oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Karanka confirmed in his press conference this week that Leicester did bid and that it was rejected because it didn't meet our valuation.

They are now considering whether to match our valuation I suppose, just the same as we may be doing with Bojan. With a lot of these negotiations it can involve a bit of waiting to see if the other party will blink first.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The odds on bojan have hardly changed in days. There are no foreign clubs even in the betting so either it's made up rubbish or no-one, including bookies haven't heard any whispers. Lurker says he's very much in our thinking and can't understand why people would just ignore this.

Charlie on sports Saturday reckons we've had a 16mill bid for gaston. If that's the case I'd be looking to ship him out and push for bojan. Think talks are ongoing it's just a case of ironing out whether a loan can be done.

Perhaps because if he was very much in our thinking you'd expect things to have progressed?  They haven't progressed as far as anyone can see.  If he's very much in our thinking then what are we waiting for exactly?

What are we waiting for? Do you expect every detail of every conversation between the two clubs to be publicised? A press conference every day to tell the fans where we are with regards to negotiations? Just because we as fans don't know all the ins and outs doesn't mean things aren't progressing. AK tends to let very little slip regatding negotiations. The only things we hear are the snippets from the itk guys. Not even they know everything. The fans not knowing things are happening doesn't mean that they aren't happening. It means the club's are doing their jobs where they should be done....behind closed doors

No, of course I don't expect every detail of every conversation to be publicised. I expect us to get on with the job of improving the side and as of the 28th of January we've failed to do that. You've got no idea what the club are or aren't doing, you're simply making assumptions. So yes, what are we waiting for?

No, of course I don't expect every detail of every conversation to be publicised. I expect us to get on with the job of improving the side and as of the 28th of January we've failed to do that. You've got no idea what the club are or aren't doing, you're simply making assumptions. So yes, what are we waiting for?

I'm not assuming anything. I'm taking the word of someone who seems to know some info that we are still in for him. Others are assuming on nothing other than the club being silent that the effort to get bojan has been in vein. Simple fact is only the people involved truly know what's going on but I'd suspect that if the chase was over the club would let us know. That seems to be the way things are done

But that same person seemed pretty sure we were definitely in for Snodgrass and as it turns out we weren't. He was quite clearly a back up option at best for us, which is why we didn't move for him earlier and only moved in the end when other teams did. I'm not convinced we really went for him anyway, I think it was a halfhearted effort because we weren't that bothered. So are we really in for Bojan or is he another back up option type of player that we may or may not go for? We know what Stoke want for him or we'll have a very good idea by now, it's not like this has just been going on for a day or so. We know what they want for him so either we really do want him in which case we should get on with it and put him in a position of making a decision or perhaps we're looking elsewhere already.

I love the names and links to the club mentioned by members, gives us something to discuss and hey always the same as other windows.

The only thing that matters is when and if Boro announce things

Yes, which is why I'm asking the question, what are we waiting for exactly? Not bothered about what information people put on here, I'm talking about what the club are actually doing.

Again, are we waiting? We may well have put in a definite bid as well as a loan bid. We are hearing that bojan prefers the loan so we may be trying to thrash out a loan deal. I don't know. Only those involved do. But I find it a touch harsh to say what are we waiting for when the club may well be actively pushing for the deal. However, you may be right, he may be a second choice. Either way it's complete speculation. Therefore imo, it's impossible for a fan to say with any kind of conviction that the bojan deal is no longer on the cards. That seems fair

Yes, which is why I'm asking the question, what are we waiting for exactly? Not bothered about what information people put on here, I'm talking about what the club are actually doing.

I imagine we're waiting for a breakthrough. I don't exactly know what you want to see right now if there isn't one. There's still a few days to go yet.

I don't know how you decided we weren't in for Snodgrass either. Aitor confirmed we were for a start. Can't blame ourselves too much if they wouldn't sell him to us, doesn't mean we weren't after him. As for being a low priority, the only thing that has suggested he wasn't a high priority signing is the people who who told us we were in for him before the club mentioned it so are you picking and choosing which bits you believe? Basing that on you saying 'that same person seemed pretty sure we were definitely in for Snodgrass and as it turns out we weren't'.

Not saying we haven't had a *** window by any means CT, but I really don't know what you want the club to do other than explicitly reveal each player we're after and their priority level on our list.

Snodgrass probably would have chosen us over West Ham if Hull had accepted our bid. They didn't so he couldn't, Burnley couldn't afford his wages so he didn't have much choice.

Why?

From what I've been told he wanted to stay up North.

Snodgrass probably would have chosen us over West Ham if Hull had accepted our bid. They didn't so he couldn't, Burnley couldn't afford his wages so he didn't have much choice.

Why?

From what I've been told he wanted to stay up North.

Lurker said everything was agreed in principle and I'm sure family reasons were cited as he'll have to move from Yorkshire now. But Hull wouldn't sell to us when there were other parties looking to buy and that's their prerogative.