oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

If we don't land anyone of interest to Karanka, surely it's a possibility he could resign. Better for his CV to read 'promoted, left the club above the relegation zone' rather than 'relegated and sacked'. He does seem far from happy at the moment.

It would be a really sh*tty thing to do to leave us after a transfer window with no hope for the new man to get anyone in. Redknapp did that to QPR a couple of years ago and their fans were rightly disgusted. I'd like to think AK has a bit too much honour about him, and respect for us, to leave us like that.

Hope you're right Tom. It's just that he did almost walk away when we were 2nd and he's making odd statements at the moment.

Whatever happens it does look like we're going to need of a managing masterstroke to get the best out of current players like Downing/Ramirez - a masterstroke not seen since the likes of Terry Venables!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard for him not to show emotion of how disappointed he is at missing out on potentially targets! At the end of the day if we lose a game the fans are asking for more attacking style football and blaiming him for not giving it to us. The most he can do is highlight who he wants to bring in to help with this and hope that he gets it.

Now he hasn't, it's his neck on the line just as much it's Boro's Premier league survival. Should be gutted as a team rather than look to blame him on something he doesn't have much control over. These next few games are going to need a great deal of unity which is something I can't see happening with comments I've read on other boards especially.

Anyone just seen Karanka interview on SSN. He is not happy! Doesn't want to talk about transfers and kept referring to 'the club knew who I wanted'

He's really pushing his luck with his comments to the media in the last few weeks

Nothing is ever his fault

Well you of all people should know who will be targeted when we don't play more attackminded football. Of course he is not happy. The fans are going to slate him for playing negative football yet he might have handed the club a very clear list early on as to which players could help deliver more goals.

Whatever has happened coming out and criticising the club will never go down well, just like criticising the fans last week didn't.

Every club misses out on transfer targets, how many managers come out and publicly blame others?

He won't ever get to the top level acting like that

Anyone just seen Karanka interview on SSN. He is not happy! Doesn't want to talk about transfers and kept referring to 'the club knew who I wanted'

He's really pushing his luck with his comments to the media in the last few weeks

I don't see what's wrong with what FamilyBoro said AK has said? If the club have failed to get the players he wants then he'll be rightly *** off.

I was *** I didn't get promoted but what else can I do

I'm sure you didn't have a microphone and TV camera shoved in your face after it though, did you?

Why would anyone want him to paint a pretty picture if he's unhappy that we've missed out on players? What do you want him to say when he's asked about transfers?

A bit of professionalism wouldn't go a miss.

I've backed Karanka and always will whilst he manages our club but he doesn't do himself any favours

I assume from the last sentence you believe this is his fault? Can you elaborate on that? Given that he isn't involved in transfer negotiations I'd be very interested to know.

Not saying it is but he seems to have developed a habit of blaiming everyone but himself over the last few weeks

If the rumoured 20 million second bid for Ramirez comes in why wouldn't we accept it and anticipate accepting it within the club? His heads gone and with his history of how he plays when unhappy he would be no use in a 6 month long relegation fight. Seems like previous windows we chase specific targets right until a deadline except this time instead of 1/3 of our targets we usually get we have 0. Seems like we're in some trouble right now regardless of what Hull or Sunderland are/aren't doing instead of selling our main creative player like Hull it looks like we'll keep him against his wishes with his head swivelled so not sure where the upside is in the idea that we'll be fine if we keep Ramirez

Not really Karankas biggest fan but we can't exactly blame him for this transfer window, can understand his frustrations this time.

He's also not going to walk out. He wouldn't. Surely it can't make him very employable for future jobs? Going gets tough so leave?

Well you of all people should know who will be targeted when we don't play more attackminded football. Of course he is not happy. The fans are going to slate him for playing negative football yet he might have handed the club a very clear list early on as to which players could help deliver more goals.

Whatever has happened coming out and criticising the club will never go down well, just like criticising the fans last week didn't.

Every club misses out on transfer targets, how many managers come out and publicly blame others?

He won't ever get to the top level acting like that

I watched it and he didn't come out and criticize. He said that he us preparing for West Brom and that the club has known who he wants for a month and a half so they are dealing with it. He also said he doesn't know why players like Jese and Snodgrass haven't chosen to come to us but that he has been focusing on the team. But yes, he looked thoroughly ***ed off. I would be too since it's not his job to recruit but he takes all the flack when we don't play well or win.

Honestly sometimes I get the feeling people want him to be the pantomime villain. Yes he's said some unwise things in the past but he is human after all. It would be one thing if he slated the club but people are just trying to read between the lines with this one.

I've thought Karanka was a dead man walking after last week anyway, you don't take on your own fans especially when you are not getting results on the pitch.

He is a man who is struggling to cope with the pressure and I think one more defeat will send him over the edge.

As it has already been mentioned he won't take responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault. I think he'll either walk or force Gibson to sack him in the next couple of weeks.

Not really Karankas biggest fan but we can't exactly blame him for this transfer window, can understand his frustrations this time.

He's also not going to walk out. He wouldn't. Surely it can't make him very employable for future jobs? Going gets tough so leave?

Exactly... I don't get how Karanka listing Bojan, Jesé, Snograss and/or deulofeu as potenial attacking targets and the club trying but unfortunately missing out for various different reasons falls to the blame solely on AK..

Obviously he is going to be frustrated today.

Hes ***ed because he's highlighted players or a type of player he wants and it doesn't look like we are going to get anyone. Which is understandable. But I do think he needs to work on how he communicates it, because as it stands he comes across in a way that could annoy fans, club and players

But January is a rubbish window that should be scrapped. Not a lot that AK or the club can do if clubs won't sell to us. 6 points better off and we would have a few top targets over the line already but we're not.

Being in a prem relegation battle is the worst place to be in the january transfer window. Players don't want to come, teams around us don't want to sell and would the board sanction big money moves with potential of going down.