oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Come on guys, if you believe any itk info is fully accurate and going to come off then that's on you for being so gullible.  There are a thousand reasons why a deal can collapse at any stage. So please don't get annoyed or angry at anyone for telling people what theyve heard, get angry at yourself for not taking it at the value that it truly represents

Eh? VB has previous for winding this forum up, that's all I said. Just because he admitted it last time doesn't mean non-admission this time round means he was being honest.

We need Lurker or theinsider to let us know what's happened and where the club is at right now regarding transfers!

I'm in the dark at the moment. 

Hope we get some surprise signings instead  of panic buys.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, if you believe any itk info is fully accurate and going to come off then that's on you for being so gullible.  There are a thousand reasons why a deal can collapse at any stage. So please don't get annoyed or angry at anyone for telling people what theyve heard, get angry at yourself for not taking it at the value that it truly represents

Eh? VB has previous for winding this forum up, that's all I said. Just because he admitted it last time doesn't mean non-admission this time round means he was being honest.

We need Lurker or theinsider to let us know what's happened and where the club is at right now regarding transfers!

I'm in the dark at the moment. 

Hope we get some surprise signings instead  of panic buys.

Agreed though we are definately going to be paying top top dollar for players now as clubs will know how many we have missed out on

"It’s a no to the Premier League. Boro and Karanka have done their best but found it impossible to convince him since the end of the year.

Aitor, who already knew Jese from the Spanish youth team, even offered him a private flight so he could know the facilities and the club.

However, Jesé never considered that option, with both football and out-of-football arguments."

http://www.marca.com/futbol/las-palmas/2017/01/30/588e3a64e5fdeabd1c8b4593.html

"It’s a no to the Premier League. Boro and Karanka have done their best but found it impossible to convince him since the end of the year.

Aitor, who already knew Jese from the Spanish youth team, even offered him a private flight so he could know the facilities and the club.

However, Jesé never considered that option, with both football and out-of-football arguments."

So he literally had no interest whatsoever. Better off without him.

VB doesn't do wind ups. Give the guy a break. We've clearly been in for players that haven't come to fruition. It's football, deals fall through all the time. Never take anyone's word as gospel when it comes to "certain" signings unless they're holding a shirt up in front of the cameras.

So he literally had no interest whatsoever. Better off without him.

We've been pursuing him for an awfully long time if that really was the case..

We've really shot ourselves a bit in the foot if we have indeed been holding off on other targets for four weeks waiting for Jesé to reluctantly being forced into a move here. Now we are desperate and other clubs and agents will know that. We simply have to rely on Gaston becoming happy again, Downing finding his old West Ham form, Fischer to show some sort of development, Traore to kick on and Bamford finding his scoring boots in a league where he hasn't yet registered a goal.

But then again Hull have lost their two best players, Sunderland are injury ravaged and have sold their second best player and are looking to strenghten with two Everton injury dods. Swansea and Palace are our only real contenders I'd say and neither have really strentghened significantly. While we may not have improved per se, the situation towards the bottom hasn't really changed that much.

Hopefully that puts to bed the club not doing enough in the window... we went all out with this deal... unfortunately as previously said we have probably wasted more efforts than we should but I still think AK was getting signals his head was turning otherwise surely he would of called time on the pursuit

VB doesn't do wind ups. Give the guy a break. We've clearly been in for players that haven't come to fruition. It's football, deals fall through all the time. Never take anyone's word as gospel when it comes to "certain" signings unless they're holding a shirt up in front of the cameras.

Apart from the time he did do a pretty big windup.

:D

So you're accusing VB of being on the wind up because his info hasn't come into fruition but then in the same post plead for info from Lurker who, in this window, has told us that both Bojan and Snodgrass had signed. Now I don't think either have been trying to wind people up. Both give honest info based on the information they get and sometimes it comes true and sometimes it doesn't. But you can't have one rule for one ITKer and a different rule for another. Yes VB's wind up on transfer deadline day in the summer was in terrible taste but that was a one off. Over the history of this message board I'm pretty confident he has been the most ITK of anyone.

:D

That was once for a laugh, and it was on Twitter, so nothing directly onto here. I've got no reason to think he did it again. As we have seen throughout January very little of the ITK snippets we've been given has actually come to fruition.

So you're accusing VB of being on the wind up because his info hasn't come into fruition but then in the same post plead for info from Lurker who, in this window, has told us that both Bojan and Snodgrass had signed. Now I don't think either have been trying to wind people up. Both give honest info based on the information they get and sometimes it comes true and sometimes it doesn't. But you can't have one rule for one ITKer and a different rule for another. Yes VB's wind up on transfer deadline day in the summer was in terrible taste but that was a one off. Over the history of this message board I'm pretty confident he has been the most ITK of anyone.

Bang on, J.T. - and that's nowt against Lurker or TheInsider, just the way things go sometimes I guess - annoying, but not any individual ITK poster's fault