• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So smogonthetees has said that AK disagreement last week was with Bauser over transfer targets...understandable.

Say that the fault is Bauser and AK/Gibson have been let down.

Oh god not him. He is about as reliable as a 90 year old man's bladder.

If we fail to land any targets, can you see Aitor adapting the shape of the team or sticking with what we already have?

If we fail to land any targets, I can see him throwing another hissy fit and this time walking for good. The next two days will make or break our season.

Going by today's presser he's clearly not happy don't think many would be surprised if he did walk

So smogonthetees has said that AK disagreement last week was with Bauser over transfer targets...understandable.

Say that the fault is Bauser and AK/Gibson have been let down.

Is that the moron who is 'best mates' with Dimi? I doubt he knows the relationship between the most senior figures in the club

It is. But things get out or are noticed on any workplace why would this be any different. At least we know he does definitely know someone. And to be fair he doesn't usually seem to be AK biggest supporter so defending him seems unusual.

What the hell has Victor Orta been doing this month. All our targets bar Jesé has been domestic targets. Has he not been able to identify a single player in all of Europe? I thought that was the idea of hiring him. To get a foot in on particularly the southern european countries.

Maybe he's not that good?  Maybe that's why he was unemployed when we hired him after being at the powerhouse of Eibar Elche?  Maybe his whole reputation is based on what happened at Sevilla when he was just a part of it?  Maybe none of it is his fault and he's actually supplied lots of names that have been ignored?  Maybe we aren't that attractive a proposition for any attacking players right now?  Maybe there are more maybes?

@SkySports_Keith

Q: "Think you'll add before Deadline?"

Karanka: "I don't know and I don't want to know. The club knew my thoughts a month and a half ago".

Karanka: "The aim was to improve the club and we haven't."

Q: "Have you got enough to stay up?"

Karanka: "I'll try my best."

That was absolutely not the response to that question.

Don't really know who's to blame, if anyone. Just a bit frustrated to be honest. Like I said previously, it's painfully obvious where we're lacking in creativity and nothing has been done to address this, although i mean that as in nothing has gone through I know obviously we've been trying with Snod, Bojan, and Jesé.

You could state the individual reasons why each player hasn't come, but can that be blamed on the club being unrealistic with their target list? Surely we might have known that Hull would have been reluctant to sell to us and could this have been ascertained earlier on? Same with Bojan. As for Jese you can see why that one fell through and no one to blame there.

I know transfer business is intricate and its not all that black and white, it just feels like we've dropped the ball here. Karanka wanted more creativity, the fans wanted more creativity, and even if Ramirez does stay he's likely not to bring the same form as previous, meaning we might be going into the butt end of the season with even less creativity.

@SkySports_Keith

Karanka: "I don't know and I don't want to know. The club knew my thoughts a month and a half ago".

About as inspiring as David Moyes.

Problem is he came out 2 weeks ago saying we need two wingers. He can't very well now say it's how he wanted it.

All he needs to say is that he is disappointed not to bring in a couple of the players we've tried to sign. However he's confident this group of players are good enough to move us up the table.

It's not rocket science is it? He seems unable to think before he speaks. Sometimes it's better to tell people what they want to hear. There's nothing wrong with telling the players they are all world beaters even when they're not.

I think that's nit picking a little bit. Like I understand what you're saying and that is certainly the optimum situation but he isnt a robot either. I don't know that I'd always say the perfect thing if I was quizzed by journalists every week, especially if I am annoyed by the subject that they're asking me about.

@SkySports_Keith

Problem is he came out 2 weeks ago saying we need two wingers. He can't very well now say it's how he wanted it.

All he needs to say is that he is disappointed not to bring in a couple of the players we've tried to sign. However he's confident this group of players are good enough to move us up the table.

It's not rocket science is it? He seems unable to think before he speaks. Sometimes it's better to tell people what they want to hear. There's nothing wrong with telling the players they are all world beaters even when they're not.

Or instead, do what he's done to let the fans and the higher ups in the club exactly what he thinks of our lack of business this month. He's been let down badly because the people in charge of transfers haven't done their jobs, it's that simple. That has made his job harder and he's ***ed off, rightfully so.

'I said I wanted to improve the squad and at the moment we didn't'

A ringing endorsement for Gestede and Bamford right there :)

At least we can drop the pretence that these signings were anything other than squad fillers now if the manager isn't that bothered about them.  He's understandably annoyed and I'm 100% behind him on this.  It's not his job to bring players in and if he's given the club either a list of names or the type of players he wants then he's fulfilled his role and it's up to them to get it done.  Unless he was lying a couple of weeks back he made it clear he wanted pace out wide for example.  Other than Jese, every player we've been linked with doesn't match that basic requirement so there is a clear disconnect between what Karanka appears to want and what the club are finding for him/us.  Add on the fact that I think we dilly-dallied with a few of these players anyway and he's right to be unimpressed.  His comments on Gaston suggest to me that he intends to refuse to sanction any move now but obviously that Gaston still wants out so won't play tomorrow in the hope of still getting his own way.

This.

Everyone on this thread is *** off that we haven't added to the first team yet some are almost offended that our manager thinks/says exactly that? I said it at the start of the window and I'll say it again, how can you place the blame on a manager who doesn't have control of transfers, doesn't seem to have any more influence than our chief scout or CEO? None of them get the pelters when we lose, none of them are under close scrutiny every week from 30,000 people. If I was in AK's position I'd be *** *** off, it's ***.

Was going to write my thoughts on the whole transfers or lack there of and who's fault it is/isn't thing but CT & Will have pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

(I'd +1 both of you if I believed in that sort of thing :P)

The most worrying thing about all this for me isn't so much the comments but the fact he's had to resort to saying what he said.

That says to me that we are out of ideas, there's no deals progressing under the radar, no surprise signings. Usually when asked about a move not happening he's calm and you can tell there's something else going on.

Not this time, I think that's it.

Blaming Karanka for Jesé and Bojan choosing other more established clubs for various reasons is just sad. These players rejected the club not Karanka. In bojans case I don't think he even had a choice as Stoke obviously blocked our loan offer. But I suppose someone has to be blamed.

It doesn't help when the media misquote him

Sky sports reporter Keith Downie

"Q: "Do you expect Ramirez to remain?"

Karanka: "I don't care."

Q: "You don't care?"

K: "Only thing I'll say is he'll be here on Feb 1 100%."

.... that's just picking out quotes by Keith to fit his narrative. He was asked if they had received another bid from Leicester and he said I don't know and I don't care. The only thing I'll say is he'll be here on Feb 1st. Basically he was saying they can bid all they like he isn't going anywhere.

It's shocking journalism. I don't know if it's deliberate or not from Keith, but if it is that's essentially anti Karanka propaganda.

Surely it's fairly standard journalism?

@SkySports_Keith

Except he's not confident that these players are good enough and neither are the rest of us. If he was spouting out the same ***e some managers do, we'd be having his life for it.

Many of us realise or have indicated that the real issue is where we are and how we might be perceived by certain elements, I accept all of that and it probably is the case.

We are where we are, up to the players and Manager to ensure that those behind us stay behind us.

Just think we could have a very exciting "Summer transfer Window" to look forward too

@SkySports_Keith

I think that's nit picking a little bit. Like I understand what you're saying and that is certainly the optimum situation but he isnt a robot either. I don't know that I'd always say the perfect thing if I was quizzed by journalists every week, especially if I am annoyed by the subject that they're asking me about.

C'mon he's gotta do better than that today, Karanka knows virtually question that's coming before even walks into that press conference.

You've got to use press conferences to send messages out to your players and the fans, that's the whole point. His defeatist attitude isn't helping anyone before tomorrow night.

You don't need a sports psychologist to see that Karanka is not in control of his emotions at the moment, he's a manager in the most famous league in the world I expect him to at least be able to be professional for 15 minutes.

If not for himself at least to gee the fans and players up a bit.