• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies please!!

The window isn't closed yet and there will be tons going on behind the scenes of that I am sure. The time to judge will be next week.

Still think we will see good players coming

Only boro fans can be so negative when we miss out on our second choice target. We wanted Jesé more so we let snodgrass go because we got pretty strong signals for Jesé's camp he would be coming here.

And then almost immediately news broke that Las palmas were still confident they'd get jese.

You can see why fans may be frustrated

Only boro fans can be so negative when we miss out on our second choice target. We wanted Jesé more so we let snodgrass go because we got pretty strong signals for Jesé's camp he would be coming here.

And then almost immediately news broke that Las palmas were still confident they'd get jese.

Not really

We should be expecting competition for top players, imo LP president is only making these noises to appease fans.

Not really

We should be expecting competition for top players, imo LP president is only making these noises to appease fans.

I think he's saying things in the hope that it will sway Jese, rather than with any confidence that it will.

Didn't AK say that the reason Downing wanted to stay and fight for his place was because the only people interested were either Championship clubs or direct rivals and Stewy didn't want to take either option? That's the kind of loyalty I like to hear from our players... you listening, Gaston? ;)

Karanka wanted to move Downing on because he's not a starter and is on big wages. Gibson was willing to loan him out but not to a rival.

Fair do's, Lurker! What I read was obviously the PR spin!

Not really

I think he's saying things in the hope that it will sway Jese, rather than with any confidence that it will.

The issue isn't with swaying Jesé though, if given free choice Jesé would be there already. They have to stump up at least 50% of his wages, which they can't afford whereas some of the reports yesterday reckoned we can pay all of his wages.

Looking at it from a neutral perspective, Sunderland, Swansea, Hull, Palace - none have really strengthened either. Swansea have brought in Carroll, who balances them very well - but ultimately, they're still worse off than us I feel.

We'll bring in someone.

Feels like our chase for a right-back this summer. We've put up a good fight for our main targets but might end up with none of them.

The thing with the Jese thing is that PSG will surely want a deal that works for them and won't let him leave regardless. All they can really do is beg them to let him leave with less wage contribution but I don't see why PSG should. It's not in their best interests.

I guess the main reason people are concerned about him having to be convinced is because of the reason he needs to be convinced being made very public. He's failed to settle in Paris, in another country. The language barrier has affected him. What's to say that will be different here? Nothing is for certain, it might work out but that's why there's some wondering whether he's right for us, for me anyway.

He seems the most likely to sign at the moment though so if it goes through, will fully back the lad and hopefully we can help him settle. The atmosphere will be a bit different than him going to PSG where he's a smaller fish.