oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

Of course we're not.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

No one actually does that, stop being silly. I hate this preparing for the championship rubbish. What team four points clear of relegation would genuinely do that? It's stupid. Also foreign loan could be anything. Could be Negredo, could be Tavares. Let's just wait, yeah?

I've thought Karanka was a dead man walking after last week anyway, you don't take on your own fans especially when you are not getting results on the pitch.

He is a man who is struggling to cope with the pressure and I think one more defeat will send him over the edge.

As it has already been mentioned he won't take responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault. I think he'll either walk or force Gibson to sack him in the next couple of weeks.

he didn't "take on his own fans." He SUPPORTED his own players. Just what a manager should be expected to do.

Jesé was going to be a foreign loan.

Just saying like.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else. But I don't think you can accuse the club of a lack of ambition. And as much as I'd rather see AK happy with our exploits in this transfer window, the fact that he isn't just shows he cares. Of course the goal this season is to avoid relegation, but I do feel that he has much bigger plans for us.

I still think one half decent signing could be enough for us to finish a few points clear this season on top of what we already have; fingers crossed. And we might still have enough to avoid the drop with none.

My friend has just asked me how would i feel if Fabbrini signed for boro in the premier league my answer was "i wouldnt be unhappy". Just a hypothetical question but whats peoples thoughts on that? if that happened. Btw theirs no reason to suggest he is coming its just a curious question.

At what stage does someone who was actually on your list but slightly lower down become a panic buy?

When they weren't even on the list in the first place. Going off AK's presser earlier it sounded like we had all our eggs in one basket. With less than two days to go I cannot see us bringing in high quality signings which we desperately need.