oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

A window where we've chased a specific trio of targets, in hopes of signing 2/3, to lose out on them on the 29th of January to Mainz, Las Palmas and West Ham is not a good look. Here's the problem with it'll all be fine don't worry, we ended the summer being at least one short in winger/no10 and now we're ending january in the same position except our main playmakers had his head turned and how committed to a relegation fight will he be now knowing he probably has a relegation release clause that LCFC can activate in the summer. The end isn't nigh but it's closer than it was a few weeks ago on the bright side Gestede and Bamford should be very capable in the Championship for us if the worst happens so not a totally incompetent window by us.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the mood on here if we don't make anymore signings, lose Ramirez and lose to West Brom on Tuesday.

Justifiably worried and disheartened. We seem to be going backwards tactically and in form. Even yesterday other than Downing and Fabio was flat

The biggest worry with it all is at different times we thought we had all 3. (I don't mean all 3 would sign)

Snodgrass is understandable as Hull wouldn't let him go but the Bojan one is a worry.

I really hope it wasn't because we prioritised others and it's meant that we've missed out on him

Just heard from VB and he has advised me that Boro were "confident" of signing Jese so I could well imagine that there will be a downbeat mood all over the place if latest developments prove correct. He will let me know about the "unexpected" as he is going to ask about him.

NOT A WIND UP

I felt we needed two attacking midfielders/wingers in addition to Ramirez at the start of the window. It's now a strong possibility that we could get none and lose Ramirez. This is starting to turn into a disaster.

New tactic... play 8 at the back, Traore in front of them and Negredo up top. Don't concede and hope Traore can beat their whole team, get tackled by the last man and hope it drops to Negredo to finish.

In all seriousness we could be left with these attacking midfield options:

Fischer - don't want to write him off but what I've seen of him so far is very very poor in my opinion.

Downing - all, but a performance against a poor league two side, has been very average.

Stuani - bags the odd goal but there is more creativity in my grans big toe.

Traore - I really like him and he has bags of potential but we will be relying on a player who, to date, has yet to contribute with a goal or assist.

Very worrying! Let's just pray we have something else lined up.

Bojan quite understandably didn't want to sign a permanent deal until we were guaranteed Premier League football next season, so wanted an initial loan. Stoke wouldn't loan him out to a fellow Premier League club.

Stoke have said that they refused to sell/loan bojan to a pl club according to ssn. So again absolutely nothing the club could do about that one. Guessing we were hoping that no one else would come in and their hand would be forced on deadline day. If we knew this I have no doubt there was a plan b and c in case the worst happened

This Window has been a complete mess. Wrong areas improved (if improved is the right word), players being ostracised for seemingly no reason, and now our key targets appearing to tell us to do one. Not a great image for the club at all. Then to top it all off, rumours of unrest behind the scenes. I bloody hope we get this amazing name VB has been talking about, otherwise to quote Mick Mccarthy a few weeks ago in his post match presser "we'll be up a very muddy stream without a paddle"

This Window has been a complete mess. Wrong areas improved (if improved is the right word), players being ostracised for seemingly no reason, and now our key targets appearing to tell us to do one. Not a great image for the club at all. Then to top it all off, rumours of unrest behind the scenes. I bloody hope we get this amazing name VB has been talking about, otherwise to quote Mick Mccarthy a few weeks ago in his post match presser "we'll be up a very muddy stream without a paddle"

Snodgrass - Hull refused to sell him to us as we're fellow relegation candidates.

Jese - Only ever wanted to go to Las Palmas, but there's still a ray of opportunity there.

Bojan - See my above post.

Not a single element of this is the clubs fault. There's still time, wait and see what happens over the coming days.

Bojan quite understandably didn't want to sign a permanent deal until we were guaranteed Premier League football next season, so wanted an initial loan. Stoke wouldn't loan him out to a fellow Premier League club.

That makes perfect sense, hopefully we'll hang on to Ramirez. It's not been a great window. But how many teams sign more than a couple of players in January?

We've spent £12m, which is a lot for us. Yes we are in danger of being relegated, but we've known that would be the case since we gained promotion last season. We aren't going to spend our way to safety, we are going to have to play our way to safety. If at the end of the season we fail, we'll re-think, re-group and start again.

At the risk of being called a retard again ...I still genuinely think that we can stay up with our current squad and manager.

UTB