oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Clutching at straws but at least one positive from this transfer window is that Bojan, Deulofeu and Jese have all only moved on load so if we do manage to stay up, there's a good chance we could be in for all 3 in the summer.

Sorry, you're saying we could be in for all three players who decided not to join us and this is a positive?

Do you get any enjoyment out of football? Like, what's the point? I enjoy blind optimism, may be unrealistic but this is still just a hobby,it's much more fun this way.

To be fair CT has a point, as easy as it is to think hes just on the wind up there is nothing good about them 3 players not wanting to join in this window.

Indeed, it means we may have to bring in permanent signings for players we don't really want. Or loan signings that we don't really want. Appreciate the point but it's going to be no good them being available if we're in the wrong division to begin with.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Clutching at straws but at least one positive from this transfer window is that Bojan, Deulofeu and Jese have all only moved on load so if we do manage to stay up, there's a good chance we could be in for all 3 in the summer.

Sorry, you're saying we could be in for all three players who decided not to join us and this is a positive?

Do you get any enjoyment out of football? Like, what's the point? I enjoy blind optimism, may be unrealistic but this is still just a hobby,it's much more fun this way.

To be fair CT has a point, as easy as it is to think hes just on the wind up there is nothing good about them 3 players not wanting to join in this window.

I'm talking more generally, tbh, he's not the most upbeat of people. Fair play if that's how he likes it, it's just difficult for me to understand.

There's 2/3 signings more along than we think. Names we haven't heard yet too.

Just heard from a decent source

Cheers. Hope this is true.

It's the hope that kills you though

When does your selfish source get back from their galavanting? :D

I'm starting to think it's his fault for these deals falling through

If things stay as they are with no more signings and assuming Gaston stays, I'd say we're 50-50 between staying up and going down. Given that, I think we need Rhodes to stay as we might be needing him next season - that is providing he still wants to play for us.

50/50? So we're either going down, or we're not? Yep, I'd agree with that.

Pretty sure Newcastle wanted cairney but were put off the 10m+ fee quoted. Is Cairney an attacking winger??

Not really from when I've seen him before. If we were to get him I'd expect him to go into the midfield three I think...

Pretty sure Newcastle wanted cairney but were put off the 10m+ fee quoted. Is Cairney an attacking winger??

Hes a number 10 more often than not. played wide left quite a lot last season though and has a goal to game ratio of about 1 in 5, decent at set pieces has a wand of a left foot.