• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Jese wanted to go back to Spain (Gran Canaria) so his mother could hold his hand and tell him he was brilliant, because he'd failed to deliver in Paris, instead of joining a coach who he knows can get the best out of him, at an unfashionable club, putting himself in the shop window in the richest league in the world.

Go figure!

Not the clubs fault, I'm sure that whilst they had their fingers crossed it would come off they've been working on other targets.

Very harsh. Just because a player doesn't want to join us doesn't mean people should pull a hissy fit at him

Even though I would have loved him here I think his judgment was spot on.

He has said he is out of form and hasn't played in a long while. He needs to get. Back his confidence and feels going to a harder league than the one he is in and to a country speaking a language he can't speak. For just 3 and a half months could be a mistake. Whereas going home to an easier league would help him

I can't see how people wouldn't agree with that

If he gets back to playing well he can consider a good move in the summer. And based on what he said it's probably a really risky move for us. What if he didn't get his form back for 12 games what good would that do us

Out of interest.

Has PSG, le'equipe confirmed Jesé?

The sky sports reporter at Rockcliffe pretty much did about an hour ago stating him as one of the 3 players that we have now missed out on with him opting to return to Spain this month.

Sky know very very little when it comes to transfers. 

All they do is trawl the internet and then state it's 'sky sources' 

Obviously they will have a few contacts but not many at all.

Jese wanted to go back to Spain (Gran Canaria) so his mother could hold his hand and tell him he was brilliant, because he'd failed to deliver in Paris, instead of joining a coach who he knows can get the best out of him, at an unfashionable club, putting himself in the shop window in the richest league in the world.

Go figure!

Not the clubs fault, I'm sure that whilst they had their fingers crossed it would come off they've been working on other targets.

Very harsh. Just because a player doesn't want to join us doesn't mean people should pull a hissy fit at him

He has said he is out of form and hasn't played in a long while. He needs to get. Back his confidence and feels going to a harder league than the one he is in and to a country speaking a language he can't speak. For just 3 and a half months could be a mistake. Whereas going home to an easier league would help him

If he gets back to playing well he can consider a good move in the summer. And based on what he said it's probably a really risky move for us. What if he didn't get his form back for 12 games what good would that do us

Whilst I understand, I guess it just seems like a backward step for the lad at his age and he could end up de-valuing himself. But I've certainly no bad feeling towards him - just frustrating that we invested alot of time and energy into this. Hopefully we were simultaneously looking at other options...

Are Hull just having a fire sale and have basically just given up on staying in the Premiership? Sounds to me like they are cashing in assets to either re-fill the current Chairman's bank account or boost their accounts prior to yet another attempt at a sell off. Either way it is good news for us as if they join the 'doomed' club with Sunderland then we only have one other rival to finish above. Perhaps we are back in for McGuire if it is a sell off and this rumour about not selling to relegation rivals is wrong.

You could say there might not be much news for us today, as any deals we're working on now are most likely starting from scratch.

As we haven't got our targets, I expect Ramirez to stay. I'm not sure if that will be a 'result' as he's clearly unhappy.

Maybe we'll get lucky with a short term loan from a top club, with a player wanting game time.

Or we'll get lucky with a quality player making the step up from abroad/lower division, willing to risk relegation and playing in the Championship next season.

Other than that, it does look very difficult for us to recruit any real quality. Rivals won't sell to us and we're too risky a proposition for quality players to commit to long term.

If we were mid-table play attractive football, it could be different, but that was a big ask in our fist season.

I could even see Rhodes staying now we've missed out on targets, as he's a good contingency plan for relegation/new management.

Sorry, this has got to be my bleakest post ever, but it really does feel like we've missed out on all our main targets and we're going to be short in crucial areas with players like Downing and Rhodes still on the wage bill that the manager doesn't rate.

Go figure!

He has said he is out of form and hasn't played in a long while.  He needs to get. Back his confidence  and feels going to a harder league than the one he is in and to a country speaking a language he can't speak. For just 3 and a half months could be a mistake.  Whereas going home to an easier league would help him

If he gets back to playing well he can consider a good move in the summer.  And based on what he said it's probably a really risky move for us. What if he didn't get his form back for 12 games what good would that do us

you seem to have missed my point, we're an unfashionable club, ok we play in the richest league but players generally don't see this as a dream move. He could have put himself in the shop window, I believe he will be going back to Spain to stay because he doesn't want to play/live anywhere else.

No guys sorry have nothing concrete but assuming that latest news reports etc are valid then it stands to reason that we surely have to have cover for those players who seemingly are going within the next 24 or so hours.

Actually I am still sticking with my earlier claims that I felt our business was done but indications are not supporting that stance anymore.

Also I have only ever reported stuff I know 100% and am loathed to be tarred and feathered with a wind-up tag

Bloody hell alan you change your mind like the wind. Come on pick a side of the fence. You know it makes sense :)

Richest club in the league with financial fair play regulations. We can't just go and buy someone for 20 million and a load of wages to bag.

Additionally, we always had issues bringing in players, even when we were top flight last time.

Go figure!

He has said he is out of form and hasn't played in a long while.  He needs to get. Back his confidence  and feels going to a harder league than the one he is in and to a country speaking a language he can't speak. For just 3 and a half months could be a mistake.  Whereas going home to an easier league would help him

If he gets back to playing well he can consider a good move in the summer.  And based on what he said it's probably a really risky move for us. What if he didn't get his form back for 12 games what good would that do us

you seem to have missed my point, we're an unfashionable club, ok we play in the richest league but players generally don't see this as a dream move. He could have put himself in the shop window, I believe he will be going back to Spain to stay because he doesn't want to play/live anywhere else.

I disagree. If he came here for three months and took two to acclimatise and get his form back then he would go back to psg with little credibility and no chance of getting a move on the same wages. But if he goes home and gets form back quickly he will be chased by teams all over the world

No guys sorry have nothing concrete but assuming that latest news reports etc are valid then it stands to reason that we surely have to have cover for those players who seemingly are going within the next 24 or so hours.

Actually I am still sticking with my earlier claims that I felt our business was done but indications are not supporting that stance anymore.

Also I have only ever reported stuff I know 100% and am loathed to be tarred and feathered with a wind-up tag

Frankly, haven't seen much directed at the likes of Lurker, theinsider etc. Even KM and his twitter reports. But ok  :rolleyes:

Anyone just seen Karanka interview on SSN. He is not happy! Doesn't want to talk about transfers and kept referring to 'the club knew who I wanted'

He's really pushing his luck with his comments to the media in the last few weeks

Nothing is ever his fault