oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

For people unsure about Ashley young here's a video of his highlights last season. Yes he's not the most exciting signing ever but looking at the video he is quick, direct, not scared to run at defenders and can get past them and can also put a decent ball in. Never mind the fact he can play 4 or 5 positions.

other than traore we don't have any other attacker who can do what young shows he can do or who is willing to commit defenders. Tbh I can't see what's not to like.

https://youtu.be/bdP4Ke6JpIM

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bojan and Jesé were very ambitious targets, my point is they should be seen as the exception of what we could attract right now rather than the norm. And call me what you like I don't care enough to argue.

I wasn't being serious  :blush:

Bojan and Jesé were very ambitious targets, my point is they should be seen as the exception of what we could attract right now rather than the norm. And call me what you like I don't care enough to argue.

I wasn't being serious  :blush:

Ah fair play then haha.

I think Gaston will be staying as it stands.  I can't see Cairney being his replacement.

I'm pretty sure he'll stay, unless Leicester panic and put in a really stupid offer.

My problem with it is I don't think Gaston has the right temperament to buckle down and play his best until the summer.

Time heals all wounds? maybe he'll remember where he was a year ago? or maybe he'll think if he doesn't perform he wont get a decent move in the summer

I think Gaston will be staying as it stands.  I can't see Cairney being his replacement.

I'm pretty sure he'll stay, unless Leicester panic and put in a really stupid offer.

My problem with it is I don't think Gaston has the right temperament to buckle down and play his best until the summer.

Time heals all wounds? maybe he'll remember where he was a year ago? or maybe he'll think if he doesn't perform he wont get a decent move in the summer

I hope so, just can't see it myself :(

I hope so, just can't see it myself :(

TBF, I was surprised that Albert got his head down last year after all that happened.

It's for his own benefit to do so, just as it was with Albert. If he wants to spend another 6 months pretty much on a hiatus from football then so be it.

tumblr_naexbh2cQn1rmis34o1_400.gif

Oooh, so a REAL bird like.

I thought when people kept posting that about him, that it was some sort of weird kink...... kind of like Ashley Cole and mobile phone-gate.

I feel much better about it now, having seen that clip.

I thought when people kept posting that about him, that it was some sort of weird kink...... kind of like Ashley Cole and mobile phone-gate.

I bloody don't, makes me feel ill. If a bird shat in my mouth, I don't think I'd want to grace the pitch ever again!

Kind of like Ashley Young!

I'd imagine Young has quite a few offers on the table, from us, Watford, possibly Swansea and Hull, and is just waiting till deadline day to decide. Bit like when about 7 or 8 clubs were in for Chambers and he chose us.

I bloody don't, makes me feel ill. If a bird shat in my mouth, I don't think I'd want to grace the pitch ever again!

Kind of like Ashley Young!

Don't get me wrong mate, having a (flying) bird shat in your mouth is in no way good.... It's just better than what I thought people were talking about... which was a lot more sick.

FWIW I hadn't actually taken it seriously, 'cos I thought it was just one of those daft rumours!

(I was going to make a joke about our signings after that, but thought better of it)!!!