• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I personally took from the press conference is that we need to be ready for no more signings to be made.

AK gave them a list in December (whether it was positions/names/both) and we still don't have anyone other than Bamford-who will have been down as a squad player based on so many outgoings.

AK looked so frustated with no hint of any good news on the horizon. He knows he's not going to have a stronger squad than he started the window with...if anything it's weaker because Ramirez doesn't want to be here and attitude and commitment plays a big part.

Throw in Chambers and Friend being injured we're not in a good place for tomorrow night.

Other than that we're going to be fine :D

Don't know if we've gaot anyone to come in or not but AK keeps saying he doesn't know what happening and doesn't want to so not sure what he said means no one

Players are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. I still feel if we'd have offered 2m to PSG then they would have rejected all of las palmas offers out of hand.

I know we had an offer accepted. But there's a difference between being accepted and blowing las palmas out of the running. The power was always with PSG and boro to an extent but we *** it

PSG had already set out their minimum requirements to Las palmas and didn't move the goal posts even though our offer was much better - therefore accepted. Las palmas continued to improve their offer until it was acceptable to them as the player was clear on his preference.

Which makes me wonder what funny business has been going on as Las Palmas made it clear a few days ago that there was no way they could afford Jesé's wages, even when he dropped some of his wage demands,

Players are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. I still feel if we'd have offered 2m to PSG then they would have rejected all of las palmas offers out of hand.

I know we had an offer accepted. But there's a difference between being accepted and blowing las palmas out of the running. The power was always with PSG and boro to an extent but we *** it

PSG had already set out their minimum requirements to Las palmas and didn't move the goal posts even though our offer was much better - therefore accepted. Las palmas continued to improve their offer until it was acceptable to them as the player was clear on his preference.

Which makes me wonder what funny business has been going on as Las Palmas made it clear a few days ago that there was no way they could afford Jesé's wages, even when he dropped some of his wage demands,

Las palmas got a few players of their books and jese must have agreed to some wage and bonus reductions to reduce the financial impact for Las palmas

One thing I personally took from the press conference is that we need to be ready for no more signings to be made.

AK gave them a list in December (whether it was positions/names/both) and we still don't have anyone other than Bamford-who will have been down as a squad player based on so many outgoings.

AK looked so frustated with no hint of any good news on the horizon. He knows he's not going to have a stronger squad than he started the window with...if anything it's weaker because Ramirez doesn't want to be here and attitude and commitment plays a big part.

Throw in Chambers and Friend being injured we're not in a good place for tomorrow night.

Don't know if we've gaot anyone to come in or not but AK keeps saying he doesn't know what happening and doesn't want to so not sure what he said means no one

I'm glad he doesn't want to know, his job is to prepare for the match tomorrow, any input he needed to give on transfers would have been done in advance.

Personally, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

Jim White: "10:55PM BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports understands that Middlesbrough have had a £6M bid accepted for Jacob Butterfield. It's now a race against time for the Rams midfielder to make a shock move back to the North East."

"10:59PM BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports understands that Neil Bausor's fax machine has ran out of paper."

More his demeanour, he didn't look or sound hopeful only frustrated. Wasn't the face of a manager that was just being coy over potential signings like you normally see.

I for one don't expect any one coming in that will go into our starting line up.

Hope im wrong but it's January and Boro won't spend £20m on a £10m player. A loan of a Man U fringe player is about the most im expecting tbh.

Las palmas got a few players of their books and jese must have agreed to some wage and bonus reductions to reduce the financial impact for Las palmas

Still puzzling why Las Palmas have not come with the big announcement yet - return of the prodigal son, etc.

The foreign loan wouldn't be a "big" name.n

That's a shame was looking forward to watching Ronaldo at the Riverside

If i was going to make a jibe i would've went with something like...

"That's a shame was looking forward to watching Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink at the Riverside."

No jibe bud just banter on the big name loan

It looks like we will be after the likes of Craig Short, Glen Little, Chris Smalling and Peter Crouch then.

True story - I grew up over the road from Craig Short - really good lad and always spoke well of Boro.

Still puzzling why Las Palmas have not come with the big announcement yet - return of the prodigal son, etc.

They've got a game tonight so probably don't think it is appropriate. According to ESPN, their President said:

"Our intention is to unveil Jese on Tuesday afternoon at the Gran Canaria stadium," Ramirez told his club's official radio UD. "Jese's deal is almost completed. There is a total agreement."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3049664/jese-rodriguez-to-take-pay-cut-to-join-las-palmas-on-loan-from-psg

Interesting that West Ham are going for Scott Hogan he has the potential to be very good player for them given time.

Mentioned this earlier. Palace have recently enquired too. Think I'd be looking to jump in. With negredo loan running out in the summer we gonna need a third striker. Think he has the potential to be worth 35-40 mill with a good half season in the Prem behind him. Especially given what dembele is being quoted at