oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

My friend has just asked me how would i feel if Fabbrini signed for boro in the premier league my answer was "i wouldnt be unhappy". Just a hypothetical question but whats peoples thoughts on that? if that happened. Btw theirs no reason to suggest he is coming its just a curious question.

I wouldn't like it. And he's just signed for Spezia. Next?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

At what stage does someone who was actually on your list but slightly lower down become a panic buy?

When they weren't even on the list in the first place. Going off AK's presser earlier it sounded like we had all our eggs in one basket. With less than two days to go I cannot see us bringing in high quality signings which we desperately need.

Conjecture.

At what stage does someone who was actually on your list but slightly lower down become a panic buy?

When they weren't even on the list in the first place. Going off AK's presser earlier it sounded like we had all our eggs in one basket. With less than two days to go I cannot see us bringing in high quality signings which we desperately need.

Conjecture.

That's just it. If he wasn't on the list how would the fans and pundits ever know? I've never known of a club releasing their wish list after the fact to let everyone know that the player signed on deadline day was in fact a panic buy.

I think hullboro is right. The fans decide. And if the fans aren't on the managers side.......

Conjecture.

This whole threads based on conjecture! Sort of the point of it really being a rumour thread.

I'm just guessing at the way it pans out at Boro but - reading between the lines - Aitor has a few names that he would like to get in (based on knowing them) and the Boro scouting team has a few players that they've been eyeing. If Aitor's choices fall through, for whatever reason, the scouting team may (or may not) have fall-back options that may (or may not) succeed.

This is not last-minute panic-buying but a carefully thought-out process. Neither does it mean that we're going to sign crap players - just not Aitor's (first) choices. However, it can end up going down to the wire tomorrow night anyway.

As manager, Aitor clearly has a big say in who is signed, but to a large extent he has to rely on the scouts. You do not have a dog and bark yourself.

Conjecture.

This whole threads based on conjecture! Sort of the point of it really being a rumour thread.

Discussing a transfer rumour, or deciding that we've ***ed up the whole window based on your interpretation of what one guy said, isn't quite the same though, is it? We literally don't know if all the eggs were in one basket (or 4), not yet anyway.

Quick question. If we did try to buy Young (given Jose revealed he wants out) then what price would be fair?

£5m? Similar age to Downing when we signed him, and similar pedigree.

I don't care if it's a big name or not, just has to have something about him.

Hopefully we're still in with a chance of getting young on loan but it doesn't seem that way.

So you would be happy with someone like Enzo Zidane until the end of season? We have enough projects in our squad already as it is. We need something, someone proven. Enzo Zidane or someone like him from the foreign picture would make absolutely no difference at all, they would need 5 or 6 games to just get up to speed. With less than two days to go the best we would be able to get is a youngster on the fringes of their respective team. Not good enough.

I know it's not a position we are looking for but just out of 'let's not let palace get him' (given rumours they have entered the race for his signature) would anyone sign Scott hogan for 15million? His goal scoring record over the past two seasons is excellent. Seems to have a real footballing brain too.