oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Rudy Gestede “I think my agent did some good work to get in touch with the club (Middlesbrough)".

I've posted this before but I can't accept that Gestede was identified as a player to make a difference to us. More like him being hawked about by his agent to get him out of Villa.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Had Cairney's name been mentioned early last week before we knew what was happening with Snodgrass, Bojan and Jese, every bugger would have been up in arms.

We've missed out on our targets so now all of a sudden the Cairney signing looks a good signing.

We are targeting a player who we don't know if he actually has the ability to make the step up in class to the PL ala Bamford, as opposed to players who've actually played at the highest level.

It can be sugar coated how you like its a hope and pray signing,.

Don't try to tell people why they think Cairney, or anyone else, would be a good signing.

State your own opinion, don't try and belittle others.

I think he's got a point Will. If we are talking about Bojan, Jesè, Deulofeu and snodgrass (some) people would have laughed at the thought Tom Cairney His point is now they are out of the window some could be dressing cairney up as a good option. Don't really see the issue with that

Of course compared to Jesé, bojan and deulofeu cairney isn't a great signing. But Jesé, bojan and deulofeu aren't here are they? So compared to nothing he's a decent attack minded midfielder who isn't an amazing headline making signing but is better than is being made out.

I bet if it was loftus-cheek on loan the same people would be rubbing one out, however they are very similar players but one is young and un proven and the other one isn't.

I'd take loftus-cheek, cairney, lingaard on loan, martial would be a dream, Ashley young would be a very good loan signing, helder costa would be a good signing if we could pull that off.

But look at that list of players... Stop dreaming about the likes of bojan and wanting the whole club sacked because we didn't/couldn't get them. That list of players (apart from martial) IS our current level wether we like it or not. Unless we seriously pull it out of the bag that's as good as it will ever get this January. Get used to it, take it on the chin and deal with it.

Are we not well covered on the left? Think we need an attacking midfielder rather than Ashley Young?

You mean like Tom cairney ;)

And no wouldn't say we're well covered on the left, yes you could point to downing, Fischer and de Pena but will any of them make a difference to our season? Unlikely.

I'd play downing over young.

I would if downing would try and beat his man every once in a while. He seems more interested in passing sideways and back over. Please don't comeback with his performance yesterday against a team about 80 places below us