oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I get the impression some of our fans think that a transfer window is just like a big game of Super market Sweep. With AK and Bauser dashing it around with a empty trolley and just piling in attacking wingers , creative midfielder before running to the checkout and paying for them. It's a tad embarrassing really

Don't get this post at all tbh.

As the window opened I'd say pretty much everyone on here was under the same impression that we desperately needed an influx of creativity into the squad. It's been categorically shown that we struggle to create chances, struggle to get a shot on target, struggle to get goals, and I believe we are dead last in the league in all the above categories.

We've been linked with Snodgrass, Bojan and Jese pretty much all window, and have seemingly missed out on all three.

Obviously people are starting to get a little concerned that we are going to finish this window with even less creativity than when we started in (If Ramirez goes), and are getting ridiculed for being concerned?

Yes let's wait until Wednesday before going mental, but if you think with the current squad we have that we're not in with a real chance of getting relegated than you need to get them rose-tinted specs taken down a shade.

totally agree

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Las Palmas are expecting to confirm loan signing of Jese from PSG. If confirmed it will be a huge blow to Middlesbrough who had agreed terms.

It just gets better and better!

Barragan was out of the blue as I don't think he was ever on our list to begin with. The timing of his and Negredo's deal seemed too convenient for me. We'd missed our main targets and took someone in a position we needed to help Valencia out and help us get Negredo.

Ok as far as VB is concerned the last info forwarded was genuine and not as a wind up, yes he had his moment last season but quickly admitted to it but this is not the case.

I believe he was reliably advised that Jese was joining us and to be frank with the confusing information surrounding this player then I am not at all surprised that VB felt it was genuine information.........at that time!

Clearly Jese does not want to come but who knows maybe Boro have been communicating right up the this present moment.

VB mentioned that Bojan was still on or wish list but we have seen the outcome just now of his departure and I guess the same could be said about Snodgrass.

The unexpected well I have nothing more on this but I would imagine VB will update me when I send him a text which I will advise you all about.

The trouble is I feel that Boro have not, due to present position or performance wise, done themselves any favours of making us an attractive place to come and play football unless you thrive on relegation dog fights

Las Palmas are expecting to confirm loan signing of Jese from PSG. If confirmed it will be a huge blow to Middlesbrough who had agreed terms.

It just gets better and better!

Will it really?

Why on earth force a player who obviously does not want to come to Middlesbrough, despite connections to ply his trade and for us to suffer the consequences :shy:

It sounds like we've put all our eggs in one basket, we've spent a month trying to convince a player (Jese) who never wanted to come here.

We'll end the month with Ramirez who doesn't want to be here and Downing who Karanka doesn't want.

Would Loftus-Cheek add creativity in midfield?

Just thinking if we kept playing 4-3-3 and added him on loan, could he play a role slightly higher than say Clayton and De Roon and add a bit of creativity?

Add to that someone like Costa from Wolves and it could still be all good