for that matte,r guaranteed PL next season or go from a relegation battle club to a relegation battle club, sensible option is West Ham..

From a career point of view, yes it's his best option. From a family point of view uprooting your family from East Yorkshire to London is a huge deal. Moving from East Yorkshire to North Yorkshire, isn't. Probably wouldn't even have to move house if he came here.

Is it possible that we've got the Jese deal done and dusted and told Snodgrass that we're no longer interested? I feel like we'd be doing a lot more to get him here otherwise, given how close a West Ham transfer appears.

I agree put players move to different parts of the country all the time its just part of football you take the best option for your career, Snodgrass probably has 3 or 4 years left at the top, his wife will know the score its a big career move.

I've been watching Jese's Youtube clips and it seems that a lot of his goals and assists have come from the left wing cutting infield so looks like he can be effective at LW. That would make him a far more preferable option to someone like Snodgrass who's best at RW - an area that we already have plenty of options. I think it's a fair assumption to make that Karanka wants Jese far more than Snodgrass so if we get Jese then missing out on Snodgrass won't be that much of a blow.

We may have plenty of options at RW (Traore, Stuani) but we need better. Same can be said for LW (Downing, Fischer). Bojan isn't a RW/RF so if he was to come I think he will play more centrally should we revert to 4231, I just don't see how he's going to fit in the system we currently use. Snodgrass would have been perfect for us, I'm gutted.

I wanted snodgrass eventually (as I had money on him) but don't think he particularly fits the current system of 4-3-3. Think he's better suited in a 4-4-2. Jese played in a 4-3-3 for Madrid and bojan used to play it for barca in the days of Messi, Ronaldinho, eto'o. He was normally fist replacement for one of these and giovanni do Santos was the other option. I think Bojan suits both systems well as either one of the three up top (narrow) or centre of a three behind a striker

I've been watching Jese's Youtube clips and it seems that a lot of his goals and assists have come from the left wing cutting infield so looks like he can be effective at LW. That would make him a far more preferable option to someone like Snodgrass who's best at RW - an area that we already have plenty of options. I think it's a fair assumption to make that Karanka wants Jese far more than  Snodgrass so if we get Jese then missing out on Snodgrass won't be that much of a blow.

Bamford will most likely be playing from the right as well.

Maybe Jese at LW will mean Downing can be moved over to the #10 spot ?

Or the central mid; make use of the role Big Sam used him in, but not quite as advanced. Would add a bit of creativity and forward momentum to those 3 CMs in the 4-3-3. Definitely wouldn't play him in that role in a 4-2-3-1 though.

A bit like how Mendieta went once he lost his pace.

Don't know how reliable this site is but they're saying that Las Palmas are making a last push for Jese. The links a couple of hours old as well, so it's not breaking news or owt.

"The UD Las Palmas raises its bet by Jesé

The canary aims at the Premier

The UD Las Palmas does not give up and continues to rely on closing the sale of Jesse Rodrigue z in recent days the market. Today the Canaries striker is closer to becoming a new player Middlesbroug h, which is willing to pay all the salary of the player. However in the last hours the canary has been able to set up its bid to try to convince the PSG and Jesse calling at the islands at least until the end of the season."

http://elfichaje.com/la-ud-las-palmas-sube-su-apuesta-por-jese/

This link from above article is quite interresting

20 done deals we expect to see this January transfer window

Express Sport runs through 20 of the most likely deals we expect to see before the transfer window ...more

Can't link to it..

options look real good if we keep gaston this window and get jese an bojan. all wishful thinking atm though, but nice to look at how we'd shape up.

--------------1Negredo

--------------2 gestede

1 Jese--------1 Bojan-----------1 Traore

2 fischer.....2 Gaston--------2 Bamford

nice to see we'll have some real depth in the attacking positions downing and stuani still to fit in to. although i dont see downing getting a game. stuani will probably still play often.

looking at the numbers we'd have in attacking positions i think the 4231 formation will be 100% back if these players come.