oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I think today's comments were meant to put pressure on Bausor and Orta to get someone in before the deadline. Not to take the blame of himself or give himself an excuse.

That's just my opinion. He has enough time to plan what he is going to say.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's had enough of taking the blame for what he feels is the recruitment team letting him down. No matter what the gazette will come out with plenty of fans out there still believe the manager goes out, talks to players and sorts the wages out etc. I think he's trying to make it clear that's not the case here.

It's a bit weird because I assumed he was pretty involved in the bojan and Jesé deals so would know why it fell through and that there's nobody to really blame? Unless there's things that have gone on we don't know about.

The club have made it clear we will not be held to ransom, in the summer when we had people coming in the door everyone agreed, now should we shell out regardless of what the club value a player at?

I hope we can stay solid and pick up the points but we may end up yo-yoing, it seems to have better prepared Burnley for the task, UTB

There's nothing happening, we've apparently scrabbled around for a loan signing from here or there but nothing concrete.

It's a shame there are so many on here intent on a wind up and so many are willing to believe them. We haven't been close to some of the things I've read on here.

C'mon he's gotta do better than that today, Karanka knows virtually question that's coming before even walks into that press conference.

You've got to use press conferences to send messages out to your players and the fans, that's the whole point. His defeatist attitude isn't helping anyone before tomorrow night.

You don't need a sports psychologist to see that Karanka is not in control of his emotions at the moment, he's a manager in the most famous league in the world I expect him to at least be able to be professional for 15 minutes.

If not for himself at least to gee the fans and players up a bit.

I have a degree in sports psychology.. I wouldn't say Karanka is not in control of his emotions

As a Sports Psychologist do you think Karanka is managing the club in the best way possible?

If he is in control what benefit is gained by criticising his own fans? Whether you agree or not he's turned a section of the support against him now.

What message is he sending out to his own team today? That doesn't strike me as a man in control.

The criticism of the fans was an attempt to protect his players, so in that respect I think he certainly has the teams best interest at heart. In this regards I think he is managing the club in the best way he can. Negativity from fans can have a massive effect on players and he just wants to deflect this.

The message he is sending out is clear.. He identifies players for the club to target.. Its up to them to pursue them. His focus is rightly the team he had and the match in front of him.

Wouldn't it be in the team's best interest to have the fans on side? The fans will be on the teams back quicker than ever tomorrow night if we don't start well.

He's saying today that Bamford and Gestede haven't strengthened his squad, and he doesn't know if he's got enough to keep us up. Hardly a ringing endorsement is it.

Of course it's in his best interests to have the fans on side.. But the priority is to have his players focused on what they are doing so that results will improve. Then the fans will be on side.

He is right to say that Bamford and Gestede haven't strengthened the squad, it is as strong as it was before they signed. The only way it will be strengthened is if we add creativity..

The thing that frustrates me most about Karanakas comments today is not necessarily having a pop at the higher ups, but more of the fact that it sounds like we're not likely to bring in any more players.

It'll be interesting to see what Karanka said for the embargoed section of the press conference.

Some of what he said has been paraphrased and misconstrued however it is obvious that he's furious.

The thing that frustrates me most about Karanakas comments today is not necessarily having a pop at the higher ups, but more of the fact that it sounds like we're not likely to bring in any more players.

I think that's what's frustrating him the most as well, hence the comments.

I think that's what's frustrating him the most as well, hence the comments.

Well he's making it clear he's not happy and he's making it clear it's not down to him if we end up with nobody else.